The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's quite as bad as you're making him out to be, he probably has more social skills than 90% of people on here.

My god man you are taking simping for Elon to levels that are just embarrassing. He is socially awkward, some say autistic, others psychopathic. His judgement on what is socially acceptable is terrible, which is why he deletes so many tweets when its pointed out he's stepped way over the line. I don't think he knows where the line is or maybe he just doesn't care, hopefully its the former.

My god man you are taking simping for Elon to levels that are just embarrassing. He is socially awkward, some say autistic, others psychopathic. His judgement on what is socially acceptable is terrible, which is why he deletes so many tweets when its pointed out he's stepped way over the line. I don't think he knows where the line is or maybe he just doesn't care, hopefully its the former.

Whats the antithesis of a "simper" 'cos with the leading post count of 1072 posts of abject negativity to Mr. Musk, you're the winner ;)

Anytime someone disagrees in this thread their automatically a simp, I see the same retorts on twitter too. It's quite aggressive and embarrassing.

You literally can't say anything positive without the obvious few resulting in childish, and really just **** patter, insults.

Always seen ocuk as a bunch of people who could discuss stuff in a mature manner too. Shame.

Anytime someone disagrees in this thread their automatically a simp, I see the same retorts on twitter too. It's quite aggressive and embarrassing.

You literally can't say anything positive without the obvious few resulting in childish, and really just **** patter, insults.

Always seen ocuk as a bunch of people who could discuss stuff in a mature manner too. Shame.

The only person I aim that at is Roar. There is a reason for that, I could explain it but you either know his posting history or you don't.

Last edited:

'Anytime', 'automatically', 'same', 'literally'. I didn't disagree with all of what Elon has done but I did say you and Roar are simps (which you are). Can you see how these two ideas co-exist? Not everything is an absolute (this is clever wording if you look at 'not everyth-', no? ok)

me said:
I watched it and Elon, as always, comes across as 'super smart nerd in highschool but how do humans work?'. He is and can be funny; he's pretty engageable when you watch him on most things, and surprisingly funny but just not always in the way he means. A massive problem is that he seems to have no one covering the 'but how do humans work' part. He does because he can not because it is for good. He says what he likes ('pedo') because he can and he'll then ignore it or hire the best lawyers (covfefe) to make it go away.

I imagine he looks at his Roar and his simpbase and doesn't pay it a second glance which is true to form but also funny, in his own way.

Yeah he's seemed like a slightly autistic but decent guy on every podcast and interview I've watched him on. He's friendly, laughs, has a sense of humour - no idea where you're getting psychopath from.

Facebook does this as well and so does instagram, I think they now all require you to login. It’s going to put a lot of people off signing up now just to search. All sites was once open but not any more.

These sites want every single bit of your life in data form.

Is that true for business listings? That you can't search for coca cola on Facebook without being signed up?

I ask as, given all personal profiles are typically private (I think) to all but friends, there's almost no difference any way, where as a Twitter profile is almost never private?

Posts like this just point to either a complete lack of awareness or the complete partisan bias of the poster. As everything there can be reversed and be just as accurate.

"Anytime someone criticises in this thread their [sic] automatically a hater," - That's a tick for Roar

"childish, and really just **** patter, insults." Childish, **** patter and insults you say? That's Roar right there.

"Always seen ocuk as a bunch of people who could discuss stuff in a mature manner too. " - You posted that in GD with a straight face? Again, you don't read much content by Roar do you.

Have you ever criticised Roar for doing exactly what you're accusing others of?

And hey @Chris Wilson for someone who loves to cast aspersions on people's intelligence for simple typos, how stupid do you think people are who get the wrong they're/their/there?

Posts like this just point to either a complete lack of awareness or the complete partisan bias of the poster. As everything there can be reversed and be just as accurate.

"Anytime someone criticises in this thread their [sic] automatically a hater," - That's a tick for Roar

"childish, and really just **** patter, insults." Childish, **** patter and insults you say? That's Roar right there.

"Always seen ocuk as a bunch of people who could discuss stuff in a mature manner too. " - You posted that in GD with a straight face? Again, you don't read much content by Roar do you.

And hey @Chris Wilson for someone who loves to cast aspersions on people's intelligence for simple typos, how stupid do you think people are who get the wrong they're/their/there?

Maybe GD needs to be removed and let’s just have it as a computer forum.

I honestly can't remember ever seeing roar attacking someone. No.

Maybe I've not seen it though.

Chris has definitely pulled me up for an unreadable reply before, but in fairness it was pretty bad English. But there's a difference to spelling badly and being pulled up for it, v being bullied for you're opinion.

Wow, yea you must have some selective reading tbh, he's one of the most baseline aggressive posters on here. Forever calling people dumb, clowns etc etc just because they have a different opinion to him.

Chris has definitely pulled me up for an unreadable reply before, but in fairness it was pretty bad English. But there's a difference to spelling badly and being pulled up for it, v being bullied for you're opinion.

There's a difference between politely pointing out when someone repeatedly spells something incorrectly, like when dowie had a blind spot with per se (per say), or Bowden always missing the h on has (as) [Which he still does :mad:]

But Chris very selectively targets people he is arguing with over what are obviously simple typos and makes digs about their intelligence. Mature debate or childish dig, what do you think?

And if you're so worried about people on here being bullied for their opinion, I guess you'll step in the next time @Tony Edwards gets piled on by the anti-woke crew?

Wow, yea you must have some selective reading tbh, he's one of the most baseline aggressive posters on here. Forever calling people dumb, clowns etc etc just because they have a different opinion to him.

There's a difference between politely pointing out when someone repeatedly spells something incorrectly, like when dowie had a blind spot with per se (per say), or Bowden always missing the h on has (as) [Which he still does :mad:]

But Chris very selectively targets people he is arguing with over what are obviously simple typos and makes digs about their intelligence. Mature debate or childish dig, what do you think?

And if you're so worried about people on here being bullied for their opinion, I guess you'll step in the next time @Tony Edwards gets piled on by the anti-woke crew?

The mods have already said they have caught people with dupe accounts boosting their own posts.

Very sad!

Last edited:

Wow, he is without doubt the angriest poster on OCUK, his choice of username is pretty bang on because he likes to roar at other posters. From questioning their intelligence, morals or his favourite line of attack which is questioning their masculinity, he does seem obsessed with posters masculinity. So either you don't read many of his posts or you have a blind spot regarding his posts.

The use of Twitter search for unregistered users being dropped, again seems counteractive to how Twitter makes it's money.

Surely advertisers want as many people as possible using the site, regardless of whether they are members, or pay Elon $8 a month?

If i was an advertiser, then blocking no users from essentially using the site simply means less people see my ads..

The use of Twitter search for unregistered users being dropped, again seems counteractive to how Twitter makes it's money.

Surely advertisers want as many people as possible using the site, regardless of whether they are members, or pay Elon $8 a month?

If i was an advertiser, then blocking no users from essentially using the site simply means less people see my ads..
I guess the idea is that, once those non registered users have gone through the effort to sign up, they are more likely to come back.

Still seems wrong to me though. I never use Pinterest for this exact reason.

One work around could be to Google the account you're after and put twitter with it and then go straight to their page, though I imagine Elon may change it so you can't even view twitter soon without being logged in

I guess the idea is that, once those non registered users have gone through the effort to sign up, they are more likely to come back.

One work around could be to Google the account you're after and put twitter with it and then go straight to their page, though I imagine Elon may change it so you can't even view twitter soon without being logged in

I just won't sign up *shrugs*

I don't want a bazillion different accounts for every website on the internet. It is exhausting.

Last edited:

Well thank god you now know it and it's been pointed out to you, you'll now call him out for it right? Lol roflmao haha 10 x smiley emoji, do I not beleive that you will.

I just won't sign up *shrugs*

I don't want a bazillion different accounts for every website on the internet. It is exhausting.

Indeed. It's a risk, but the method to get new users that Elon's trying is to force them to do something they'd not other wise. I imagine there is also an issue with not searches, and this helps prevent that waste.

Last edited:

I think it's Pinterest that my brother explicitely excludes from search results, if he's looking for a picture he routinely adds the "not interested" modifier for the domain, I think his explanation was that the site swamps the search results with often unwanted results and he's not signing up to get past the door on it.

I think it's Pinterest that my brother explicitely excludes from search results, if he's looking for a picture he routinely adds the "not interested" modifier for the domain, I think his explanation was that the site swamps the search results with often unwanted results and he's not signing up to get past the door on it.
That's exactly what it does. it's a silly idea imo,but obviously the site has had success (whether it's partly due to this tactic I don't know). I won't even entertain the idea of exploring what Pinterest is about as it stops me before I've had a second to explore.

Which is why I feel the decision to remove the ability to search on twitter without being signed in, is poor if it has been done to encourage sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom