The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that method is that you need to be somewhat discerning in your trolling and clickbait, at least if you want advertisers that actually pay a reasonable amount and are there for the long term.

A lot of sites and services that rely on clickbait find that line is quite hard to maintain and end up losing the better paying advertisers, and even in some cases the mid range ones.

Doesn't matter how many views his tweets get it's only the bottom of the barrel companies that buy ads against his handle and I guess probably with a CPM in the cents range

Author Exclusions, as Twitter calls them, let advertisers choose as many as 1,000 handles that they want their ads kept away from, in addition to keywords and topics. “Brands need to consider the source and what a person stands for,” said Jason Lee, brand safety officer at Horizon Media, a leading US media agency.

“The irony, of course,” said another media buyer from a large agency, is “the No. 1 or No. 2 account that we’re going to look to avoid is the owner of the company.”

I see he has been going off on one about how bad home working is recently.

Interesting. We should definitely listen to a man who's flagship company builds expensive personal transportation about such subjects....

So glad I didn't cave and get a Tesla. After Tesla dropped their prices a few months ago, it was looking like I might end up a hypocrite, but just ordered a BMW i4. I wonder if there's a right wing lunatic buying a Tesla for everyone of me who's choosing not to. Elon has the right to tell everyone in the world what's on his mind, and I have the right to base my buying decisions on what the owner of the company thinks.

did-he.jpg

So glad I didn't cave and get a Tesla. After Tesla dropped their prices a few months ago, it was looking like I might end up a hypocrite, but just ordered a BMW i4. I wonder if there's a right wing lunatic buying a Tesla for everyone of me who's choosing not to. Elon has the right to tell everyone in the world what's on his mind, and I have the right to base my buying decisions on what the owner of the company thinks.

To be fair to Musk. The cars and the SpaceX stuff is fine, successful and was even if its less so now in regards the cars, cutting edge.
I think its what most rational actors think he should be doing, being involved in those businesses even if he isn't as actively involved as his job titles make out, he was and is a clear part of their success chain.
Do what your good at not what your bad at and all that.

The people buying the cars are either 1) just normal people who select based on their balance of importance, 2) Muck cultists. I would say most are 1, but the group 2 are super super up his **** and in their eyes he can literally do no wrong.
The are like Trump fans, Brexit fans etc, they really are just cultists.

When they are pointless then yes apologies are pointless.

It's like if someone upsets you on this forum by calling you a mean word, and you report it. So they apologise, but then call you that big mean scary word again, the apology then becomes pointless.

But any way, it doesn't stop Elon being a hypocrit does it. Just because he apologised for the pedo comment, he continues that sort of careless tweeting behaviour, while saying people should not be careless by calling others a term that has yet been proven though perfectly fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom