The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's little better than Alex Jones at this point. He's way down the rabbit hole, he would have been better off quoting Alice Through The Looking Glass rather than the Princess Bride. His actual achievements are being tarnished by his insane behaviour on Twitter.

So he's not the richest man on Earth then and its actually all meaningless as its just paper wealth. How do you square that with your defence of Elon when you claim that we "hate" him because he's the richest man on Earth? Seems to be some cognitive dissonance going on here.

I mean, do you think you're making me look stupid here? My point applies to every billionaire, not just Elon. I think your confusion comes from the word "rich", when really we're just talking about someone's combined net worth which is inclusive of mostly stocks and shares, these naturally fluctuate in value because they're essentially just a commodity that is speculated on.

I mean, do you think you're making me look stupid here
You've posted in this thread many many times, everyone knows who you are, I'd say grim doesn't have to do that for you, but he's allowed to have fun isn't he, given free speech and all? Or are you going to report the posts to get them removed too like you do with other posts that are too mean to you?

On an unrelated note :p

qFceLK4.webp

Last edited:

Just watching this interview, largely about Tesla, some very interesting stuff on full automation.

Edit: This is a 1 hour interview with excellent questions, people would learn a lot from watching it which is why most people who visit this thread won't do that.

Last edited:
I stumbled onto some live interview last night he was giving on TikTok, i was in it with about 4000 other people felt like a teams meeting lol. I clicked the icon to raise my hand to ask a question but they never got round to me.

I mean, do you think you're making me look stupid here? My point applies to every billionaire, not just Elon. I think your confusion comes from the word "rich", when really we're just talking about someone's combined net worth which is inclusive of mostly stocks and shares, these naturally fluctuate in value because they're essentially just a commodity that is speculated on.

You literally just said his wealth is imaginary, yet have tried to use the fact that he is wealthy as some sort of point in his favour/against those that criticise him.

This is everyone's real issue, they're just angry because he has too much money.

You cannot have it both ways. Is he wealthy and has a lot of money, or is it imaginary?

Last edited:
You literally just said his wealth is imaginary, yet have tried to use the fact that he is wealthy as some sort of point in his favour/against those that criticise him.

You cannot have it both ways. Is he wealthy and has a lot of money, or is it imaginary?

He both has a lot of money and is one of the worlds richest people, yet a large amount of this is simply on paper, though this doesn't take away from the fact that he is one of the worlds richest/wealthiest people because that is the case for everyone. I'm not sure I can write this in a more simple form.

I'd suggest though that your energy could be put into more useful endeavours than trying to find some loophole in my posts that makes me a hypocrite, if indeed you still struggle with your day to day motivation.

A billionaires wealth isn't sitting in a bank account as cash, its sitting in assets, stock and shares.

Their bank accounts will no doubt be bulging but you pay tax on that, billionaires don't like to pay tax so their wealth is in places the tax man cant reach.

Last edited:
A billionaires wealth isn't sitting in a bank account as cash, its sitting in assets, stock and shares.

Their bank accounts will no doubt be bulging but you pay tax on that, billionaires don't like to pay tax so their wealth is in places the tax man cant reach.

Old money typically yes.

The tech billionaires are typically only billionaries based on the fortune of "their" business. I am sure that changes somewhat over time, but Musk, Gates, Bezos etc typically had a very high percentage of their wealth tied to the fortunes of the companies they led.

There was a bit of a meltdown when Musk did sell shares as it did impact the price and he promised (again) not to sell any more for some time.

It's a shame that this isn't a thread where people discuss what insightful things he said in the interview I shared because that would be far more interesting than any of this dross.

Just watching this interview, largely about Tesla, some very interesting stuff on full automation.

It's a shame that this isn't a thread where people discuss what insightful things he said in the interview I shared because that would be far more interesting than any of this dross.
Like this Tesla thread in the Motors forum?

Like this Tesla thread in the Motors forum?

Probably not, the start was about Tesla but he covered quite a lot. Essentially though if you're posting about Elon Musk in here but you aren't watching his interviews then your opinion is generally going to be pretty uninformed.

Last edited:

You are assuming that people in here think has an ounce of credibility left after the **** he keeps posting on Twitter.

He is clearly either a massive childish troll, or an idiot.

Neither of which is good.

Last edited:

Guys, don't forget how we got down to this "dross".

Someone literally shared an article that was about Elon.

Roar wanted to dismiss it, not talk about Elon, and bend himself over trying to pretend that negative story about Elon was nothing and not to be discussed.

This is the article about Elon..

Elon breaks Guinness world record to become the biggest Loser in history

This is the start roar trying to once again, defend the poor guy, and that exact moment the "dross" started.

He lost nothing though, it's imaginary wealth because it only existed on paper. These click bait news stories are as dumb as the people who share them

From then on, it's once again been just people laughing at Roar trying to continue to defend Elon.

We can continue talking about Elon roar, but the more interesting article for everyone here was the one where Elon made the guiness book of records for most money lost, in part thanks to his monumental failure that has been his purchase of twitter.

That is joyful, and naturally so for people that aren't billionaires.

What's super sad, is that you don't join in on the fun, but instead, become part of what makes up laugh more.

Elon made basic school boy errors the minute he opened his mouth with twitter, and it's partly what's cost him 200 billion in wealth.

How is that not funny? Why does that need defending to the end that you do it.

Hmm what does the expert on extremists have to say....

Maybe Elon should stick to cars and rockets and leave his idiotic thoughts on this in his own head.

He should have, but he fell for some of his own not PR, PR BS.
Some time before he bought twitter someone tweeted him he should buy it to make it a free speech platform and he replied with maybe I should.
I think the writing was on the wall from that moment.
Was a matter of time until his ego won out and he thought he would be able to sweep in and fix a complicated set of conflicting interests and issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom