The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, "expert" from the Anti-Defamation League hits out when Elon says bad thing about George Soros xD

He looks like he was dug up in my local allotment but that's an aside

He is talking about the Texas Mall shooter and his Nazi/white supremacist beliefs, something Elon doesn't believe. And yes you would expect the Anti Defamation League to know all about extremist views as that is their area of study.

Well, you'd know about that if you watched the interview I linked

This was your reply to my post. I'm not seeing any link to a video. The tweet I posted was about the Texas mall shooter and Elon's view that its a false flag. Do you think its a false flag?

Ah, "expert" from the Anti-Defamation League hits out when Elon says bad thing about George Soros xD

He looks like he was dug up in my local allotment but that's an aside

Hmm what does the expert on extremists have to say....

Maybe Elon should stick to cars and rockets and leave his idiotic thoughts on this in his own head.

He looks like he is about to lose the plot when asked about the Texas shooter but realised where he was. I get the feeling he likes to shout at people.

Is he denying the tatoos just because it came from a russian website? Very strange behaviour.

He's denying it because he's a troll, that's the extent of his belief system.
I think what someone said earlier. Controversy makes clicks. Clicks = more adverts served and a better result. Imagine just sending a tweet and you see a spike of activity and a few hundred thousand extra earning from adverts.

Would be hard not to want to do it more.

I think what someone said earlier. Controversy makes clicks. Clicks = more adverts served and a better result. Imagine just sending a tweet and you see a spike of activity and a few hundred thousand extra earning from adverts.

Would be hard not to want to do it more.
The problem with that method is that you need to be somewhat discerning in your trolling and clickbait, at least if you want advertisers that actually pay a reasonable amount and are there for the long term.

A lot of sites and services that rely on clickbait find that line is quite hard to maintain and end up losing the better paying advertisers, and even in some cases the mid range ones.

Could you show us the Elon Tweet you're referencing?

You're going to make me trawl back through his tweet replies to the thread that calls it a false flag? Its mentioned in the interview.

In the interview I linked he says he doesn't believe the guy is a Nazi/white supremacist and questions the social media account he had on a Russian site. The Texas police have confirmed his tattoos and that he had lots of Nazi/white supremacist materials at his home. Bellingcat isn't a psyops group as Elon insists it is, its an investigative journalist organisation that has done amazing work uncovering Russia operations in the past.

So was it a false flag as Elon claims? He is implying the social media account was created by Bellingcat.

You're going to make me trawl back through his tweet replies to the thread that calls it a false flag? Its mentioned in the interview.

In the interview I linked he says he doesn't believe the guy is a Nazi/white supremacist and questions the social media account he had on a Russian site. The Texas police have confirmed his tattoos and that he had lots of Nazi/white supremacist materials at his home. Bellingcat isn't a psyops group as Elon insists it is, its an investigative journalist organisation that has done amazing work uncovering Russia operations in the past.

So was it a false flag as Elon claims? He is implying the social media account was created by Bellingcat.

I don't think Elon says its a false flag, he's questioning the source being a Russian social media profile, which is rather unusual. Maybe you should be more precise with your language because saying he claimed something he didn't simply comes across as being disingenuous. I've read that thread on twitter below the ADL guy and a lot of people are saying that guy held all sorts of crazy beliefs, yet we seem keen to simply go with the white supremacy line. It's all very politicised.

It's just so very weird

Last edited:
I don't think Elon says its a false flag, he's questioning the source being a Russian social media profile, which is rather unusual. Maybe you should be more precise with your language because saying he claimed something he didn't simply comes across as being disingenuous. I've read that thread on twitter below the ADL guy and a lot of people are saying that guy held all sorts of crazy beliefs, yet we seem keen to simply go with the white supremacy line. It's all very politicised.

It's just so very weird

Roar if Bellingcat or some other agency created the social media page in advance then it is obviously a false flag event. His description of Bellingcat is simply wrong, StriderX is most likely right in that Elon doesn't like that they dig into regimes around the world, some of which fund Elon.

It might be unusual but in some ways it makes sense, he wasn't trying to gain attention before he carried out his attack, he was just leaving his thoughts and ideas for after it was done, as his YT video scheduled to be published after the event showed. If he had made that account on more mainstream sites it would have either been taken down or gained followers/attention.

No one is saying the actual shooting was carried out as part of a white supremacist action, the motive is unknown. What is being said is that the guy is clearly a Nazi and white supremacist and they are prone to extreme violence due to their twisted ideology.

Elon just doesn't seem to care that speech comes with consequences and when you have as much reach as he does the consequences are magnified. Like with his Tweet that Nancy Pelosi's husband was in a consenting homosexual act that went bad when the complete opposite was true. The man for all his brains is a ****** idiot, he will say what he wants with no thought to the consequences of his speech. He isn't helping heal America, he's throwing petrol on the fire for clicks and attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom