The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended
I'm not sure why you seem to think "well, he's paying them now even if he wasn't before" reflects at all well on the Musk regime at Twitter, but hey ho - mine not to reason why, an' all that.
I'm not sure how you seem to think a strawman is at all relevant, but hey ho - mine not to reason why, an' all that.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I'm not sure how you seem to think a strawman is at all relevant, but hey ho - mine not to reason why, an' all that.

:p

Seriously though - you agree that he wasn't paying Google for services rendered for at least a little while there, are you with Roar in seemingly thinking that this was okay?

Suspended
:p

Seriously though - you agree that he wasn't paying Google for services rendered for at least a little while there, are you with Roar in seemingly thinking that this was okay?
No it was idiotic, still not seeing why my opinion about twitter not paying Google for a few months is relevent to people continuing to claim they aren't paying now tho?

Soldato
I can see why you'd be upset that Elon the rich guy isn't paying the small independent company that is *checks notes* Google.. ?

If Elon is stiffing Google you can be damned sure he's stiffing far smaller companies that can't easily afford to be stiffed or the litigation to get their money out of Twitter. Surprise surprise you are defending your man not paying for services his company has recieved.

Soldato
One imagines stuff like this gets sorted out with compromises, the headlines are almost always bigger than the outcomes. It's not in Google's interest to deprive itself from the links to Twitter and vice versa.

Soldato
If Googles going to get revenue elsewhere/Mark maybe they don't care
Are the twitter cloud costs also disproportionately large versus facebook and other folks
- already been remarked that compositingcomposting display for a user uses various w/w servers, so possibly that's it's architectures achilles heal;

will threads avoids that problem - is Mark going to demand everyone logs in, I guess not, which can be one reason Musk u-turns.

Soldato
One imagines stuff like this gets sorted out with compromises, the headlines are almost always bigger than the outcomes. It's not in Google's interest to deprive itself from the links to Twitter and vice versa.

You say that but how about the idea that throttling the Twitter users is the compromise.

The compromise that could have come about by deciding not to pay bills. Words happen and Twitter is told to slash its non paying userbase and traffic in general or get their service degraded. Twitter puts up walls and completely unrelated, Google enforces its rules of ignoring walled content from its searches.

Soldato
If Elon is stiffing Google you can be damned sure he's stiffing far smaller companies that can't easily afford to be stiffed or the litigation to get their money out of Twitter. Surprise surprise you are defending your man not paying for services his company has recieved.

Do you think a company delaying payment to another company is a story unique to Elon Musk and Twitter? You realise this is only a story because news outlets know people like you lap it up and it's great for ad revenue? No one would give a **** if Apple or Google didn't pay some random supplier over some contract disagreement. Google has dodged billions in tax, yet because the left hate Elon Musk you're up in arms defending Google the tax dodger.

Commissario
Do you think a company delaying payment to another company is a story unique to Elon Musk and Twitter? You realise this is only a story because news outlets know people like you lap it up and it's great for ad revenue? No one would give a **** if Apple or Google didn't pay some random supplier over some contract disagreement. Google has dodged billions in tax, yet because the left hate Elon Musk you're up in arms defending Google the tax dodger.
There is delaying, and there is refusing to pay until the other company starts to cut you off.

There is also refusing to pay multiple companies in multiple countries and them having to start court action to try and get payment...

This isn't some company delaying payment for 30 days, it's an absolute refusal to pay on the agreed terms, and it's not just happening with the likes of the services they were getting from Google, it's everything from the landlords of the property Twitter is using* to the cleaners, and staff who were sacked without notice, or staff who agreed to leave under specific contractual terms.

Basically Musk appears to be utterly incapable of understanding what a contract it, or is incapable of understanding that you pay bills.

*How many offices has Musk's twitter been evicted from/being evicted from/facing court cases over payment of rent owed? IIRC it's pretty much every country where Twitter had an office has at least one case.

Last edited:
Soldato

There have been stories of him not paying suppliers all over the world. This isn't a contractual dispute, its him stiffing suppliers because he can and he's desperately trying to cut costs. We all saw him try and screw over Halli Thorleifsson live on Twitter, disparaging the guys character, accusing him of faking his disability. He only backed down when he found out how much it would cost him if he went through with it.

Google or any other large company dodging taxes is pure whataboutism. And there are plenty on the right that think Elon is a massive douche, its not just a left thing, besides I'm a centrist and so centrists can also think he's a massive douche.

Last edited:
I don't think this is deliberate from Musk, I think it just goes to demonstrate the gutting and how close to the edge he has taken twitter.

Lets face it he seems limited use from many people for areas that he isn't interested in. From Hr to payroll, to legal to treasury, to finance. Do you really think when he was mass culling the headcount he would have a clue, I mean any clue at all what work those people were doing and how critical they were to tesla functioning?

I honestly think its simply the sign of a company that is now facing what happens when you wreck the departments that work to keep the company functioning.

I wonder if his next large issue could be in regards taxes and filing accounts in the US. He went private so he delayed that significantly in some cases.

Soldato
There is delaying, and there is refusing to pay until the other company starts to cut you off.

There is also refusing to pay multiple companies in multiple countries and them having to start court action to try and get payment...

This isn't some company delaying payment for 30 days, it's an absolute refusal to pay on the agreed terms, and it's not just happening with the likes of the services they were getting from Google, it's everything from the landlords of the property Twitter is using* to the cleaners, and staff who were sacked without notice, or staff who agreed to leave under specific contractual terms.

Basically Musk appears to be utterly incapable of understanding what a contract it, or is incapable of understanding that you pay bills.

*How many offices has Musk's twitter been evicted from/being evicted from/facing court cases over payment of rent owed? IIRC it's pretty much every country where Twitter had an office has at least one case.

I'd imagine Elon is dealing with the terrible contracts the previous administration signed by playing hardball. Sometimes this is necessary in business when people refuse to budge on unfair terms. Elon probably took a look at the contracts, laughed at how outrageous they were, and just said don't pay them until they agree to negotiate. This is the type of person you want in charge when times are hard at a company, which they are.

Suspended
I'd imagine....
I've cut out the bits that are complete conjecture.

Simp simp simp simp simp.

But If I have a contract with a company, like Twitter, which helps pay me, my staff wages, bills etc and they get a new billionaire boss who suddenly says "**** you, we demand better terms" and refuses to pay up, I just wouldn't know where to start.

Companies like Google can take it, but smaller companies would be absolutely shafted.

That's not a strong leader, that's someone who ***** over everyone because he's entitled and doesn't have to worry about money/lawsuits etc.

Last edited:
Suspended
Facebook's alternative is going to bury Twitter at this rate. Does anyone think Twitter can honestly win?
I thought Facebook was bad? What with their misinformation spreading and numerous fines for selling personal data, I suppose they are the good guys again because they aren't musk?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've cut out the bits that are complete conjecture.

Simp simp simp simp simp.

But If I have a contract with a company, like Twitter, which helps pay me, my staff wages, bills etc and they get a new billionaire boss who suddenly says "**** you, we demand better terms" and refuses to pay up, I just wouldn't know where to start.

Companies like Google can take it, but smaller companies would be absolutely shafted.

That's not a strong leader, that's someone who ***** over everyone because he's entitled and doesn't have to worry about money/lawsuits etc.

The boss of Google is also a billionaire lol. Who is it you're sticking up for? Google shafts the UK tax payer, so that's everyone in this thread, plus all our public services.

This whole thread is hilarious. Some what intelligent people finding every reason they can to hate on a guy and pretending it's not political

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom