The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Has Meta launched anything successful since Facebook? I mean, they own a bunch of successful products but it was all acquired rather than developed by the company. Meanwhile stuff like the Metaverse were so obviously doomed from the start, you have to doubt the judgement of the people in charge. Maybe Threads can challenge Twitter, and maybe launching it off Instagram will give it the starting weight it needs to snowball but... I dunno, I doubt it.

Twitter is spiralling, but that doesn't mean that Threads is going to take its place. None of the heirs-to-be are looking all that likely to hit the big time right now.

Instagram is pretty successful.

Mobster
Soldato
Has Meta launched anything successful since Facebook? I mean, they own a bunch of successful products but it was all acquired rather than developed by the company. Meanwhile stuff like the Metaverse were so obviously doomed from the start, you have to doubt the judgement of the people in charge. Maybe Threads can challenge Twitter, and maybe launching it off Instagram will give it the starting weight it needs to snowball but... I dunno, I doubt it.

Twitter is spiralling, but that doesn't mean that Threads is going to take its place. None of the heirs-to-be are looking all that likely to hit the big time right now.

WhatsApp and Instagram were bought very early on and undoubtedly have become successful since being bought. Actually I’d say Facebook itself is on the way out.

Last edited:
I struggle to understand that the world's richest man has never had to understand a contract before.

Were you paying attention when Musk was taken to court to have to buy twitter?

It is worth noting that prior to Musk Twitter was sometimes making a profit, and it's worse loss was only a third of what it was the instant Musk took over, it was also more stable as a platform, had few legal issues, and had a source of income that was reasonably reliable

And add to that, twitter was reliable. It had a clear future cemented in its place, that couldn't be dethroned unless it dethroned itself. Twitter was super secure only just 1 year ago. Now it is not all due to elon

Man of Honour

A lot of Twitter stuff has reappeared on Google - not sure if temporary or what.

It's like, he's explained the issue with AI scraping Twitter and effectively DDOS'ing the servers, yet it's like none of you have read and understood it

Nah sorry but that is Elon BS - other sites have the same kind of thing to contend with and don't resort to these kind of measures as a way to remedy it temporary or longer term. No one was reporting any issues with Twitter performance before this blew up either albeit it might have been due to them having to scale the backend at a cost to compensate. Widespread problems with the site reliability only appeared after they put "mitigations" in place :s

For example:

Last edited:
It's like, he's explained the issue with AI scraping Twitter and effectively DDOS'ing the servers, yet it's like none of you have read and understood it
Lol roar. For a while I thought you had taken a step back from the simping, but I guess Elon's failures weren't as big as this one, so in reality you just didn't need to simp as hard, but here we are. Thanks for the lols I guess.

I like how roar is trying to excuse the recent issues as obvious unavoidable solutions to a different problem.

Imagine going to get your car fixed, and they take off the tyres. You moan because you car isn't usable, and then roar turns up and says "it's like, you don't realise the garage is trying to reduce their carbon footprint so by making it impossible for you to drive, they have saved the planet"

Caporegime

IT guys on Twitter have pointed out that his explanation is not credible. He's just scrambling for excuses because he's broken Twitter again and can't figure out how to fix it.

Soldato
IT guys on Twitter have pointed out that his explanation is not credible. He's just scrambling for excuses because he's broken Twitter again and can't figure out how to fix it.

Twitter works perfectly for me just like it has done every day

I don't think Elon is sat doing the coding at Twitter though, seems he's been doing other things.

Guy on the left is John Danaher, one of the best BJJ coaches in the world.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Instagram is pretty successful.

WhatsApp and Instagram were bought very early on

Instagram and (especially) WhatsApp were both bought after they were already successful. WhatsApp moreso than Instagram but they were sold for $19.3bn and $1bn respectively, and both had many millions of users when acquired. Both have continued to grow under Meta/Facebook and Instagram, in particular, is much larger than when acquired.

Soldato
Twitter works perfectly for me just like it has done every day

I don't think Elon is sat doing the coding at Twitter though, seems he's been doing other things.

Guy on the left is John Danaher, one of the best BJJ coaches in the world.

Jesus man you have no self respect. Cult like worship for anything/anyone is not healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom