The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the point you think you are making? You try to paint Musk as some sort of white knight yet ignore the things he does that make him a doofus.

You haven't mentioned anything so far except made some vague accusations of him being nice to the Saudis, I'm not sure why he wouldn't be nice to them though, he's a business man not a Politician - he hasn't promised not to do anything with the Saudis

To be honest there's nothing actually wrong with calling an organised religion any of those things, but that's part of the problem I suppose.

I hope the 'freedom' fighters realise someday that they're the reason laws are being made to effectively criminalise blasphemy.

Another bizarro move to make Twitter a bit ****er.

Hold on I cant see twitter when signed out, mainly as I dont have an account. So not sure how that works.

It must kill Musk everytime someone says X formerly known as Twitter.

Last edited:
If I click on a link it just shows the one tweet.
If I click on a link here, e.g what @Sankari posted:

It takes me to a login page. Choosing not to log in takes you to twitter.com

If I change it slightly to

I can see a single Tweet. That's expected as the numbers after status are a message ID.

If I go to a user's "feed", e.g.

I now see a list of their Tweets from years ago, instead of their most recent Tweets. It's completely useless.

Wannabe influencers are beginning to learn that Musk's monetisation algorithm loves to play favourites.

Musk often draws attention to several big accounts and makes sure people know the huge sums they're earning, but when other accounts of similar size achieve the same level of engagement, they're paid pennies.

This is even happening with large conservative accounts that enjoy massive engagement.

441 million impressions, and Jackson can't even break $2k. But this other dude gets $2,500 with 155 million impressions.

:p

Last edited:
Wannabe influencers are beginning to learn that Musk's monetisation algorithm loves to play favourites.

Musk often draws attention to several big accounts and makes sure people know the huge sums they're earning, but when other accounts of similar size achieve the same level of engagement, they're paid pennies.

This is even happening with large conservative accounts that enjoy massive engagement.

441 million impressions, and Jackson can't even break $2k. But this other dude gets $2,500 with 155 million impressions.

:p

Surely the "favourites" is more that the advertisers prefer the content that the other accounts post, and so bid more for it.

YouTube is the same. Different content earns different revenue for the same views.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom