The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this what people say roars personal attacks are?

Derailed a thread? He literally just opposed a view and then got accused of attacking.

Someone says you look stupid, roar then says people shouldn't be worried about what people think of you (in context of what social media you use) and is accused of attacking and derailing. What twilight zone is this.

Because i'm not a **** @Roar87. Common sense suggests if you, @Roar87, go giving it the biggens in your size sevens and (hypocritically) throw insults/attacks around, then expect them to get served back to you. Just imagine, if didn't try to look like billy big ******** a few post back with your snide remark, then we wouldn't be here :)

Well played for derailing a thread though @Roar87...

S44Bj.gif

There were no snide remarks, I said I wasn't personally attacking you. I know you know me, but honestly I hardly know or care who you are, that's not a dig - it's just to illustrate the fact I wouldn't take my time out to personally attack you lol

06d11349-2bea-46ec-89af-94a8516eabdc_text.gif

I was thinking the same.

Are members just losing the ability to comprehend or find disagreement with their viewpoint a 'personal attack'?

There are cliques on here that have chosen a side and will go after certain posters no matter what they've posted. They also have to defend those on "their side" against anything that looks like a W for the other.

I'm guilty of this myself, but it certainly seems to be getting worse.

He literally just opposed a view and then got accused of attacking.

Someone says you look stupid, roar then says people shouldn't be worried about what people think of you (in context of what social media you use) and is accused of attacking and derailing. What twilight zone is this.

I commented that it wouldn't be a bad thing if some of the younger generation did care what others thought given their interactions with the internet and social media. @Roar87 came back with -
I'm talking about hiding things you enjoy doing and your interests...

Ok...fine, but then -
...like you're still trying to look cool in front of other people

:confused:

I'm guilty of this myself, but it certainly seems to be getting worse.
I think the mods have enabled the behaviour to a cetain degree, they seem to let a fair few people constantly throw around personal insults with little to no recourse. Not helped some people seemingly being extremely thinned skin and see opposition to a post as a reason to 'attack'.

I commented that it wouldn't be a bad thing if some of the younger generation did care what others thought given their interactions with the internet and social media. @Roar87 came back with -

Ok...fine, but then -

:confused:

I seen what was posted, you don't need to quote it?

Roar disagreed with it, doesn't mean it's an attack.

Also what's with users deleting some of the quote to try and make it look worse. Out of context it's still not anywhere close to an insult. He's clearly generalising, not attacking.

Calm down mate, jumping on the roar bandwagon won't make you new friends.

Imagine yourself for a moment in a conversation with a another person, "hey...I pay monthly to use X".....just..just think about how stupid that makes you look lol.
Imaging telling someone you browse/use X, how embarrassing

In real life no one admits to using X, because they know how lame duck it makes them look, all their co-workers, friends and family will instantly look down upon them

I literally don't recognise this at all, if you spend most of your time on the highly politicised stuff then maybe. But i think for a lot of people that don't use it for politics, the platform is generally fine. Financial twitter is very well behaved even if there are too many crypto bots, football twitter is even pretty good.

I literally don't recognise this at all, if you spend most of your time on the highly politicised stuff then maybe. But i think for a lot of people that don't use it for politics, the platform is generally fine. Financial twitter is very well behaved even if there are too many crypto bots, football twitter is even pretty good.
I would say the personal relfection is the stupidity of a person actually paying for a social media site, where if you sign in you have already payed them.

Yes, that was actually said in a general sense, not directed at you, which is why I clarified afterwards that it wasn't a personal attack directed at you. ******* hell.
Happy to hold my hands up and apologies if it genuinely wasn't a remark aimed at me but, it's easy to construed it as one given the grammar and structure.

Either way, i'll show myself out...

I would say the personal relfection is the stupidity of a person actually paying for a social media site, where if you sign in you have already payed them.

You haven't payed them though, if that's the case then you're paying this forum. T&C's aren't that much different i don't believe. It's basically the "we own your data" kinda theme.
But anyway, the view that everyone thinks using Twitter is some sort of highly embarrassing action is very far off the mark. The majority of people using Twitter away from the politicised stuff have a generally decent experience. Its a very useful platform.

Last edited:
See this is my issue with Musk.

Its an ego/god complex thing. He clearly thinks out loud in some regards.
But rather than saying good point when someone points out an issue he doubles down and lies.

I dont get it. hes clearly intelligent, I used to think he was kinda cool in a geek type way, but since Twitter (sorry X) he comes across as more and more out of touch every time he has a new idea.
Probably doesnt help that when you do follow one of hsi tweets its wall to wall people saying "OMG Elon such a good idea"
I assume thinking hes going to follow them or give them a free tesla or something.

Is this what people say roars personal attacks are?

Derailed a thread? He literally just opposed a view and then got accused of attacking.

Lol

Congratulations you win. You've one of the lucky few who can now participate in this once in a life time trial. Sign right up

BBC News - Musk start-up Neuralink seeks people for brain-implant trial

Person : OMG cannot have the COVID vaccine, Gates microchips!!!111!!1
Same person a little later : Musk wants to insert a chip in my brain!!!111! where do I sign up?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom