The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and Musk himself even said it was a really dumb thing to do. So he's obviously more aware than people give him credit for.

That's retrospective isn't it, (hindsight 20/20 once **** hits the fan) and in response to external corrections. He might roll with it once realisation dawns which is what you are describing here. The only other option is to defiantly deny reality and that doesn't tend to do too well short/longterm.

Obviously you don't as your posting on here. When he said it, he clarified that ultimately the public will be the judge, and he is right on that. If your one of those that thinks he's obviously an anti-Semite because of 1 post on X then maybe it's time to unplug yourself from the internet and touch grass.
Twitter is not essential to society and like any other social media (facebook seems to have avoided this fate for the moment, but it's popularity is falling) will eventually die as people move on as they've always done, so what possible incentive is there to get angry over it's funding drying up?

It's certainly essential to Musk's image though which is why he's exaggerating it's functional worth.

Last edited:
When he said it, he clarified that ultimately the public will be the judge, and he is right on that.

So what? How does that make his claim less stupid and lacking in self-awareness?

If your one of those that thinks he's obviously an anti-Semite because of 1 post on X then maybe it's time to unplug yourself from the internet and touch grass.

I don't think he's an anti-Semite; I think he's an edge lord, who is in the process of descending into the alt-Right conspiracy sphere. I do think it shows an immense lack of judgement for the head of a major company to be boosting anti-Semitic, racist, conspiracy theories on the platform that he runs.

I don't think he's an anti-Semite; I think he's an edge lord, who is in the process of descending into the alt-Right conspiracy sphere. I do think it shows an immense lack of judgement for the head of a major company to be boosting anti-Semitic, racist, conspiracy theories on the platform that he runs.
It is just so crass. How anybody defends this (him) is beyond me.

Last edited:
Twitter is not essential to society and like any other social media (facebook seems to have avoided this fate for the moment, but it's popularity is falling) will eventually die as people move on as they've always done, so what possible incentive is there to get angry over it's funding drying up?

It's certainly essential to Musk's image though which is why he's exaggerating it's functional worth.

Facebooks popularity seems to be increasing?

Another man-child meltdown. The right loves their entitled babies though.

I can imagine the concept of not doing as you're told must be alien to a lot of you. Agreeableness is a personality trait that some people rank highly in and others don't. Being high in Agreeableness isn't always a good thing.

Says the one who always agrees with Elon :cry:

Despite the fact that according to 90% of people in this thread I shouldn't. It doesn't surprise me that so many of you are baffled why Elon won't just do as he's told, why he'll tell advertisers to go **** themselves; it doesn't make sense to you. Yet this is also the reason he's so successful.

Last edited:
Despite the fact that according to 90% of people in this thread I shouldn't. It doesn't surprise me that so many of you are baffled why Elon won't just do as he's told, why he'll tell advertisers to go **** themselves; it doesn't make sense to you. Yet this is also the reason he's so successful.

So basically, free speech means he can say what he wants. However, it doesn’t mean you can say what you want about him, or make business decisions based around his behaviour/what he does? If you do that, it is blackmail and censorship and anti free speech. Is that about right?

So basically, free speech means he can say what he wants. However, it doesn’t mean you can say what you want about him, or make business decisions based around his behaviour/what he does? If you do that, it is blackmail and censorship and anti free speech. Is that about right?

Are you arguing with yourself? Has anyone said advertisers are forced to pay Twitter? Do you think you've got some little catch 22 about free speech? There's zero logic in your post. Also this a post you haven't even thought of yourself, you saw someone else express this opinion and repeated it because you don't have any original thoughts or arguments of your own. You copy and paste your views.

Last edited:
It does make sense, he's going through a mid life crisis or he's just a petulant man baby who absolutely must have his own way

As for his success, what has he actually achieved since taking over Twitter apart from showing the world what type of person he really is ?

That's very true, everything he touches turns to **** - or blows up!

:cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom