The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delete it. Then create a new one, and don't post anything. :)

I'm literally a Twitter lurker.

I don't feel that it's a safe place to engage with in an honest manner.
Forums are a far better place for engagement imo than any other social media site. Perhaps it's the simple flow, or the fact that the users in this site are usually fairly regular and you get to know a little about which user is which helps make the engagement a little better.

I feel like if you had a conversation/argument with someone in twitter, you'd likely never see that person again.

Twitter is amazing for speedy breaking news/short clips for vip to get their content out but that's about it imo.

Twitter is amazing for speedy breaking news/short clips for vip to get their content out but that's about it imo
what news gets broken faster on twitter than just periodic(more efficient?) listening to a news channels headlines like bbc -
equally, what vip would I follow -
radio had an interview with, unknown to me, dart player luke littler this am - whose measure of success was number of parasocials reading his posts on X.

to the degree that social media/4g works for those poor folks in Gaza / Ukraines I can see it could be life and death but otherwise instant news update isn't needed.

equally, what vip would I follow

Trump or even Elon would be a perfect example. If you like them, how else would you get more updates from them in such an efficient way?

what news gets broken faster on twitter than just periodic(more efficient?) listening to a news channels headlines like bbc

True to some degree, though the breaking news that breaks on BBC and other news sites is then efficiently posted on twitter with links to the stories. Rather than have all these different apps, you can follow the news stations on Twitter and get their tweets, and then in addition, comments, replies etc on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom