• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Ti Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
LOL yes, of course they are.
The people buying these things are wayyyy too busy to respond LOL
ROFL
Also LOL

Most gamers use cards like the 1070 Ti or lower, they don't hang around forums like this one.

You do also realise that Gibbo sells at least 100 cards compared to every card mentioned on this forum.

I am a genuine hardware enthusiast and that means finding all GPUs interesting not just the boring 1080 Ti and Titan Xp, I like and own things like the 1060 and RX480.

Soldato
They are probably selling very well, the problem with this forum is the members are more interested in the high end cards like the 1080 Ti.
I'm not so sure, when Vega launched many here said it was performance a year late to the party, and whilst this was sort of true it did offer a upgrade for freesync users, now with the 1070ti it's sort of the same, Nvidia have just released a card with performance that has already been available for some time and gsync users would probably already gone for a 1070/1080.
Mabe it's me but I don't see the point of the 1070ti.

Associate
I'm not so sure, when Vega launched many here said it was performance a year late to the party, and whilst this was sort of true it did offer a upgrade for freesync users, now with the 1070ti it's sort of the same, Nvidia have just released a card with performance that has already been available for some time and gsync users would probably already gone for a 1070/1080.
Mabe it's me but I don't see the point of the 1070ti.
Nvidia want to beat AMD at every price bracket. The VEGA 56 was beating the 1070, so they had to release a better card (1070ti) in that bracket to beat the 56.

Soldato
Nvidia want to beat AMD at every price bracket. The VEGA 56 was beating the 1070, so they had to release a better card (1070ti) in that bracket to beat the 56.
Problem is it still a case of swings and roundabouts with the ti vs 56 and if the ti was any faster then it would compete with the 1080 it's a bit of a odd situation as with a bit of tweaking the 56 is up with the 64.
Not sure what to make it all really

Permabanned
Most gamers use cards like the 1070 Ti or lower, they don't hang around forums like this one.

You do also realise that Gibbo sells at least 100 cards compared to every card mentioned on this forum.

I am a genuine hardware enthusiast and that means finding all GPUs interesting not just the boring 1080 Ti and Titan Xp, I like and own things like the 1060 and RX480.

Yep, keep telling it brother. It bothers me less than you, I just find it funny.

Associate
Well I've just bought the Palit 1070ti Dual... No idea if it's any good, as only review I found was for the jet stream and super jet stream. Coming from a microserver gen 8 with a 1050ti to a hex core xeon and 1070ti I'm sure it will feel light years faster!

Associate
Yeah I can't wait! Just got to find a case that's not humongous now, plenty of time to find one before the rest of my build parts arrive. Depending on what sort of clock I get out of the x5650 hopefully it won't bottleneck the gpu.

Man of Honour
I just bought the MSI 1070 Ti Gaming. I was after something quiet and that's certainly it. Looping benchmarks at full load, the temp crept up to 66C and the fans whispered it gently back down to 65C. Barely audible. So I put a 200/200 overclock on it at stock volts and...the same. Still kept at 65C, still the same extremely low fan noise. I was getting slight coil whine at ~160fps, but it went away above ~200fps. I've no idea how far it would overclock and it doesn't matter. Maybe I could get another 5% on top, but I'd never notice unless I was benchmarking.

Man of Honour
OP
I just bought the MSI 1070 Ti Gaming. I was after something quiet and that's certainly it. Looping benchmarks at full load, the temp crept up to 66C and the fans whispered it gently back down to 65C. Barely audible. So I put a 200/200 overclock on it at stock volts and...the same. Still kept at 65C, still the same extremely low fan noise. I was getting slight coil whine at ~160fps, but it went away above ~200fps. I've no idea how far it would overclock and it doesn't matter. Maybe I could get another 5% on top, but I'd never notice unless I was benchmarking.

I also picked up one of the MSI 1070 ti Gaming cards while it was reduced - very impressed by the performance, and as Angilion says it's so quiet, something that's very important to me.

Any chance of pics for TROH.:)

Back
Top Bottom