• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Ti Owners Thread

Man of Honour
Thanks i - i'll wind my voltage down a bit then. Currently at +30 then everything else the same as yours.

Is there a benchmark thread going on anywhere?

I had Heaven still installed and still on the settings for the benchmark thread here, so I gave that a run:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/unigine-heaven-4-benchmark.18487976/

Currently 61st, edging out a couple of overclocked 1080s.

My settings were +225 GPU, +450 in Afterburner (which I'm pretty sure is actually +225) VRAM, stock volts, 133% power limit.

I left the fan at stock auto, since that resulted in a 43% fan speed and 69C.

The card is power throttling at those settings, so I think that's pretty much max at stock volts.

Memory was fine at +500 (+250) and would probably go higher, but I wasn't getting a higher score with that. I'm assuming it just increased power throttling.

I think the only ways to higher scores are:

1) Independently powered cooling, which would give at most marginal gains since the fans don't use much power.
2) Undervolting to reduce power consumption and thus throttling, which might gain nothing since it would probably require lower clocks to be stable.
3) A different PCB and BIOS to have an additional power connector and use it.

(2) could be tried, as far as I know, because Afterburner allows you to edit the voltage/clock speed curve. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it works.

Man of Honour
I get 2755 which is 77th with a sustained 2012Mhz core.

Angilion you have most definitely won the silicon lottery with your card mate.

Yes, but it doesn't matter. Your framerate on that benchmark is 4.5% lower than mine. What difference does 4.5% make in a game? I'd be surprised if there's as much as a 10% performance difference in max overclock between 1070 Ti cards, especially with the same cooler. Benchmarking is now just a game for a marginal difference in scores. It appeals to my nostalgia for arcade games of my youth by reminding me of Donkey Kong ("How high can you get?") more than being of any use. Partly because modern graphics cards have dynamic overclocking as standard, of course. It's not like the past, where there could be significant differences.

I'm running it at stock because there isn't that much difference in performance between stock and max overclock. Stock boosts to 1911 anyway, which is plenty for a 1070 Ti.

Although I am tempted to try undervolting it to see if I can score over 2900. Donkey Kong once more.

Associate
Palit GTX 1070 Ti, managed to get it for MSRP:

GTX_1070_Ti.jpg

GTX_1070_Ti_Fitted.jpg

Fitted to 2nd rig as "should" be moving job down south for a bit and don't want to drag the main rig down.

Man of Honour
OP
Palit GTX 1070 Ti, managed to get it for MSRP:

GTX_1070_Ti.jpg

GTX_1070_Ti_Fitted.jpg

Fitted to 2nd rig as "should" be moving job down south for a bit and don't want to drag the main rig down.

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Cc5mddu.png

Date 16/12/2017, Make Palit Dual, CEUOTC, Link
Date 03/12/2017, Make MSI Gaming, El Jimben, Link
Date 03/12/2017, Make MSI Gaming, Mr Paul, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your GTX 1070 Ti.

Back
Top Bottom