• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
which GTX 1080ti models should I be looking at when shopping?

I rarely OC any of my devices anymore with my failed 4670k overclock (stability issues).

I have a 4670k no OC, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Z87 mobo.. do i need to upgrade before I smash in a 1080ti?

I'm hoping to play old games in 4k 60fps (basically from dark souls 1 all the way to dark souls 3).

In my experience with overclocking the most trust worthy way I have found to test the CPU stability is 8 hrs of prime 95 small fft with error check and rounding turned on.

If your CPU can do that, then your 99.9% close to stability. And should be good.

Just find your max safe voltage and max safe temps and stay below those.

Job done. :D

Soldato
In my experience with overclocking the most trust worthy way I have found to test the CPU stability is 8 hrs of prime 95 small fft with error check and rounding turned on.

If your CPU can do that, then your 99.9% close to stability. And should be good.

Just find your max safe voltage and max safe temps and stay below those.

Job done. :D

Cba anymore with OC. Marginally improves performance and I did what you described and then got crashes playing.. Assasins Creed 1!

For the ammount of times the OC is useful versus the annoyance at having to reset my BIOs isn't worth it for me.

I know the irony given I'm posting this on an OC forum.

Soldato
Cba anymore with OC. Marginally improves performance and I did what you described and then got crashes playing.. Assasins Creed 1!

For the ammount of times the OC is useful versus the annoyance at having to reset my BIOs isn't worth it for me.

I know the irony given I'm posting this on an OC forum.

:p

I know how you feel I did the same too.

However it is possible to get stable. Do as I said above, and if you want notch it down a bit.

For example I had a 3570k that could do 4.5Ghz 99% of the time. But it did start falling over after about 9 months.

It was simply I was pushing the chip on the edge. Taking it down to 4.4ghz was the answer.

A 4670k will bottle neck the 1080ti a lot especially at stock.

My 3570k even at 4.4ghz was a bottle neck for my 970.

Back
Top Bottom