• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
Same here was waiting for evga classified to come out but no chance of that this time round,not sure what other brand to go for.or perhaps just keep the 980 ti until volta.anyone else seeing very few waterblocks for aftermarket gpus.only seen one for strix.

Zia

Phanteks have one for Gigabyte OC and EKWB Aorus block is being produced now .

Waterforce should be out soonish to I believe ;)

Soldato
I've just put my FE under water. It's the first FE card I've stripped down and I have to say the build quality is really excellent.

Here's a tip for anyone who intends to block a FE card; put this into Google and get it bought as it has everything you need to strip the FE cooler off: B00DXZ5PE0

Description: Deyard SG-455 Precision Screwdriver Set

My rig is definitely cooler and much quieter, but the card clocks the same due to power limit restrictions.

BcaBlgL.jpg

Soldato
Red or tan braided cables might have worked? Maybe tan would have been better... You're also sagging?

Yes, the cables are from a previous build. I prefer the braids as they are easier to work with (especially the CPU power cable), but the aesthetics aren't really bothering me which is why I won't bother dying the coolant either.

Yes to the sag too, the EK IO sheild is to blame but it's not doing any harm.

Soldato
@Kaapstad as posted above, I just installed the new EK 1080ti block. It's very good quality as expected, and the new terminal cover is a nice addition. So these blocks are already on sale from OcUK.

The instructions also show the terminal cover being swapped out for one with a LED cable, but I don't think they are available yet?

Also, the thermal pads are much improved with the ability to remove the film from both sides as opposed to just one side like recent 980ti blocks that I used.

74akyUL.jpg

OcUK Staff
Well today gives me great pleasure in saying we shipped our 500th Asus 1080Ti Strix OC today, they have done a fantastic job on 1080Ti, a vast improvement from the 1080 fiasco which to me is great when a company learns from its errors and fixes it. Not only have they shipped us the most, as a result they have sold the most.

Good work Asus! :)

Soldato
Well today gives me great pleasure in saying we shipped our 500th Asus 1080Ti Strix OC today, they have done a fantastic job on 1080Ti, a vast improvement from the 1080 fiasco which to me is great when a company learns from its errors and fixes it. Not only have they shipped us the most, as a result they have sold the most.

Good work Asus! :)

Great news for Asus. EVGA shambles continues. I'll be going Asus next series.

Associate
Great news for Asus. EVGA shambles continues. I'll be going Asus next series.
EVGA screwed the EU/ROW over again with the 1080Ti. But they did a half decent job in the US, sent a large shipment or two out to Newegg and B&H within 2 weeks of release. If they're going to prioritize the US so much they might as well just go local lmao, no point sending their GPU's out so late to the 3rd party retailers in the EU/ROW when other companies like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte have all beat them to it, they're losing a tonne of sales.

Back
Top Bottom