• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
I'm the same - still running my MSI Lightning 1080Ti - bloody great card and no intention of upgrading till prices come back down to earth - this card cost me £995 which at the time I thought was steep - but current card prices are insane!

Man of Honour
Still running my 1080Ti. Don’t game much on my PC, so it’ll probably last me until it stops working. The only PC game I’m keen to play upon completion is The Universim.

Soldato
I now have a perfect strix oc in its box in the loft. Should I sell it?

How long has it been in the loft for? Could've sold it 80% of it's original selling price 1-2 years ago! But yeah, my 1080 ti reference is still plodding along and still does well in the games I play (mostly old ones but still).

Soldato
How long has it been in the loft for? Could've sold it 80% of it's original selling price 1-2 years ago! But yeah, my 1080 ti reference is still plodding along and still does well in the games I play (mostly old ones but still).
A couple of weeks. I love it too much to let it go

Associate
I've been sorely tempted by a 3080 over the last year and a half, but I've managed to miss all of the FE drops. Meanwhile, my Aorus 1080 Ti is still going strong.

Caporegime
Still running a 1080ti, bought a Zotac amp extreme a while back (in this thread) then got an MSI 1080ti Lightning X B grade for £300(!) for SLI, the performance was epic but unfortunately so we’re the temperatures due to both being triple slot cards.

So the Zotac is now sitting in my nephews PC rocking Roblox @1080p :p and the MSI is my main card.

When / if prices get more sane I’m happily look up a two slot blower type card to go SLI again, whilst it’s dead in many respects, SLI still makes a huge difference with many of the titles I play, especially @4K.

Superb cards, I’ve no interest in RT so can’t see upgrading beyond a second for SLI as I say for a long time to come.

Associate
Imo the 980 Ti will always hold a special place in my heart. 6gb Vram at the time was incredible and for £500 and with an overclock showed massive gains unlike today where factory cards offer a 2% increase... 780 Ti & 1080 Ti also great cards..

Associate
I finally upgraded my whole system 13-14 months ago, was lucky enough to pick up a 6800XT for less than £700, so the 1080ti Strix went into semi-retirement. It's currently lazily sitting in my HTPC. Feel kinda bad about it, I probably should have sold it but I just can't let it go! Amazing card.

Back
Top Bottom