• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

one or two degree delta isnt to be sniffed at!

On that basis that's the difference between the best and the worst waterblocks anyway :P

Remember, depending on your waterloop having another degree or two delta can make a massive difference to the final temp of your core and vrms.

EK with backplate was 6 degree delta on vrm on 980ti

Aqua with backplate is only 3 degree with active backplate (4 degree with normal)

That's double the cooling performance. No idea what this might equate to in the difference in final vrm temps and will be dependant on your loop.

The downside is the core delta.

On the 980ti the ek block gives you a delta of 7.86 degrees and the aqua is only 8.97 degrees on the core.

The big question though, which is going to be better for bigger overclocks? Cooler core or cooler vrms?????

vrms are good for 120c+ so I say the core.

vrms are good for 120c+ so I say the core.

True but reading around people said better cooling on vrms on 980ti achieved better overclocks.

The core is good for 90C on Titan and any decent waterblock will keep it under 60C. Will the EK perhaps giving you 55C get you a better overclock? Perhaps not.

However, having your vrms at 60C instead of 90C may make a big difference despite both been well under the 120C limit.

No idea if that applies to Pascal though.

Im too impatient to wait for people to get theirs or reviews though :p

Mine arrived today, although wife wasn't happy about the transport situation back from the depot.... XD

9hKrXcil.jpg

Cheers
Ras

ROH me!

Great photo and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Rasphelt, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Alphafox, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Greebo, Link
Date 07/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, SherlockHobz, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Scorpuk, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dancook, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Wulfster, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, blasterbolt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

^ he broke the rules! That could be anybody's wife :P

I demand another pic of his wife holding his username before his entry is valid ;)

Last edited:
True but reading around people said better cooling on vrms on 980ti achieved better overclocks.

The core is good for 90C on Titan and any decent waterblock will keep it under 60C. Will the EK perhaps giving you 55C get you a better overclock? Perhaps not.

However, having your vrms at 60C instead of 90C may make a big difference despite both been well under the 120C limit.

No idea if that applies to Pascal though.

Im too impatient to wait for people to get theirs or reviews though :p

Keeping the VRMs cool is always a good idea. Even if they can handle 120C it is still extra heat that will find it's way to the rest of the card hindering performance.

So you would recommend the block with the far superior vrm cooling then?

I am not an expert on individual blocks but anything that is better at removing heat has got to be a good thing.

One thing I notice when I water cool 4 GPUs is the rest of the PC runs better. I think this is because on air the cards are letting a lot more heat get into the case which in turn effects the motherboard and system memory.

Well my plans to shove an EVGA 980 ti hybrid on the tx has gone down the loo since they are out of stock on amazon/oc and evga's site! Anyone know if the 1080 hybrid is the same size as the 980 ti one?? I aint done a custom cooler setup before and prefere the AIO's .

Mine arrived this morning!
image4.jpg

@Kered_Dub Just use Parcel Motel. Worked for me. They went to the Northern Ireland address and then down to me in the south.

Thanks for the tip but I tried that and failed...

The Nvidia page still wont accept my billing address (which I am entering as my home address, normal for my billing details) even though I specified that delivery / shipping address is different to billing on the form, expecting that I could then enter the ParcelMotel address info but no, it won't do that because it keeps saying that it cannot verify my billing address.

Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So you would recommend the block with the far superior vrm cooling then?

EK. It will keep the VRMs cool enough for sure. There will also be an EK active backplate before long like the rest of their GPU line up. 1-2c on the VRMs won't make any difference.

Just go for the block you like the look of most.

For me EK looks better and are of fantastic quality. That's why I always use them. Not a fan at all of the AQ blocks.

Last edited:
EK. It will keep the VRMs cool enough for sure. There will also be an EK active backplate before long like the rest of their GPU line up. 1-2c on the VRMs won't make any difference.

Just go for the block you like the look of most.

For me EK looks better and are of fantastic quality. That's why I always use them. Not a fan at all of the AQ blocks.

its 3C delta though not just 3 degrees. That could equate to 10C or more on the VRM.

And AQ have always been much better quality than EK..................

its 3C delta though not just 3 degrees. That could equate to 10C or more on the VRM.

And AQ have always been much better quality than EK..................

I still wouldnt expect much even at 10c difference. VRM temp only really makes a difference under ln2. I wouldn't expect a 10c difference. At most id expect them to perform within a few degrees of each other. Nothing to worry about.

I didn't say AQ was any lesser quality. But from my experience EK have always been fantastic quality for me.

I'm just not a fan of AQ blocks asthetics wise.

Thanks tyler, I cant figure our delta to actual temp difference.

Guess ill be ordering an EK one on the basis it will be here a week earlier then :)

I might have finished my pipework by then :)

Back
Top Bottom