• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Polaris RX 480 Owners Thread.

Soldato
IMG_0921.jpg

Associate
If you guys are up for it, could one of you undervolt the card and see what the impacts are on temps and performance? I've got mine but am working late tonight so can't do any testing :(

I messed around with undervolting a little. I lowered the max mV from 1100 to 1000 and then 980.

Heaven and tomb raider benches still ran ok and it went up to the max clocks of 1266.

Had no effect on max temp (80C). I guess because this is the target temp and it may have adjusted the fan rpm accordingly to keep it there.

I am still trying to get my head around this WattMan thing. Probably going to take me a while.

Soldato
I wanted to see how they go in quadfire which means I had to use the reference cooler.:)

Oh? Custom cards can't be quadfired? That's a bit of a drag really isn't it?

I look forward to seeing how they pan out. Be especially interested to hear your thoughts on the power issue.

Soldato
It sounds like this could be quite an interesting card once the cooling and power side of things is sorted. Looking forward to Kaap's results.

Soldato
Oh? Custom cards can't be quadfired? That's a bit of a drag really isn't it?

I look forward to seeing how they pan out. Be especially interested to hear your thoughts on the power issue.

They could be if you used PCI-E extensions, otherwise they will either be no space ( coolers too big and some will block 2 slots ) or they will run too hot from being too close to each other and dissipating hot air around each other instead of out of the case (blower fan).

I've only ever done Tri-fire so that's my understanding.

Really used to like HIS IceQ coolers as they were blower style but extremely efficient and whisper quiet.

Man of Honour
OP
I think I've uploaded it - but cannot view images at work -
https://imgur.com/a/AqXuv

0OzJHld.jpg

Got mine this morning, thanks OCUK. Will put in my current case, but when EKWB bring out there block ill be moving it all into a Fractal Design Define S :)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

FWWrWvL.png

Date 30/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 4gb, Tute, Link
Date 30/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, Overlag, Link
Date 30/06/2016, Make Gigabyte Reference 8gb, MDPlatts, Link
Date 30/06/2016, Make XFX Reference 4gb, Bantu, Link
Date 30/06/2016, Make XFX Reference 4gb, TheLegendOfMart, Link
Date 30/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, montymint, Link
Date 30/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, roy23, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, stulid, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, Kaapstad, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, whyscotty, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, AMDMatt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RX 480.​

Soldato
Soldato
anyone played games in 4k on 480?

Im thinking about changing my 7970 which is still doing fine in 4kin games Im playing.
due to 480s price I might give it a go.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom