The Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Excellent op sim and I wish her well. Britain has a monarchy and has done for a thousand years and I have no desire to see a republic and figurehead president replace what is some of the most fascinating history you will read from the likes of William I, Edward I, Henry VIII, George III, George IV, Victoria and our present Queen Elizabeth II.

Long may her reign continue. The pomp and ceremony is awesome to watch and nobody does it better.

Well said!

Man of Honour
OP
jub1.jpg

jub2.jpg

jub3.jpg

Permabanned
In times of poverty & austerity in this country where the poor & being made poorer - To watch this pomposity is gauling to say the lest.

Associate
I have been trying to avoid the Jubilee all day, without success I might add. Can't even turn on the radio without someone fawning all over the Queen. As an oppressed colonial ( Canadian ), I can't say I'm too keen on the Royal Family. Will continue with my computer build and try and block out the noise of the street party that appears to be going on in the back alley! :)

Edit - Oops didn't see the comment above! Hope everyone who is celebrating it today has a good day anyway!

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone should create the anti-jubilee thread, then you lot can take your boring ideas of republic in there....

We would be mad to change what little history and British tradition we have left.

Associate
Really enjoyed watching the whole thing :) sadly spoiled by the weather . I do love events like this as Britain really does put on a fantastic show with all the pomp & ceremony ,makes me proud to be British and I dont think that very often !

Back
Top Bottom