• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
I see :) All new to me this so bear with me! Is it worth trying lower voltages to improve temperatures? I see @Panos is using much lower voltages.
Definitely. Try 1950 @ 1000mv and go from there.

If you get instability, increase voltage +10mv until you find stability.
Haha thanks:D Is that a ref card as well?
Yep, reference AE Edition.

Stock clocks are 2074/1200mv for me on 20.2.1.

Associate
Definitely. Try 1950 @ 1000mv and go from there.

If you get instability, increase voltage +10mv until you find stability.

Yep, reference AE Edition.

Stock clocks are 2074/1200mv for me on 20.2.1.

I had the default 1120mV slider set and changed it to 980mV - Tested GTA and I have dropped well over 10C I have the FPS limit set to 75FPS though. Noise has dropped and temperatures are overall better. Thanks :D

GTA.png

Caporegime
I had the default 1120mV slider set and changed it to 980mV - Tested GTA and I have dropped well over 10C I have the FPS limit set to 75FPS though. Noise has dropped and temperatures are overall better. Thanks :D

GTA.png
For a true test of long term stability, you’ll want a game that drives gpu utilisation to 99% over at least a 30 minute period. That will sniff out any instability in your settings.

Associate
For a true test of long term stability, you’ll want a game that drives gpu utilisation to 99% over at least a 30 minute period. That will sniff out any instability in your settings.

I have been running the heaven benchmark for a good 20 mins so far it's looking ok? I think I'm happy with the 5700XT it took a lot to move over as initially, I had the intention of walking out with a 2070SUPER when I bought it last week. Just need to work on the 3600 & RAM now.

pic.png

Caporegime
I have been running the heaven benchmark for a good 20 mins so far it's looking ok? I think I'm happy with the 5700XT it took a lot to move over as initially, I had the intention of walking out with a 2070SUPER when I bought it last week. Just need to work on the 3600 & RAM now.

pic.png
That is a poor test for stability, use a demanding game from the last 12 months.

Associate
Nitro+ SE here and only problem I have is that it returns to default fan settings every time I restart the computer. The zero fan till 50c then ramping up the fans annoys me, so I have it set to run low all the time. Only program I have installed that I think could be interfering is Sapphire Trixx. Also the fans seem to run higher than the 45% limit and can get a little loud.

Default for the card is 2100/1184mv and 1800 memory. Would 1950/1000 be a good place for me to start or should I be a bit more aggressive? I'd like to lower the temps a bit so I can get the fans running lower. I've noticed the fans running at 60% to keep temps at 67c (and hotspot 89c), temps are fine but the noise is a little uncomfortable for me.

Soldato
I thought the "project cars" games were demanding as my r9 290 really struggled with these games, but with the 5700xt I can run them at full detail at 3840x1080 and they run real smooth

Caporegime
Nitro+ SE here and only problem I have is that it returns to default fan settings every time I restart the computer. The zero fan till 50c then ramping up the fans annoys me, so I have it set to run low all the time. Only program I have installed that I think could be interfering is Sapphire Trixx. Also the fans seem to run higher than the 45% limit and can get a little loud.

Default for the card is 2100/1184mv and 1800 memory. Would 1950/1000 be a good place for me to start or should I be a bit more aggressive? I'd like to lower the temps a bit so I can get the fans running lower. I've noticed the fans running at 60% to keep temps at 67c (and hotspot 89c), temps are fine but the noise is a little uncomfortable for me.
Are you using MSI Afterburner? Because that program deletes those settings on Windows boot.

If you have never installed or used MSI AB, try disabling Fast Startup.

Associate
Are you using MSI Afterburner? Because that program deletes those settings on Windows boot.

If you have never installed or used MSI AB, try disabling Fast Startup.

No not using AB, heard about its issues, and its a clean install of win10, and I disabled fast startup.

Edit: Driver 20.1.3 I should add.

Associate
Other cause of setting lost is an incorrect shutdown/restart if you just press the reset button or the system restarts unexpectedly.

Unfortunately this is happening every time I restart the computer. I was holding out for the optional driver to go stable before using DDU and reinstalling the drivers, but I afaik I done every thing I could when I done a fresh install. Wasnt connected to the internet and had manually downloaded latest drivers.

Associate
I'd like to welcome @djay to the 5700 owners club. :)

Haha indeed!!! I picked up a little bargain from LtMatt from the MM, a nice 5700XT AE which I am really liking I must admit. I was worried with all the horror stories about the drivers but I must say I am seriously impressed with it. I installed the latest drivers and it has been superb!

Currently running it using LtMatts's recommended settings of : 2044mhz @ 1.125Mv @ 46% Fan Speed +50% Power Limit and it has been flawless so far. The only slight issue I had was when installing the drivers, it asked whether I wanted a profile applying, Esports, Gaming or Standard. First time around I chose Gaming and the performance was very stuttery. I then reset it to defaults and chose standard, changed to LtMatts settings and it's been perfect since!

I'd attach a picture but I can never remember how to! (Edit, managed it).

Fp29BMk.jpg

Soldato
Haha indeed!!! I picked up a little bargain from LtMatt from the MM, a nice 5700XT AE which I am really liking I must admit. I was worried with all the horror stories about the drivers but I must say I am seriously impressed with it. I installed the latest drivers and it has been superb!

Currently running it using LtMatts's recommended settings of : 2044mhz @ 1.125Mv @ 46% Fan Speed +50% Power Limit and it has been flawless so far. The only slight issue I had was when installing the drivers, it asked whether I wanted a profile applying, Esports, Gaming or Standard. First time around I chose Gaming and the performance was very stuttery. I then reset it to defaults and chose standard, changed to LtMatts settings and it's been perfect since!

I'd attach a picture but I can never remember how to! (Edit, managed it).

Fp29BMk.jpg

Welcome to the 5700XT AE owners club mate :D

Back
Top Bottom