• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Nice looking block!

I was set on ordering a block for my 5700 xt AE. But now looking at the gains in clock speeds(marginal) only benefit is lower temps and looks. And hearing that theirs a new NAVI card coming most likely early 2020 im now thinking i should just wait and use that money i would have spent on the better card once its released and sell my 5700xt with intact warranty seals when the new one arrives.

Associate
Mines mainly for the lower temp / noise spent too long with a custom loop in my pc and got used to not been able to hear hardly any noise at all.
Plus no plans to upgrade again for a few years, just come from a Nvidia 1080, so recon ill get 2 years out of this one before I change again.

Man of Honour
OP
DPD delivery :)

FaWT8g2.jpg
Well i'm sitting and wondering, do i want to void my warranty and put morpheus 2 on it.

8WpDjKL.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Hk6Mrap.jpg

Date 01/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, BOFH, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, ernorator, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Kevin Matthews, Link
Date 30/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, FiremanSam, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, xxalxx, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, brightside229, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Panos, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, InvaderGIR, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Aod, Link
Date 19/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, BOFH, Link
Date 18/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, gavinh87, Link
Date 17/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, LtMatt, Link
Date 14/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, bake73, Link
Date 12/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, jrodga2k5, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, docsonic, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Associate
Well I am happy with my 5700xt. I have simply used it as it came and the noise is fine and it comfortably exceeds 100 FPS at PUBG with my 2600x playing at 1440p.

Associate
got 2150mhz @ 1193mv , think that will do nicely for now. Not sure if I want to start messing with power tables.

Associate
What does everyone think of the noise and temperatures with these reference cards? The reviews I've read are pretty harsh saying it's very hot and loud.

Associate
What does everyone think of the noise and temperatures with these reference cards? The reviews I've read are pretty harsh saying it's very hot and loud.
Its all subjective. Hot....well its within tolerances so its technically not an issue. The noise however I have to agree, the fan can get rather annoying after a gaming session as it is rather loud.

So either chuck a water block on it, which brings temps down to the 50s and is as silent as your loop, or wait for the custom cards that should start landing in a couple of weeks.

Soldato
You forgot the third option: Get some noise cancelling headphones and never hear the fan at all. :p

The auto fan speed is fairly low so doesn't actually make much noise, it's only when you manually configure the fan that it can start to be a bit loud. I was finding the temps higher than I'd like and I was getting crashes so manually set higher fan speeds and tend to see 65-70C when gaming but that comes with the cost of noise. As mentioned earlier though, I use noise cancelling headphones so don't actually hear it anyway.
I have since found that it's likely some of the Radeon Software settings / drivers that have been causing the crashes which is something that's noted in the driver info anyway "Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products." so the crashes I had assumed were heat related were likely not at all and were in fact driver/software issues.
I don't have any of the features that the Radeon Software recommends enabled and now my system seems to be pretty much solidly stable. I'm still keeping my louder fan profile (only when gaming, quiet when not) because I don't like seeing it in the 80C+ area although that shouldn't actually be an issue at all as it's within tolerances.

Associate
You forgot the third option: Get some noise cancelling headphones and never hear the fan at all. :p

The auto fan speed is fairly low so doesn't actually make much noise, it's only when you manually configure the fan that it can start to be a bit loud. I was finding the temps higher than I'd like and I was getting crashes so manually set higher fan speeds and tend to see 65-70C when gaming but that comes with the cost of noise. As mentioned earlier though, I use noise cancelling headphones so don't actually hear it anyway.
I have since found that it's likely some of the Radeon Software settings / drivers that have been causing the crashes which is something that's noted in the driver info anyway "Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products." so the crashes I had assumed were heat related were likely not at all and were in fact driver/software issues.
I don't have any of the features that the Radeon Software recommends enabled and now my system seems to be pretty much solidly stable. I'm still keeping my louder fan profile (only when gaming, quiet when not) because I don't like seeing it in the 80C+ area although that shouldn't actually be an issue at all as it's within tolerances.

I'm between a nitro+ Vega 64 and 5700XT reference at the moment my last card didn't leave me confident in its 1440p performance going forward so now I'm between these 2 heh.

Soldato
Well I'm more than happy with the 5700XT running the latest drivers and doing 1440p at 144/150hz on my 27" Dell. But then my last card (and system) was somewhere in the region of 4-8 years old tech so having built a whole system on tech released this year, you'd hope it's very good and that I'd be happy with it. :p

Soldato

I use the default Auto-Undervolt with 144fps cap at 2560x1440.
Noise doesn't bother me because I either have headphones when talking to my teams, or using speaks. Also I do not have my head inside the case nor I have shoved a microphone to the back of the card, like the "reviewers" are doing. Is sitting to the right and under the desk.

On idle the card is dead silent, and so is on light graphic games I play like ES Legends, EU4, CK2 etc.
Because is summer the only thing I did was to place a fan 10cm under the card, on a small plastic stand on top of the PSU, to blow air upwards, as my case is a P3 atm with no airflow, and living in Greece where room temp exceeds 34C. (outside is 40-45C).

And the whole "hot and loud" argument is a fricking lie, completely ignoring the fact that Nvidia cards run hot and loud also for years and even TODAY.
2fFlnTK.png

As for "loud" using from Hexus which is using the default card profiles and doesn't set the cards to 100% fan speed
iM5Myg0.png

So the 5700XT is hot and loud, yet the 2070S, 2060S, GTX1080, RTX2080 are not as loud?

FYI when playing games, the noise on my ear level is not more than 31db when the card is working in demanding games like Division 2. And is the soft whoosh of air and not the fan.

Well I am happy with my 5700xt. I have simply used it as it came and the noise is fine and it comfortably exceeds 100 FPS at PUBG with my 2600x playing at 1440p.

Yeah wrote numerous times. What makes the noise at default speeds is the air moving, so is soft and comfortable. Is not the fan whining high pitched noise.
Anyone who has used something like Noctua Industrial 2000 & 3000, or the high pressure Corsairs, or the EK Vardars fans at >50% fan speed will testify this.

Soldato
Yeah wrote numerous times. What makes the noise at default speeds is the air moving, so is soft and comfortable. Is not the fan whining high pitched noise.
Anyone who has used something like Noctua Industrial 2000 & 3000, or the high pressure Corsairs, or the EK Vardars fans at >50% fan speed will testify this.
For sure it's air noise, not the fan itself. I have my case on my desk and at idle I have it set higher than it comes with for stock speed but I don't notice the air movement noise. I only notice it when gaming if I take off my headphones and as I say, I have it set to ramp up a lot more than stock just because really, no actual reason. It's also not a harsh noise as you say, just the movement of a large volume of air rather than motor whine etc.

I can see temps and noise being an issue in a cramp case, but, the same would be said for any modern card anyway so that's not something unique to the 5700XT.

Associate
I use the default Auto-Undervolt with 144fps cap at 2560x1440.
Noise doesn't bother me because I either have headphones when talking to my teams, or using speaks. Also I do not have my head inside the case nor I have shoved a microphone to the back of the card, like the "reviewers" are doing. Is sitting to the right and under the desk.

On idle the card is dead silent, and so is on light graphic games I play like ES Legends, EU4, CK2 etc.
Because is summer the only thing I did was to place a fan 10cm under the card, on a small plastic stand on top of the PSU, to blow air upwards, as my case is a P3 atm with no airflow, and living in Greece where room temp exceeds 34C. (outside is 40-45C).

And the whole "hot and loud" argument is a fricking lie, completely ignoring the fact that Nvidia cards run hot and loud also for years and even TODAY.
2fFlnTK.png

As for "loud" using from Hexus which is using the default card profiles and doesn't set the cards to 100% fan speed
iM5Myg0.png

So the 5700XT is hot and loud, yet the 2070S, 2060S, GTX1080, RTX2080 are not as loud?

FYI when playing games, the noise on my ear level is not more than 31db when the card is working in demanding games like Division 2. And is the soft whoosh of air and not the fan.

Interesting the auto undervolt works with total stability?

The noise isn't a huge deal for me I always game with headphones on anyway and if it's only air noise that doesn't "penetrate" my headphones, prefered to high pitched whining since I can hear that even with headphones lol.

Back
Top Bottom