• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Benchmark first & surprisingly WOT. Is my go to game for testing stability of GPUs. If there is a single issue just a run on Firestrike didn't found, WOT will always do.
If WOT doesn't have issues with Graphic & CPU overclock is fine. As weird as it sounds. Had overclocks looking fine on prime, etc and when WOT run system crashed.
So if the system manages 2 full games in WOT is perfectly stable.

Also by raising the middle point, found ESO a CPU bound game, giving me better performance today on many scenes especially at Elswyer expansion zone which was suffering.
True the game doesn't boost the GPU properly, because is CPU core bound. On Vega 64 has to create a custom profile for that game to use P7 state as a minimum state. And now found with the 5700XT if I have a linear line not a curve maintains better fps on CPU heavy areas.

Doubt even @LtMatt can explain this different behaviour, that by replacing the curve with straight line, get more stable perf on CPU bound games.

Okay thanks I'll try again, just test there with straight line crashed on me, should I the auto undervolt settings in Manuel then tweak round it? Also has anyone got the quiet n cool turn on in bios? I've mine on.

Associate
IDK. For me works fine, but I have undervolted the CPU

Yeah first test so will keep trying just want to double check with you heres a screenshot thats the centre right?

forum picture hosting
fnntxjC

Associate
Newbie to the forum dropping in. Had my 5700 XT for a month, and ive given up on using it for now. I play a lot of older games and it just doesnt get along with them, also got tired of my screens going blank and nothing bringing them back outside of holding the power button and re-booting. Doing that 4 times a day was just to much for me. Bit let down i payed 600 cad for a nice new gpu, and its just a month of nothing but issues, my 4 year old 390 can get a stable frame rate in Depth (DX9) but the 5700 XT just chugs and stutters and drops into the 30s at the exact same settings, on the exact same driver. *sigh* Ive had to shelve the thing for now, because it also has issues running Destiny 2, the other game im playing the most right now, same symptoms as Depth, stutter, chugging, drops to 30 fps (gpu usage wont go over 60 percent no matter how high i crank the render resolution) I saw someone call Navi issues "teething" in here. In my experience thats an understatement. It seems Navi works fine for people who play mostly DX 11 or 12 titles aka mostly newer games. But man does it just not do the job for anything DX 10 and older. 1080p users also seem to really be getting the raw deal here as the card if it isnt being pushed to its limit just clock drops and in roll the stutters and issues. Its been 2 months and not a word from AMD in any of the "known issues" sections of driver releases about any of this. How much longer do i have to use my 4 year old gpu and leave my new 600 dollar one in the drawer collecting dust AMD? :c such a let down. My 390 was amazing from day 1 and lasted me a good 4 years, couldnt make it more than a month on 5700XT before i just had enough of these issues and went back to the old card. I feel like to many people are saying "oh they will fix it" and not bothering to report their problems resulting in all of us having to wait longer than normal for fixes. Just overall the most frustrating gpu experience ive had since my GTX 760 (the reason i went team red)

Anyways, greetings fellow navi beta testers :rolleyes:

Associate
What older games would they be you get blank screen ?
Destiny 2 there was a bug, motherboard manufacturers & Rel a bios patch
I dont black screen on old games, i get awful stutters, frame drops, and general chugging, where my 390 runs the game capped at whatever fps i want without issue, using the same driver. As far as i know Destiny 2 has yet to be fixed with the 5700XT, and im not the only one ive seen online complaining about awful performance and drops into the 30s fps wise in that title. So far im looking for any reason to put my 5700 XT back in my PC, but until they fix the poor performance in old titles (DX 9 ones specifically) and Destiny 2's performance problems, im better off using my R9 390 for the time being, because it can run both those games better and more stable.

My black screen issues are just in general. Can happen on the desktop, can happen when running any game at all really, ive seen it happen in old games, in new games. And so far BF3 and 4 are unplayable because the screens flicker black every 5 mins of gameplay, and i just get frustrated and stop playing the game because flickering in those games can get me killed, so theirs no point playing them. BF1 however runs fine on the 5700 XT, performance wise, and no flickering.

My CPU is a 6700K Running on an MSI Z170A Gaming M5 if that helps. I dont have PCI E 4 its 3 only. And the last bios update for this board was over a year ago, so its really on AMD to put out a driver with fixes addressing these issues. Im not on Ryzen so issues between the 5700 XT and Ryzen that have popped up online do not apply to me.

Soldato
I dont black screen on old games, i get awful stutters, frame drops, and general chugging, where my 390 runs the game capped at whatever fps i want without issue, using the same driver. As far as i know Destiny 2 has yet to be fixed with the 5700XT, and im not the only one ive seen online complaining about awful performance and drops into the 30s fps wise in that title. So far im looking for any reason to put my 5700 XT back in my PC, but until they fix the poor performance in old titles (DX 9 ones specifically) and Destiny 2's performance problems, im better off using my R9 390 for the time being, because it can run both those games better and more stable.

My black screen issues are just in general. Can happen on the desktop, can happen when running any game at all really, ive seen it happen in old games, in new games. And so far BF3 and 4 are unplayable because the screens flicker black every 5 mins of gameplay, and i just get frustrated and stop playing the game because flickering in those games can get me killed, so theirs no point playing them. BF1 however runs fine on the 5700 XT, performance wise, and no flickering.

a) When changed GPU did you used DDU in windows safe mode, to wipe out all settings & drivers before it?
b) If you use MSI AB uninstall it. It doesn't work well with Navi, especially if it is pre-installed on the system before the GPU.
c) After you reboot from uninstalling drivers and MSI AB use ccleaner and fix registry. (run it twice)
d) Install later drivers 19.9.3 have fixes for Destiny 2. Similarly you need latest bios & chipset if you have upgraded to Ryzen 3000
e) If you are using the same windows you had before, make sure you wipe out chipset drivers and re-install
f) what's the PSU (not that matters as the 390 burned more power).
g) Make sure Enhanced Sync is turned off on your Display tab of your drivers.
h) Do not install Relive if you do not need it, just in case.

Let us now how it goes after all the steps above done :)

Associate
a) When changed GPU did you used DDU in windows safe mode, to wipe out all settings & drivers before it?
b) If you use MSI AB uninstall it. It doesn't work well with Navi, especially if it is pre-installed on the system before the GPU.
c) After you reboot from uninstalling drivers and MSI AB use ccleaner and fix registry. (run it twice)
d) Install later drivers 19.9.3 have fixes for Destiny 2. Similarly you need latest bios & chipset if you have upgraded to Ryzen 3000
e) If you are using the same windows you had before, make sure you wipe out chipset drivers and re-install
f) what's the PSU (not that matters as the 390 burned more power).
g) Make sure Enhanced Sync is turned off on your Display tab of your drivers.

Let us now how it goes after all the steps above done :)
I really dont want the 5700 XT back in my system if its still going to stutter and fps drop in Depth, i play that game to much, and its a lot of work to drag my PC out from its little shelf and swap cards and plug everything back in.

Last time i tried to get the card working, i nuked MSI AB from my system, ran AMD CLEANUP UTILITY in safe mode, then rebooted and ran DDU in safe mode, to double nuke everything. Tried 19.9.3 and it was a no go, fps drops into the 30s in Destiny 2 still, and Depth was still an unplayable mess. I am not on Ryzen i am on 6700k on an MSI Z170A Gaming M5, with the latest bios (released over a year ago) The PSU is a 750 Watt Bronze Corsair

Soldato
on a watercooled note, i have soak tested my AE for 2220mhz @ 1.25v @ +50PL and she is good.

i will put some numbers up against my 2070S and 1080ti in assassins creed odyssey this week but the 5700XT is very strong with at this clock speed. GPU temp is 50C under load.

Associate
on a watercooled note, i have soak tested my AE for 2220mhz @ 1.25v @ +50PL and she is good.

i will put some numbers up against my 2070S and 1080ti in assassins creed odyssey this week but the 5700XT is very strong with at this clock speed. GPU temp is 50C under load.
1.25 stock v?
front rad is a Black ice nemisis GTS 360. 30mm thick but pump is attached to it. Case isn't really any bigger than my previous one.

p5pb17706988.jpg
just found this nugget of information, just when I was giving up
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/powercolor-returns-to-overclockers-uk.18571599/

3 guesses what I’m getting:cool:

Soldato
5700XT reference PCB. Typical AMD "Overkill isn't enough". :D
Uses very expensive materials, especially abundant amounts of Tantalum instead of ceramic or aluminium, so hasn't cheapen out like the AIB ones, making it the best board for watercooling.

Associate
@red eye manual OC set in afterburner.
That’s like a 600mhz oc, I have a 6950 and two 290 max oc I got was 100mhz giving me 1100mhz
Uses very expensive materials, especially abundant amounts of Tantalum instead of ceramic or aluminium, so hasn't cheapen out like the AIB ones, making it the best board for watercooling.

but how well does it overclock compared to aib. I would normally go ref but I want a card that can overclock.
Looks like besty got a beasts of a card

Associate
That’s like a 600mhz oc, I have a 6950 and two 290 max oc I got was 100mhz giving me 1100mhz

but how well does it overclock compared to aib. I would normally go ref but I want a card that can overclock.
Looks like besty got a beasts of a card

so long as you cool it there doesn't seem to be much difference with the cores. memory is the issue with OC. My memory is great but core frequency limited by temp from air cooler (red devil)

Associate
so long as you cool it there doesn't seem to be much difference with the cores. memory is the issue with OC. My memory is great but core frequency limited by temp from air cooler (red devil)
Should be good under water then, because it’s not going to fit in my case with that air cooler. Memory oc like the 290? Depends on what mem you get?

Caporegime

I do love the AMD reference boards, usually prove to be bomb-proof :cool:

Soldato
Should be good under water then, because it’s not going to fit in my case with that air cooler. Memory oc like the 290? Depends on what mem you get?

@Ross Thomson is right here. Ram overclock is the limitation for the good overclock with the reference model. Otherwise is very well build even for tweaking with reference cooler
I have the AE. Lowered the speed & power to 1980mhz/1044mv from 2100mhz/1182mv, while raised the ram from 875 to 890. (0% PL) In graphic benchmarks atm, is just 10% slower than watercooled heavily overclocked cards.
Yet runs cooler and more quiet than out of the box (and faster). If I can go to 910 Mhz ram, which passes on benchmarks but games show artefacts, the card is 9%.

When I watercool it (it will happen), going to use MorePowerTool and push more voltage to the ram since it can take it, testing how far it would go.
And here is my grunt with AMD. If this card had 384bit bus was doing to beat the 2070S out of the box with the blower cooler. Somehow the chip feels starved from VRAM speed, and is the reason why high clocks (over 2050) barely improve performance without improve ram speed.

I do love the AMD reference boards, usually prove to be bomb-proof :cool:

Yeah on that hands down AMD is superb when comes to reference. Vega 64, FuryX and 290X were manufactured with overkill in mind on power delivery. Cannot explain it otherwise.
I mean who uses Tantalum capacitors on GPUs, considering it's price is around $140 per lb and aluminium $0.77 per lb!!!!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom