• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
@Panos

I finally got BFV working again as it once did with my fury.
But it took DX12 and 19.10.1 so I don't know if it took both or just one of them.

However, everything is once again smooth as butter. I'm getting over 120 FPS in Metro map @1440 medium settings. I may go all low settings as this is the go to settings for "sweaties" (people who like to run/gun with high fps).

DX12 is a funny ip. You have to allow it to "load up" which can take a few minutes. Once it's done "doing what it needs to do" BFV becomes smooth again. But it took me a few minutes to remove the odd stuttering every once in a while. Hmm, come to think about it by the time the round ended everything was smooth as butter.

What made me stick with it was that it even though DX12 was stuttering at the beginning it was still better then DX11 stutter/Lag.

Soldato
@Panos

I finally got BFV working again as it once did with my fury.
But it took DX12 and 19.10.1 so I don't know if it took both or just one of them.

However, everything is once again smooth as butter. I'm getting over 120 FPS in Metro map @1440 medium settings. I may go all low settings as this is the go to settings for "sweaties" (people who like to run/gun with high fps).

DX12 is a funny ip. You have to allow it to "load up" which can take a few minutes. Once it's done "doing what it needs to do" BFV becomes smooth again. But it took me a few minutes to remove the odd stuttering every once in a while. Hmm, come to think about it by the time the round ended everything was smooth as butter.

What made me stick with it was that it even though DX12 was stuttering at the beginning it was still better then DX11 stutter/Lag.

Huzzah :)

Caporegime
thicc-5be93b.jpg

Associate
Seen the tear down of the thiic, stainless steel heatsink* and a lot of plastic to make it look big it’s just a pe*is extension should have used the plastic space for heatsink space.

And I forgot to order my red Devil today it’s my day off tomorrow. I could ask the wife to order it but I want to be alive to make use of a new gpu:eek: 4pm is the cut off for tomorrow delivery right?

Soldato
Soldato
That’s not good I was just about to empty my current account. I’m going to hold off and see if I can find that thread

i think the owner was happy to get a Sapphire Nitro+ . might of been a once off. But believe OCUK handle RMA but still has to be cleared to hand out a new card from their stock and get one back from Powercolor

Associate
i think the owner was happy to get a Sapphire Nitro+ . might of been a once off. But believe OCUK handle RMA but still has to be cleared to hand out a new card from their stock and get one back from Powercolor
Can’t find it, I did find one where he under volted a Vega 7 and it died, tried to rma and told the shop he under v’d the card so he had is rma denied. He then went to PowerColor direct and got a new card

Soldato
I thought so :(

Upgrade time then, sigh

Depends if you play new current games yes unfortunately. 3700X/3800X going to help a lot, with a cheap board like the £100 MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (don't get the non max), and good ram kit 3600C16 so you can OC it to 3800C16 where all the performance is. And you can always upgrade up to 16 core CPUs for this gen and next year when you want. Z390 is dead end and obsolete already for any upgrade path.
Next year Intel CPUs need new boards and so the 2021 motherboards with DDR5.

So floor budget is £240 for both motherboard & ram (3600Mhz) and anything after that is the CPU. eg a 3700X costs £306.

Make sure you do a fresh windows installation though.

Associate
Depends if you play new current games yes unfortunately. 3700X/3800X going to help a lot, with a cheap board like the £100 MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (don't get the non max), and good ram kit 3600C16 so you can OC it to 3800C16 where all the performance is. And you can always upgrade up to 16 core CPUs for this gen and next year when you want. Z390 is dead end and obsolete already for any upgrade path.
Next year Intel CPUs need new boards and so the 2021 motherboards with DDR5.

So floor budget is £240 for both motherboard & ram (3600Mhz) and anything after that is the CPU. eg a 3700X costs £306.

Make sure you do a fresh windows installation though.

Yeah only playing the latest games.

Definitely getting the 3700X and some good RAM. A bit undecided on the board, was thinking x570? Need to research a bit more.

I thought I'd be happy with my new monitor and GPU but here I am wanting to spend more money. Oh well, it's probably worth it since there are quite a few new games coming out which I'm very interested in.

Soldato
Yeah only playing the latest games.

Definitely getting the 3700X and some good RAM. A bit undecided on the board, was thinking x570? Need to research a bit more.

I thought I'd be happy with my new monitor and GPU but here I am wanting to spend more money. Oh well, it's probably worth it since there are quite a few new games coming out which I'm very interested in.

X570 boards you have to search well from people having them for 2+ months.
From own experience I would say avoid the X570 Taichi, which the board using atm. Many people are having the same issue with the fan. It starts growling on boot sequence after 2 months and then goes to full time.

Back
Top Bottom