• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Permabanned
The 6800 XT I got has a
Managed to sell my rtx 3070 and upgraded to an rx 6800xt, looking forward to it.

Any one else done the same, any current issues I should be aware of?

My 6800XT arrived and the card is huge! I get a kick from the weight of the card. I like it, The cooler is good, temps are super low.Very nice cooler ;) . Although Performance is lower than the 3080 at 4k.

It has a USB type C port, can this port be used for VR ? So to connect a VR headset?

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally after a month or so of UPS border delays etc, i can get my rig 75% complete. My Sapphire is diving under

Alphacool Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ Waterblock
ZgpSSbRl.jpg
@im4gine3

Are you happy with the block/performance increase? I've ordered one but I'm considering cancelling it because sapphire have said they won't honour the warranty and I'm not sure how much better it will perform than the air cooler.
Thanks.
Scott

Associate
@im4gine3

Are you happy with the block/performance increase? I've ordered one but I'm considering cancelling it because sapphire have said they won't honour the warranty and I'm not sure how much better it will perform than the air cooler.
Thanks.
Scott

Hi Scott,

Prior to getting the card under, i was actually considering leaving it on air as the idle and load temps were surprisingly good compared to previous models/designs (no OC). Only the hotspot temp got super toasty even when running a moderately intensive game (~90c), and thus would bump up the temps of all the other components... but since i watercool everything, i didn't hesitate to move to water.

I'm very happy with the block. I've always been an EK man and while EK took a long while to produce a block for the 6800XT, my only option at the time was this Alphacool one. I'm no stranger to Alphacool but have just liked EK better in terms of aesthetics. Cooling wise, from what i've seen between both AC and EK is negligible. Having said that, this block performs very well. My card is overclocked at 2600/2150 (reduced from core 2775mhz for stability), and while gaming/benching, temps never reach 50c. Hot Spot/Junction temp maxes at 65c, but i guess that is helped by the 14w/mk thermal pads i used along with the block.

I can't say much about warranty as i've not thought about it much when dismantling components, especially when watercooling is involved. It's just one of the risks to take should anything go wrong.. touch wood throughout my years of watercooling pretty much every component, none have failed me so far in doing so.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks very much for the info. I may well risk it too. I don't need the extra performance the waterblock will bring but I've got my CPU in a loop so i quite fancy doing the GPU too. :)

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I've got the Gaming X Trio. Just had a fairly long Cyberpunk session at 4k where GPU temp reached around 70C, junction was 102 and fans went up to around 2000rpm (I don't know what that is as a %age). The fans aren't annoying for me and don't seem to ramp up as quickly as yours - as soon as I exited the game, the temp dropped to 52C and the fans stopped altogether.

Well it seems somewhat fine now. I capped the fan spin limit to 55% and I've had no issues so far. Temps generally stay around 55-65 max and it's also fairly quiet. But I'm also running fans at 32% constant rather than 0 until 60c.

Associate
That's good. It seems my high junction temp was a peak rather than the norm and I've cooled things down in my case by changing the airflow, adding an extra fan and giving it a clean out.

Just as well given the recent weather.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I think I'll give it a good clean out too, core temps are low but junction temps can get highish but not over ~95.

Great card though, feels really solid.

Associate
My saga Is finally over got my 6800xt back this morning and all seems fine at the moment

I wished I had logged the serial numbers this card seems a lot more quieter then the first one

Associate
Temps seems a lot better also 75oc hotspot 65oc core that's even with this hot weather

I am wondering maybe the cooler wasn't installed correctly and the card cooked itself

Caporegime
Love how AMD.com still don't ship to the UK. 6 months and counting.

Wonder if they'll ever sort it out. Meh, maybe they don't care. Still only dropping a few hundred cards a week in any case.

Associate
@im4gine3

Thanks.
Scott
I have the same block and it runs stable at around 2720 core and 2120 memory with max temperatures of 50 degrees edge and 70 degrees hotspot, on air the cooler was quiet but hotspot temp was hitting over 100 on long gaming sessions when at 2650.

I was somewhat bricking myself the first time putting the block on (my first time watercooling a GPU) worried about breaking it but it was pretty easy with the included instruction sheet, just take your time.

I put the air cooler back on during a new motherboard change while checking everything was working OK before connecting the loop and it was a lot less scary putting the block back on after.

Associate
Must say after nearly 4 months with this card I love it! My chip isn't the best (max core OC is 2465-2565MHz) but the card is very well made and runs very quietly at good temps at stock (around 1200-1400rpm with a core temp of 70-73°c and hot spot around 20°c higher). Initially I found the delta between core and hot spot temp a little concerning but apparently it's quite normal with these chips. In the hotter weather my OC takes the hot spot just beyond 100°c so I've added a little to each point of the fan curve to compensate and it's much lower now (if more audible).

Associate
Guys did you try Mass effect legendary edition with this card? all of them (1,2,3) got huge frame drops inside crowded areas (like the citadel), and my gpu usage is always low(40% max). I was wondering if might be an Amd issue with this title or there is something wrong with me.

Back
Top Bottom