• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Associate
Was just checking when i had to pay for my Saphire RX 6800 Nitro+ OC ( had it on buy now pay later ) , paid £728 in Jan , after a year they are now £1099 .
So it was a bargain at the time. lol.

Associate
Was just checking when i had to pay for my Saphire RX 6800 Nitro+ OC ( had it on buy now pay later ) , paid £728 in Jan , after a year they are now £1099 .
So it was a bargain at the time. lol.

Lol Leemk, just also seen the Prices of 6800 non XT like £1,100 over double the price
I remember when I purchase the Powercolor Radeon RX 6800 MBA 16GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card - Order date 19 Nov 2020 11:15:00
at £599, Members where saying bad buy at that price, Don't buy it. your mad
Now a Bargain at that price :)

You look at the 6900 XT around the some price, Better off going for this now Crazy

Last edited:
Associate
Had my ASUS TUF Gaming OC 6800XT for 5 months now and no performance issues to report, however I seem to only have two of the three fans spinning when under high load. Tested in two different PCs and ran all software diagnosis tests and disabled the Radeon zero RPM but no joy in getting the third fan to spin. Looking at the card itself, the fan connectors seem snug and the fan moves freely when pushed gently so nothing is physically holding the fan back.

One hour of 100% utilisation in 21c ambient room running in Rage mode:
Clock 2334Ghz
VRAM 1990Ghz
VRAM usage 9629MB
Voltage 1150mV
Power 296W
Temp 71c
Junction 91c
Fan speed 2200rpm

I'm well aware of Asus' RMA service and the existing stock issues suggests I could be without the card for a while so quite reluctant to go down that road but what would you do? For reference, the fan is the third one furthest from the I/O, 10cm from an unobstructed case fan.

Associate
Had my ASUS TUF Gaming OC 6800XT for 5 months now and no performance issues to report, however I seem to only have two of the three fans spinning when under high load. Tested in two different PCs and ran all software diagnosis tests and disabled the Radeon zero RPM but no joy in getting the third fan to spin. Looking at the card itself, the fan connectors seem snug and the fan moves freely when pushed gently so nothing is physically holding the fan back.

Clock 2334Ghz
VRAM 1990Ghz
VRAM usage 9629MB
Voltage 1150mV
Power 296W
Temp 71c
Junction 91c
Fan speed 2200rpm

I'm well aware of Asus' RMA service and the existing stock issues suggests I could be without the card for a while so quite reluctant to go down that road but what would you do? For reference, the fan is the third one furthest from the I/O, 10cm from an unobstructed case fan.

You could ask them for a replacement fan, be easier than shipping off the card.

Associate

Clock 2334Ghz
VRAM 1990Ghz
VRAM usage 9629MB
Voltage 1150mV
Power 296W
Temp 71c
Junction 91c
Fan speed 2200rpm

If Asus are like Sapphire then they should send you a replacement fan to try first as on the Nitro's they are user replaceable, I think XFX do it too on their higher end cards. Looking at photos it looks like you can remove the metal shroud around the fans from the little screws in the side and the fans look like they are screwed down which you will get to after the shroud is off. Might be worth a shot first as a lot easier then sending for RMA.

Sapphire have a fan checking facility built into the Trixx software, that might be worth trying too if it works on the ASUS, but will probably only tell you what you already know that it's not working.

Associate
The initial prices a year ago were very difficult to get against the bots, some got lucky, most had it cart and sold out before payment processed. I don't remember anyone saying 6/700 was a bad price at the time.

Soldato
After seeing lots of people advising to do so, I figured I'd have a play with undervolting my 6800 (no idea why it's detected as a 6900xt):

Default settings:

oIb34tR.png

After some tweaking:

sSomiA1.png

With OpenHardwareMonitor running in the background, default settings hits 95c on the hotspot, the undervolt hits 92c (although that might be because of the much more agressive fan curve).

Can't complain about a ~13% increase :)

Soldato
eBay bargain?
No it was amazon actually. It was a little bit cheaper as it was being shipped from amazon US so i figured I'll wait a little bit to get a good price. And it was the model i wanted (merc 319 6800xt).
Disappointed when i opened the box but at least they wrapped up the brick all nicely for me haha.
Anyway I got on the live chat for help and someone sorted me out a refund within 15 minutes.

Caporegime
No it was amazon actually. It was a little bit cheaper as it was being shipped from amazon US so i figured I'll wait a little bit to get a good price. And it was the model i wanted (merc 319 6800xt).
Disappointed when i opened the box but at least they wrapped up the brick all nicely for me haha.
Anyway I got on the live chat for help and someone sorted me out a refund within 15 minutes.
:cry:

You should have snapped a picture for us. Good luck with the next one!

Ahhhhh your joking. I ended up just getting a 6700xt yesterday when the refund money came in. Oh well.
Return and upgrade. :D

Soldato
:cry:

You should have snapped a picture for us. Good luck with the next one!

Return and upgrade. :D
pm8CdUEgj

Here it is :cry:

Back
Top Bottom