• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Does anyone know of any games or benchmarks that actually show any improvement from increasing VRAM frequency or changing VRAM to fast timings? Haven't found one that shows any difference so far.

Soldato
Does anyone know of any games or benchmarks that actually show any improvement from increasing VRAM frequency or changing VRAM to fast timings? Haven't found one that shows any difference so far.

Be interesting to look into this further which game / synthetic benchmarks have you tried just in case I have some others that I can try and post the results? I wonder if there is a power overhead for overclocking the memory so if it is pointless you could run it at stock and undervolt a bit further?

Last edited:
Soldato
Be interesting to look into this further which game / synthetic benchmarks have you tried just in case I have some others that I can try and post the results? I wonder if there is a power overhead for overclocking the memory so if it is pointless you could run it at stock and undervolt a bit further?
TimeSpy, Diablo 4, Apex Legends

Soldato
Associate
Thank you all for the above replies. Seems to me that if I bought a good quality 750W PSU (eg, Corsair RM750x), then it should power a RX6800XT, 13600K cpu, in Fractal Torrent case.
However, it might be worth buying a 850W, or even 1000W, as a PSU can be regarded as a longer term part, to cover future upgrades.

That make sense?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thank you all for the above replies. Seems to me that if I bought a good quality 750W PSU (eg, Corsair RM750x), then it should power a RX6800XT, 13600K cpu, in Fractal Torrent case.
However, it might be worth buying a 850W, or even 1000W, as a PSU can be regarded as a longer term part, to cover future upgrades.

That make sense?

sure :)

Soldato

That make sense?
I got a RM1000x so i did not have to upgrade for a long time.

Associate
I bought a 6800xt and as I only had a 650W PSU I felt I'd need to upgrade that as well ... was going for an RM850x but wasn't in stock so thought let's get something that won't need upgrading forever and got a RM1000x instead. Well, running with a 5800x3d and the 6800xt a power meter on the mains socket never registers more than 450W

Caporegime
I bought a 6800xt and as I only had a 650W PSU I felt I'd need to upgrade that as well ... was going for an RM850x but wasn't in stock so thought let's get something that won't need upgrading forever and got a RM1000x instead. Well, running with a 5800x3d and the 6800xt a power meter on the mains socket never registers more than 450W

650 Watt PSU would have been perfectly fine, its what i have been running for 7 years.

Associate
No, 750 is more than enough, they always over estimate, they have to assume your PSU is junk to cover themselves. its a 300 watt card, what else do you have that requires the other 500? :)
peak efficiency for psu usually set way lower than 100%
In todays world a 850w would be a go to psu

Back
Top Bottom