• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
I think its under %ProgramFiles(x86)%\MSI Afterburner\Profiles and its the cfg file.
The problem is my overlay is 99% done in HWINFO64, so sending you that file would only give you my frame time graph overlay.

HWINFO64 does not save the overlay config to a file but rather a registry key. Nontheless I've saved the reg key and the MSI AB and RT profiles folder

Paste the MSI AB and RT profiles contents into their respective profiles folder for each app. Before you launch HWINFO64 from the attached folder, double click the reg file to import my overlay.

Hopefully it works okay, password is your name. https://www.sendspace.com/file/ij4dax

Associate
Hi Guys,
Need an urgent advice. TOXIC AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition is available at decent price for me. Is it worth it over a reference RX 6900 XT? I am talking about everting from cooling, performance, dual bios, power limit etc. It would cost me about ~400$ to upgrade to this. I am an OC enthusiast and I like to push my GPUs to their maximum limits so take that into consideration.

Soldato
Hi Guys,
Need an urgent advice. TOXIC AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition is available at decent price for me. Is it worth it over a reference RX 6900 XT? I am talking about everting from cooling, performance, dual bios, power limit etc. It would cost me about ~400$ to upgrade to this. I am an OC enthusiast and I like to push my GPUs to their maximum limits so take that into consideration.

Its much much cooler, much faster with good overclocking possibilities, has a higher power limit and clock speed.

Associate
With the 7900xt due by the end of the year with 2.5x-3x performance of the 6900XT is it worth changing at this stage?
I have few reasons for picking this up:

1. I don't think we would be able to get our hands on anything before December (at the very least). So we still have 10 months to pass without any significant upgrades.
2. If the prices go up to 2.5x-3x of the current flagship, then I would most probably be done with High End PC gaming anyway.
3. Another point, my reference 6900 XT taps out at about 2550 max clocks. So I am hoping to get at least ~7-8% more performance given these cards are virtually guaranteed to be able to do ~2800 Mhz.
4. It also has multiple bios(es), which means I can try bios of LC (2400MHz on memory ) on this card.

Associate
I have few reasons for picking this up:

1. I don't think we would be able to get our hands on anything before December (at the very least). So we still have 10 months to pass without any significant upgrades.
2. If the prices go up to 2.5x-3x of the current flagship, then I would most probably be done with High End PC gaming anyway.
3. Another point, my reference 6900 XT taps out at about 2550 max clocks. So I am hoping to get at least ~7-8% more performance given these cards are virtually guaranteed to be able to do ~2800 Mhz.
4. It also has multiple bios(es), which means I can try bios of LC (2400MHz on memory ) on this card.
Sounds like you've talked yourself into it to me lol.
I've got pictures soon of my O11D EVO rebuild. Just finished it yesterday after finally getting the vertical GPU mount and Mesh front this week.

Associate
Sounds like you've talked yourself into it to me lol.
I've got pictures soon of my O11D EVO rebuild. Just finished it yesterday after finally getting the vertical GPU mount and Mesh front this week.
There is a bit of that but the points still stand. Raw performance increase is not subjective both from clock speed and memory speed increase (LC bios flash). I am not sure about O11D EVO rebuild comment; Did I miss some context?

Caporegime
The latest beta of HWINFO64 supports ASIC reading for Navi GPUs, under the System Information option of HWINFO64. For anyone interested my sample is 88.4% out of 100%. I’ve not yet tested my 6800 XT. Credit to @FireTwo for the tip.

Caporegime
89.6% here, not sure how that will translate into actual clocks yet though...
From memory I think lower asic, higher leakage chip is better for overclocking on water/ln2. Higher asic less leakage is better for air overclocking. Not sure if that is still the case though, but that’s how it used to be back in the TahitiHawaii days when asic quality was readable in GPU-Z.

Caporegime
For reference my default clock is only 2604 but with a 89.6% score.
My default clock is 2599 with 88.4% score using a XTXH.

We should all include the following information.

6900 XTX or XTXH
Default clock: 2599
Asic: 88.4%

So far it looks like XTXH might have higher Asic quality. That's based on results here and on oc.net, but not many results to go on so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom