• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7600 Review Thread

Would this be a good upgrade from an RX5700 if I'm aiming to play at 1440p, My monitor only does 75Hz. I mainly play Flight Sim 2020, Elite Dangerous, bit of red dead 2, forza 5 etc?

Cheers.
According to tech power up it’s about a 40% increase in performance. However if your motherboard is b450 pcie version 3 you could get a lot less than that.

Arc A750 vs Radeon RX 7600

TLDW: the A750 holds up quite well. The RX 7600 modestly beats the A750 in raster but the A750 is ahead in RT.

The A770 is equal to the RX 7600 at 1440P.

The A750 is an RX 6600 competitor which can be had for £50 less than the A750.

Before i say anything just know that i'm not aiming this specifically at you. :)

I'm getting more than a little tired of these contrived comparisons, if we want Intel to do well we want it for the right reasons.
Gordan from PC World and Steve Burke recently did a video yet again trying to sell the A750 to the uniformed and unsuspecting.
Nvidia are where they are today because they along with most of their peers spent the last decade pushing over priced Nvidia cards on people, now Nvidia are a monopoly, so instead of realising that mistake they are now pushing Intel's over priced cards, have they got something against AMD and always have?

Last edited:
I'm getting more than a little tired of these contrived comparisons,

Funnily enough, I've been disappointed at sites not including Arc GPUs - Hardware Unboxed have been notorious here. But YouTube demands new content.

Given the experimental nature of Intel's drivers or even hardware

Intel's drivers have matured immensely. Fine wine definitely applies.

A750 is a $149 card and the A770 a $199 card, at most.

Yes, for the A750 I agree. Not so sure about the A770: maybe £229-£249?

Funnily enough, I've been disappointed at sites not including Arc GPUs - Hardware Unboxed have been notorious here. But YouTube demands new content.

Agreed they should be included more.

Intel's drivers have matured immensely. Fine wine definitely applies.

Sure, the drivers have improved a lot but while much better they are still problematic in some games.

Yes, for the A750 I agree. Not so sure about the A770: maybe £229-£249?

I could go with £229, its the same £30 cheaper than the A750 would be vs the RX 6600.

The only thing that bugs me about all of this is Intel went in with a high price of $450 against a $300 RX 6600XT which it was no better than if not even slower, Intel also asked reviewers to ignore that RX 6600/XT, which some of them did, others merely mentioned it in passing just so they can say they included it.
That has not got better, its got worse with pretty much all of them now seemingly seeing the Radeon cards as an unwelcome good value inconvenience to ironically a narrative of value.
The RX 6600 right now is an under $200 value as they all claim that's missing these days and then say the A750 is great value at $230.

What is it? is it because AMD don't pay dividend on their shares?

Last edited:
Intel have a way to go but not as far as many think, look at Ray Tracing, Intel, is doing, better than AMD was, on its first gen RT cores.

Battlemage will be the first real test as it will be the first step into the mid-range where the RTX xx70 and RX x700/x800, have dominated

I think a third competitor is welcome but it's fairly clear Intel has struggled to produce an efficient enough design. They've basically had to make a 6800 to get 6600 XT performance.

Its 25% larger than an RX 6700XT (330mm vs 409mm) and on a better TSMC node.

It has the same characteristics as Vega, the same characteristics in the same games, there is an argument its a Vega clone, that wouldn't surprise me, its the reason for Raja's sabbatical and later resignation from AMD, Intel weren't quite so kind to him, they unceremoniously demoted him before he resigned from there, they didn't even give him some paid time off to find a new job.

I know Raja Kudori has done some great things, but he seems to struggle with X86 GPU's

Last edited:
Efficiency seems poor too. Same power consumption as the 4060Ti and a decent bit worse with v sync on (worse than the all the 4000 series bar the 4090 in that metric). Not great considering it is 25-30% slower than the 4060ti.

Another very "meh" release that doesn't really move things forward much.
So is the 6600 still the power efficiency sweet spot for ~144hz 1080p eSports titles. I only play Rainbow Six Siege (Low/Med settings and was honestly going to get one and undervolt it to "sip power"

Back
Top Bottom