• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
This is my 4th XTX with this issue. Only thing left to test is motherboard change. All have the exact same whine.

I really doubt it could be the motherboard. Sounds like might be the GPU design and there is nothing we can do.
In any case, that is not as bad as the one I had (reference) so definitely worth spending a bit extra on the Nitro. Still, is very annoying spending so much money on something and being far from great

Associate
And is that noticeable for you, where you sir and where the PC is placed?

It's yours fairly typical, rather than exceptionally loud?

Thanks

Seems the XT and XTX can be similar.
Yep it’s beside me on ikea ALEX drawers so it’s touching distance away. I can see and hear it. If the case was away I wouldn’t mind but I don’t the space to move it any further away.

Soldato
Yep it’s beside me on ikea ALEX drawers so it’s touching distance away. I can see and hear it. If the case was away I wouldn’t mind but I don’t the space to move it any further away.

you must have had an accommodating retailer to now be on your 4th :)

Thinking of changing the motherboard, desperate times. Kinda understand even if it seems a little extreme. Is that an expense that you would have to take the hit on, perhaps not being able to return and refund your board..?
Most frustrating for you.

Associate
you must have had an accommodating retailer to now be on your 4th :)

Thinking of changing the motherboard, desperate times. Kinda understand even if it seems a little extreme. Is that an expense that you would have to take the hit on, perhaps not being able to return and refund your board..?
Most frustrating for you.
I would just return to Brazil store Jeff has a few bobs in the bank me thinks.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would just return to Brazil store Jeff has a few bobs in the bank me thinks.

That's fortunate for you, point taken I have shopped there for ease of replacements. So critical, especially with monitors. Really difficult to get a decent performing monitor that is acceptable first time round.

Perhaps you also need to think about an Nvidia card, after changing the motherboard if that does not work..?

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's fortunate for you, point taken I have shopped there for ease of replacements. So critical, especially with monitors. Really difficult to get a decent performing monitor tha tis acceptable first time round.

Perhaps you also need to think about an Nvidia card, after changing the motherboard if that does not work..?

Yeh, monitors are a ***** nightmare.

Soldato
That's fortunate for you, point taken I have shopped there for ease of replacements. So critical, especially with monitors. Really difficult to get a decent performing monitor that is acceptable first time round.

Becuase Nvidia cards don't have coil whine....

Associate

He’s had 3 nvidia cards already :D

Caporegime
image.png

Associate

Nvidia is just as bad maybe even worst just have look around YouTube and this forum.

Associate
the Pulse is down to £979 which is a pretty good price. I hate to admit it but I care about RGB too much to pull the trigger on that one :p so I'll wait a bit more for the Nitro to come down too :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom