• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Curious, why pay the extra over the cheapest model available..? Is the price difference "worth" that..?
Only for the RGB lovers, the Pulse at 779 or the MBA at 749 would be my choice atm (I went with an XT MBA personally, good card). Nitro at 899 is too close to an XTX imo.

Last edited:
Only for the RGB lovers, the Pulse at 779 or the MBA at 749 would be my choice atm (I went with an XT MBA personally, good card). Nitro at 899 is too close to an XTX imo.

I would have thought for the cheaper end to. Only because looking at the upper end is far too close, for me, to then dismiss the XTX....................

However I can appreciate other factors are equally important, after all not everyone drives a Micra, as we do :D

@JediFragger Are you happy enough with the MBA, in respects of it not being compromised in performance or noise, regardless of the cost difference for the Nitro. Yes cost is a factor, but just putting that aside to assess the MBA card overall.
Build quality decent enough as well..?

O man the build quality is awesome, it's built like a TANK! The equal of the FE-design for me, just in a different way. I know that AMD don't skimp on reference design electronics quality either so all the caps/other stuff is top-drawer.

If you're super-sensitive to noise it can get a little noisy above 1800rpm but my delta temp is only about 12c above the normal temp so it won't be throttling (110c) unless it hits silly temps this summer again :) (can easily limit the fan speed)

I'm impressed by it, and I've had pretty much everything so far (inc an XTX Nitro briefly, but turned out faulty so went back and got 4090).

Last edited:
I'm dropping back down to Ultrawide from 4k too, so it'll be well suited for that.
O man the build quality is awesome, it's built like a TANK! The equal of the FE-design for me, just in a different way. I know that AMD don't skimp on reference design electronics quality either so all the caps/other stuff is top-drawer.

If you're super-sensitive to noise it can get a little noisy above 1800rpm but my delta temp is only about 12c above the normal temp so it won't be throttling (110c) unless it hits silly temps this summer again :) (can easily limit the fan speed)

I'm impressed by it, and I've had pretty much everything so far (inc an XTX Nitro briefly, but turned out faulty so went back and got 4090).

I seem to have "upgrade" constipation. This whole 4000 series first bunged me up and then AMD made the cheeks clench firmly tight. I hope it eases soon, really I do need that. Something has to give.
I can't remember a GPU buying choice being so surreal with what it offers, at the prices they seem to want.

If I went AMD it would have to be new, probably. Too many issues when I had a 6800XT, it had to be returned, with the AMD drivers / cards and the games I typically paly for me to risk second hand.

Great with what you write about that MBA card, really encouraging. Noise is a thing for me also, altho my tinnitus thinks otherwise, that's useful tho for not hearing coil whine.

4k, I dipped my toe there for less than a week. Just "no". Now I have a Dell 1440p and a HP 1440p UW, both at 165hz.

No issues with any of the games you play, thinking less than AAA and perhaps more of indie, if you play them..?

The 4070Ti is kinda close to the XT.......... the VRAM would well concern me tho.

Last edited:
Question, I got a 6950XT MBA yesterday for cheap and the perf is great but I keep looking at 7900XTX's.... For those that did the upgrade, Is the jump from a 6900XT/6950XT to a 7900XTX worth it or is it too little of a perf jump for the outlay ?
When I first got my card I did a comparison to my 6900xt Red Devil and it was between 40% - 50% quicker. Now that was not long after the 7900xtx first came out so it might be a bit quicker now. Is it worth it for me yes. Only you can know for yourself. Both cards do well with tuning.

Last edited:
@JediFragger Are you happy enough with the MBA, in respects of it not being compromised in performance or noise, regardless of the cost difference for the Nitro. Yes cost is a factor, but just putting that aside to assess the MBA card overall.
Potential noise is what's stopped me getting the MBA 7900XT since they dropped to £750.

I've got a quiet PC and I like it that way... I was thinking of the Pulse but I've read conflicting things about how loud that card is as well.

I'd prefer an AMD card (other half's PC has a 4070 so I can play with both!) but it seems harder to get concrete information about how loud a card is on the AMD side.

I'd really like someone to put up a video comparing a few models from a fan noise perspective.

Potential noise is what's stopped me getting the MBA 7900XT since they dropped to £750.

I've got a quiet PC and I like it that way... I was thinking of the Pulse but I've read conflicting things about how loud that card is as well.

I'd prefer an AMD card (other half's PC has a 4070 so I can play with both!) but it seems harder to get concrete information about how loud a card is on the AMD side.

I'd really like someone to put up a video comparing a few models from a fan noise perspective.
At least by buying new it can be returned if needed. Not exclusive to the XT range but around £150 differences in cost seems a lot for a card in the same range.

Do you have an AMD card currently?

Back
Top Bottom