• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Looks like ref gets a nice bump with UV PL+15% 2750 MEM :D, under water be sweeett!

Tell us @Gibbo do you work with W1zzard! link.

Source TPU AMD MBA RX 7900 XTX OC Section, link.
Source TPU ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC Section, link.

Scaling maybe off when I combined table, same test setup per review, link, link.

cYejBvA.jpg

MBA XTX Ordered 13:56, confirmed 14:00, shipped 16:40
:cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone tell me why the Sapphire 7900XTX Nitro+ has 3x8pin power connectors?

Source link.

As mentioned before, ASUS has overclocked and overvolted their card, to unlock higher performance. This means that power consumption is increased, by roughly 40 W, which is perfectly fine and makes sense, given that this is a 3x 8-pin design. This move does lower energy efficiency by 7% though, which is unfortunate, but still acceptable I'd say.

Overclocking worked really well on the ASUS TUF, better than on any other Navi 31 card that I've tested so far. What definitely helps here is the 3x 8-pin power inputs. While the AMD reference card very quickly ran into its power limit, even at the +15% power setting, the ASUS card has more headroom, which allows higher overclocks.

OcUK Staff
The XTX cards overclock more with power limit on max and it seems more voltage means bigger overclock.

As such a 3x 8-pin card has a higher power limit, Nitro is biggest at 420W maxxed out whereas Red Devil is 380W. Reference I believe maxes out at 350W.

So in theory the Nitro have best chance of best overclocks if they win at silicon lottery too.

Not sure on Aorus but guessing it maxes out somewhere between 380-420W TDP.

So far the Sapphire Nitro is absolute best on power phase design and power limit. I’d also say they have best cooler as well as Sapphire noticed the junction hot spot temperature in reference was 110c plus and so addressed that with their cooler with a target of 86c and their target GPU temp 65c

The Nitro cooler is practically the same size as a 4090 it’s a beast and is the 7900 XTX I would personally buy.

Powercolour with Devil have designed their cars different to offer superior performance to MBA whilst only pulling 315W, so it’s very efficient design but can max out at 380W.

Associate
The XTX cards overclock more with power limit on max and it seems more voltage means bigger overclock.

As such a 3x 8-pin card has a higher power limit, Nitro is biggest at 420W maxxed out whereas Red Devil is 380W. Reference I believe maxes out at 350W.

So in theory the Nitro have best chance of best overclocks if they win at silicon lottery too.

Not sure on Aorus but guessing it maxes out somewhere between 380-420W TDP.

So far the Sapphire Nitro is absolute best on power phase design and power limit. I’d also say they have best cooler as well as Sapphire noticed the junction hot spot temperature in reference was 110c plus and so addressed that with their cooler with a target of 86c and their target GPU temp 65c

The Nitro cooler is practically the same size as a 4090 it’s a beast and is the 7900 XTX I would personally buy.

Powercolour with Devil have designed their cars different to offer superior performance to MBA whilst only pulling 315W, so it’s very efficient design but can max out at 380W.
Reading this makes me happy. :D Thanks Gibbo for the info.

Associate
More paint antics :) ...

On TPU reviews OC heaven section on MBA card:-

Actual 3D performance gained from overclocking is 0.9% / 1.2% / 6.8%

So on MBA card UV +15% 2750 gains 6.8%.

TUF heaven section it states:-

Actual 3D performance gained from overclocking is 9.9%.

TUF in Cyberpunk 2077 gains ~10% when overclocking vs it's stock result (69.2-62.7=6.5, 6.5/62.7=10.3%).

On MBA card if you take Heaven result of 6.8% gain and apply to Cyberpunk 2077 60.8FPS = 64.9FPS

3JE4DtR.jpg

Associate
I've pre ordered one as opposed to the XTX due to the lower power draw and better cooling here. That and I wanted to get this into my smaller case the NR200P, this card just fit the bill and looks to have very good cooling capability built in.

Excited for it when it comes in stock. I could have sworn AMD said the stock levels won't be an issue this time haha.

Back
Top Bottom