• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

How does this compare to my evga 1080 hybrid on a 1440p monitor. I hate the idea that I wouldn't notice the difference in performance.

T
overclocking can be rock stable at a time but when you upgrade one component other components that seems stable can become unstable.
Upgrading your GPU increase frame rate so it slightly increase the charge on CPU too. Same thing with monitors, the higher you increase resolution, the higher the average load on GPU increase.
My personnal rule is when you change one component of your Rig that can change performances you consider all previous OC settings of all of your components not safe anymore. They all can lead to crashes. You may have to slightly lower your CPU overclocking now that you have a better GPU.

It was a pre overclocked bundle from oc. I have cleared the overclock. Just wish I took note of the settings. But I think the problem is with the card itself not being limited from the factory .i have to boot up "more clock" and limit the clock speed of my card to 2500 as it want to boost to 3000+ all the time under load and over heats. Limiting the clock has seemed to work also iv adjusted the fan curve

How does this compare to my evga 1080 hybrid on a 1440p monitor. I hate the idea that I wouldn't notice the difference in performance.

Massive jump in performance.

If you look at the Guru3D review it has numbers from the 1080 and 1080Ti.

As an example:

AC Valhalla, 1440p
1080 : 42fps
7900xt : 153
7900xtx : 170

Far Cry 6, 1440p
1080 : 52
7900xt : 127
7900xtx : 133

Hitman III, 1440p
1080 : 80
7900xt : 303
7900xtx : 325

Hi Lads today I joined to the club received the Sapphire XTX (First I wanted to cancel my order did not realised will be shipping on today). But Now is in my computer, changed from a 6800 non XT. Roughly 60%-70% faster.
Tried undervolt the card 1000mv Shadow of the Tomb Raider crashed so badly I needed to reinstall the driver with factory reset, 1025mv just crash, 1050mv was ok but if I increased the power limit +15% as well the card went to a vacuum cleaner mode (used 397W) and just before the end of the Benchmark the driver reseted itself to the default. If you want this card faster you need to play with the voltage and the power limit, rest the card will handle.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the card in multi monitor mode uses around 88W, with just 1 monitor only uses 11W...Maybe the next driver will fix it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the card in multi monitor mode uses around 88W, with just 1 monitor only uses 11W...Maybe the next driver will fix it.

If you monitors have different refresh rates try making them match, they reduced it to 30-35W for me. Still higher than it should be but better than the 100W it was pulling when I have different refresh rates set.

Yeah the idle/desktop power consumption is definitely something they need to look at/improve :o

I have a single LG 38GN950 set to 3840x1600 @120hz/10bit + Freesync and using the Adrenalin overlay the "GPU BRD PWR" shows 49W while just typing this message in Edge.

Last edited:
Hi Lads today I joined to the club received the Sapphire XTX (First I wanted to cancel my order did not realised will be shipping on today). But Now is in my computer, changed from a 6800 non XT. Roughly 60%-70% faster.
Tried undervolt the card 1000mv Shadow of the Tomb Raider crashed so badly I needed to reinstall the driver with factory reset, 1025mv just crash, 1050mv was ok but if I increased the power limit +15% as well the card went to a vacuum cleaner mode (used 397W) and just before the end of the Benchmark the driver reseted itself to the default. If you want this card faster you need to play with the voltage and the power limit, rest the card will handle.

I know a guy who reported the same thing in his 7900 XTX MBA testing. He can:
  1. Get stable at 1050mv and leave the power limit at default but increase the VRAM clocks. This according to him gives about 10% better performance.
  2. Or if he increases power limits he needs to go to 1070mv to make it more stable. This increases power use and gives about 15% better performance.
Sorry I didn't ask the game but he is into high paced online FPS shooters. FWIW he also had a 4090 that he returned as he could not get around the excessive price. He then got a 4080 FE that he has since sold to me because he finds the 7900 XTX to be faster at 4K for his needs.

Edit: I should caveat that as these are not my own tests and are 2nd hand numbers. So may be exaggerated by a few % :D

Last edited:
dont get me wrong out of the box the card is very quiet and only under extended load will it get a bit noisy, paramount is case airflow as the card is so cool under load it throws out a lot of heat regardless, if your case airflow isnt upto snuff then it will suffer and downclock. Same thing happend to me dpd were a day late, but it arrived safe and sound so dont worry

Arrived very early this morning. Installed and ran Valley for nearly 45 mins. It is loud but my case fans and CPU cooler managed to match the noise so it is okay. :D

After I left it for 45 mins, temp 62c, the hotspot 78c, fans were running at 37% - 1600rpm, very loud if the fan speed was above 40%.

The odd thing is that fans run at 510 rpm when idle and never stop. Also no luck with fan settings on adrenalin, it messes up the fan profile and restores back to default after a reboot.

@wookiee87 Posted some gold earlier, see the quote above. Not disputing that there can be cards with bad contact which causes high temps, but if your case airflow is not good it will hit throttling temps. See it on my 4090 and the 7900 XTX, they both dump their heat inside the case. As a result, I just keep my side panel off my case now.

Yea. 115% power, I have the fans ramping up to 100% at 60’c and I’ve a slight oc on the ram.

In cod it never gets warmer than 85’c, I read that these cards get hot during ray tracing, also the performance on Witcher doesn’t feel smooth even when it sits at around 60fps

Yea. 115% power, I have the fans ramping up to 100% at 60’c and I’ve a slight oc on the ram.

In cod it never gets warmer than 85’c, I read that these cards get hot during ray tracing, also the performance on Witcher doesn’t feel smooth even when it sits at around 60fps
Okay, try these settings for now. Leave your fan profile as is.

Put power limit to 0%. Set core voltage to 1050. Leave the min core clock at 500Mhz. Leave the max core clock at 2.9Ghz, if this works out later you can try increasing it to 3Ghz. Set the memory to Fast Timings enabled and 2700Mhz and test. If you get flickering/flashing while gaming, reduce memory to 2650Mhz and retest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom