• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

I can't believe that the Sapphire 7900xtx Nitro+ have arrived! Does anyone know how many arrived to cover the pre-order lot on launch day?

We had 10 XTX Nitro for launch, one was faulty and held back.

We have 100 due next week and an additional 100 the following week, of course couriers might be delay due to bank holidays and festive period etc.

We had 10 XTX Nitro for launch, one was faulty and held back.

We have 100 due next week and an additional 100 the following week, of course couriers might be delay due to bank holidays and festive period etc.
Dude!

Someone give this man an award or a raise!

How did you manage that? :D Magic? ;)

Sorry for the confusion, it's just user @delta0 received his Nitro+ this morning after changing his pulse order to a nitro. So I thought for a moment that stock had arrived?

Last edited:
I got my card yesterday! Thanks @Gibbo

So far, its performing well. The clocks confuse me a bit, in things like 3d mark I am capping out at around 2800-2900 but in games im seeing as high as 3200, with games usually sitting in 3000+

Managed to get voltage down to 1070mv but reckon I can push that a bit further when i have time to fine tune!

raw

I got my card yesterday! Thanks @Gibbo

So far, its performing well. The clocks confuse me a bit, in things like 3d mark I am capping out at around 2800-2900 but in games im seeing as high as 3200, with games usually sitting in 3000+

Managed to get voltage down to 1070mv but reckon I can push that a bit further when i have time to fine tune!

raw

Best method is to set power limit to maximum, set a manual fan curve and then see how it performs. Then maybe try a very tiny under-volt.

Played 2 hours of Darktide last night, on high settings at 1440 and was getting 159FPS. I could not hear the fans and when I checked the junction temp it was 60c.
Played Far Cry 6 @4K 120hz over an hour, max temp 63c, max junction temp 82c (but mostly around 78~80c), and max memory junction temp 84c. Fans were running @ around 1600 rpm but while playing some older non-demanding games like BF1 the fans were running @ around 600 to 1000 rpm if the temp was around mid-50c.

The cooler is fine just the fans xfx is using are quite loud. However, it is okay while gaming as case fans and CPU cooler will ramp up speed which makes the GPU noise not noticeable.

So I tried to solve the multi monitor high idle power usage with CRU was not a success. But with 60Hz on both monitor... I have 18W only !!!
Screenshot-2022-12-21-161822.jpg

I got my XT and it’s beautiful. I absolutely love the design. Only thing that would have perfected it was the serial sticker on the backplate being black like it was on the 6950XT MBA. But you can’t have it all eh :P

Size wise a perfect GPU for my Meshify Mini C mATX build, with a 12700k, z690 board, 64GB Dark Pro 3600 and 6TB storage via nvme…

I’ve only installed the driver so far so hopefully all goes well from here on in.

Great service from OCUK as always!

I got my XT and it’s beautiful. I absolutely love the design. Only thing that would have perfected it was the serial sticker on the backplate being black like it was on the 6950XT MBA. But you can’t have it all eh :p

Size wise a perfect GPU for my Meshify Mini C mATX build, with a 12700k, z690 board, 64GB Dark Pro 3600 and 6TB storage via nvme…

I’ve only installed the driver so far so hopefully all goes well from here on in.

Wow. Also, love your build man! Very cool. Where did you get those GPU power cables from? Can you send me a message so this tread doesn't get off topic? Thanks!

I got my XT and it’s beautiful. I absolutely love the design. Only thing that would have perfected it was the serial sticker on the backplate being black like it was on the 6950XT MBA. But you can’t have it all eh :p

Tidy build. :)

Your making me spend money I don't want to part with now... looks the business, let me know how it goes.

You should definetely buy one. ;)

Though in all seriousness the MBA design once it is sold out will be gone as seen with the XTX version.

Such a shame, it’s such a nice card dimensions wise. Really powerful for such a small card and it feels really nice, all metal. I know some of the AIB cards will offer benefits in terms of noise etc, but this is such a nice form factor…

Back
Top Bottom