• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

My XT so far isn’t having much joy with 3D Mark, crashes on every run. Boo hoo.

Got it working in the end, score looks ok to me compared to some of the reviews I saw, most of which were using a 12900k or above. But I’m not a big 3D Mark user so may be wrong.

Only thing I’ve changed is a power limit of 95%, for some reason I am getting slightly higher scores with it. Haven’t touched anything else.

Core stays about 70-72c, junction is 80c under 100% load. So there’s some room still to lower the fan curve even further (it’s on the stock 66%), but on the XT this card isn’t noisy at all. I was expecting it to be worse to be honest!

Speed Way : 5016

Port Royal : 13,618

Time Spy Extreme (graphics) : 12,398

Last edited:
Update as well on my end for my Sapphire 7900 XT MBA:

- Core clocks untouched, min 500Mhz and max 2815Mhz
- Power Limit untouched
- GPU Voltage set to 1050mV
- Vram Max Frequency set to 2650Mhz
- Fan curve untouched but I have disabled Zero RPM and turned on Advanced Control (but no changes mades). Not sure why but I do feel the card runs quieter that way compare to leaving the whole Fan Tuning mode to disabled. Overall I agree the card is very reasonable when it comes to noise.
- GPU temperature is around 74°C on load and junction around 82°C

Benchmark Results

Speed Way: 5033

Port Royal: 14 012

Time Spy Extreme (graphics): 12 569

Fire Strike Ultra: 17 013

@Chewie what’s the rest of your system specs mate?

Numbers look good!

I will have a further play tomorrow. My 12700k is completely stock and my TG Dark Pro 3600c16 is just on XMP. Haven’t even begun fiddling with them yet, though I do tend to prefer stability and lower noise levels, plus I generally am lazy these days.

@Chewie what’s the rest of your system specs mate?

Numbers look good!

I will have a further play tomorrow. My 12700k is completely stock and my TG Dark Pro 3600c16 is just on XMP. Haven’t even begun fiddling with them yet, though I do tend to prefer stability and lower noise levels, plus I generally am lazy these days.

I'm on the same boat, I'm not a "crazy" overclocker myself as I always want to have my PC running cool & quiet.

As for my system main specs see below ;)

Corsair Graphite 780T White Edition
Seasonic Prime PX 1300W
AMD Ryzen 5800X
Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 CPU watercooling
Asrock B550 Extreme4
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2x16GB) 3200 MHz CL16
Sapphire RX 7900 XT
38" LG UltraGear 38GN950

Technically I ordered the Pulse back on the original launch day after I couldn’t get a Nitro as they sold out too quick. There’s a load of cards going up on OCUK today and I was able to upgrade my Pulse order to a Nitro yesterday and it arrived this morning! Incredible service by OCUK.
I'm still confused on how you managed to get yours yesterday?

Hows it performing? :)

Oof, the stars aligned for me this morning men. I managed to pick up a 7900 XTX TUF for £1150. :cool:

This appears to be up there with the Nitro. Will give it a go and see how I get on with it. If it falls below expectations, I'll keep my order in for the Nitro.
I'd be very interested to hear your findings on these cards. Originally, the 7900xtx tuf was my first choice but went with the Nitro+ as soon as it became available.

Last edited:
Sapphire 7900 XT MBA
5950X

Settings (Thanks Chewie)
- Core clocks untouched, min 500Mhz and max 2815Mhz
- Power Limit +15% (max)
- GPU Voltage set to 1050mV
- Vram Max Frequency set to 2650Mhz
- Fan curve untouched

Benchmark Results

Speed Way: don't own it.
Port Royal: 'An error occured'

Time Spy Extreme (graphics): 13,608

Fire Strike Ultra: 17,852

Last edited:
Oof, the stars aligned for me this morning men. I managed to pick up a 7900 XTX TUF for £1150. :cool:

This appears to be up there with the Nitro. Will give it a go and see how I get on with it. If it falls below expectations, I'll keep my order in for the Nitro.

It’s a good job Intel don’t have a high end part out or you would be broke ;)

The TUF hasn't released here in the US yet. I'm thinking the merc is a better card anyway. They seem to be getting pretty good UV/OC lately.

The TUF hasn't released here in the US yet. I'm thinking the merc is a better card anyway. They seem to be getting pretty good UV/OC lately.
Merc does appear to be excellent also, just a shame they didn’t keep the red led logo from last years design. The TUF, Nitro and Merc look at be the best of the bunch so far.

Oof, great price and looks a fantastic card.

Be interesting to see how you get on with a high end AMD Asus card. I still have nightmares about the strix vega 64. That was sent straight back for refund after getting hot running you tube. The Sapphire nitro plus vega 64 was quality.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see how you get on with a high end AMD Asus card. I still have nightmares about the strix vega 64. That was sent straight back for refund after getting hot running you tube. The Sapphire nitro plus vega 64 was quality.

That was beautiful and the 6800 XT I have too. It's such a light card despite the massive cooler, under 1.5kg, yet the cooling performance and acoustics are superb.

How does the XTX Nitro+ weigh in?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom