• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

I just did a TIM swap from the stock thermal compound on my 7900XTX Nitro+ to 1 of those Honeywell PTM7950 thermal pads, Lowered temps by 8'c.
Nice one man, glad you still have it! Mine is in a Dan A3 case now (7800X3D and ITX board), DAMN it was a tight fit!!! Wanted a smaller case ideally but didn't want to change the card, it's a good one :)

Last edited:
Nice one man, glad you still have it! Mine is in a Dan A3 case now (7800X3D and ITX board), DAMN it was a tight fit!!! Wanted a smaller case ideally but didn't want to change the card, it's a good one :)

Pics man we need pics !

On a side note I don't think the stock TIM was properly applied as an 8'c drop is pretty huge for a simple change.

Those of you with a Sapphire 7900XT Pulse (other Pulse cards may be similar), have you set a custom fan curve?
I find my card run hot (~80ºC, Hot Spot a bit higher, obviously) but the fan barely exceed 50%. I'm wondering about maybe finding a better balance?
What do you use?
What would you use to set the fan curve?
The drivers? Don't they have a habit of resetting?
Afterburner? Or does that not play well with Adrenaline?
FanControl? I believe this caused issues but was the fan curve actually being set in FanControl or was it just having the option ticked that caused issues?

Those of you with a Sapphire 7900XT Pulse (other Pulse cards may be similar), have you set a custom fan curve?
I find my card run hot (~80ºC, Hot Spot a bit higher, obviously) but the fan barely exceed 50%. I'm wondering about maybe finding a better balance?
What do you use?
What would you use to set the fan curve?
The drivers? Don't they have a habit of resetting?
Afterburner? Or does that not play well with Adrenaline?
FanControl? I believe this caused issues but was the fan curve actually being set in FanControl or was it just having the option ticked that caused issues?
How's the ventilation in your case? I actually find that the Pulse has a really good fan curve out of the box and thermals are pretty ideal for me (never going above 66 at full beans, fan speed never exceeding 50%).

I'd rather it was slightly warmer if it meant it was quieter as well if anything.

Do you use a program already to manage case/cpu/aio fan speeds already? If so, you might be able to use that for the GPU (i.e. like a FanControl or ArgusMonitor).

If not, Adrenalin has got good options for setting fan curves too so you could use that.

I was the one who made a series of posts in this thread about FanControl causing issues - but that was because I wanted my 7900XT to manage it's own fan speeds and not use FanControl (essentially it was going to 50% speed as soon as it reached 50 deg and then increased from there).

Because I'd ticked the option in FanControl it was causing issues, outside of that it's been fine.

Last edited:
How's the ventilation in your case? I actually find that the Pulse has a really good fan curve out of the box and thermals are pretty ideal for me (never going above 66 at full beans, fan speed never exceeding 50%).

I'd rather it was slightly warmer if it meant it was quieter as well if anything.

Do you use a program already to manage case/cpu/aio fan speeds already? If so, you might be able to use that for the GPU (i.e. like a FanControl or ArgusMonitor).

If not, Adrenalin has got good options for setting fan curves too so you could use that.

I was the one who made a series of posts in this thread about FanControl causing issues - but that was because I wanted my 7900XT to manage it's own fan speeds and not use FanControl (essentially it was going to 50% speed as soon as it reached 50 deg and then increased from there).

Because I'd ticked the option in FanControl it was causing issues, outside of that it's been fine.
I thought the ventilation was quite good (Corsair 5000D) but the GPU and CPU (7700 non-X) were both getting toasty (not worryingly so but warmer than I'd like). SSDs were getting warm too, which I'm guessing was down to the warm air being pumped out buy the GPU.
Both the CPU and GPU seem to idle around 45ºC, which seems warm, but the ambient is a bit warmer at the minute.

Anyone water cooling their MBA 7900XT? And is it worth it? Sorry but I can't get the search function to work and don't fancy reading 234 pages
Thanks
Scott
Have a Nitro + under water(Low 40's this time of year) , Hands down any card under water is better than air. Providing you have a decent/thought out loop that is.

I've got 2 systems I tend to use the water cooled one with my 6900xt in it mostly because of where it's located. So my 7900xt has probably gamed for about 5 hours in the last year. Last time I looked blocks were hard to get for it. Thinking of putting the 6900xt back on air and slotting the 7900xt in it's place.

I thought the ventilation was quite good (Corsair 5000D) but the GPU and CPU (7700 non-X) were both getting toasty (not worryingly so but warmer than I'd like). SSDs were getting warm too, which I'm guessing was down to the warm air being pumped out buy the GPU.
Both the CPU and GPU seem to idle around 45ºC, which seems warm, but the ambient is a bit warmer at the minute.
My 7700 sots at 30°C idle and a little higher on GPU. Under load the CPU gets to max of 68°C and 76°C for the GPU.

Its been running some what stable if the core clocks are set around the 1200mhz range, anymore and the program locks up or the test system with it installed in shuts down. can see rebar is disabled, not sure what effect that will make if any though

How's she looking? Give it a decent bash over the weekend?

5000D has 3 front intake fans doesn’t it? You running an AIO or air cooler? Might be worth playing around with the fan setup before swapping out the parts.

The 7700 non-x shouldn’t run hot at all - although what sort of temps are you seeing? 80 on the pulse is definitely not usual.

Yea I put the good paste on it you see :D
hawk-tuah-hawktuah.gif

5000D has 3 front intake fans doesn’t it? You running an AIO or air cooler? Might be worth playing around with the fan setup before swapping out the parts.

The 7700 non-x shouldn’t run hot at all - although what sort of temps are you seeing? 80 on the pulse is definitely not usual.
It does have 3 front fans, so I'd expect the airflow to be good. Got a H110i (2 x 140mm) in the roof exhausting.

I mean I'm guessing if the 7900XT is kicking out heat and that's warming up the air in the case, then that's not going to help the CPU temps. I was seeing close to 80ºC on the CPU too (78ºC to be precise).

Last edited:
It does have 3 front fans, so I'd expect the airflow to be good. Got a H110i (2 x 140mm) in the roof exhausting.

I mean I'm guessing if the 7900XT is kicking out heat and that's warming up the air in the case, then that's not going to help the CPU temps. I was seeing close to 80ºC on the CPU too (78ºC to be precise).
Yeah, it's really peculiar unless there's something wrong with the card itself?

I had a 4000D previously so had a similar cooling setup (3 intake at the front, AIO exhausting at the top and then 1 on the rear exhausting) and never felt like any of my components were excessively warm so unless you're doing something whacky like all fans set to exhaust then probably nothing there.

Has the GPU always been on the warmer side since having it?

Yeah, it's really peculiar unless there's something wrong with the card itself?

I had a 4000D previously so had a similar cooling setup (3 intake at the front, AIO exhausting at the top and then 1 on the rear exhausting) and never felt like any of my components were excessively warm so unless you're doing something whacky like all fans set to exhaust then probably nothing there.

Has the GPU always been on the warmer side since having it?
It's been a while since I've used it, so I don't remember. For a while I had the issue with high idle temps and power (due to memory not clocking down), so I didn't use it and then other stuff came up, so I'm only really getting around to trying now.

Back
Top Bottom