• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

@Kaapstad

Thank you kindly

@Kaapstad

Thank you kindly

Welcome and on TOL.:)

The Owners List.

ApdsOSW.jpg

Date 23/12/2022, Make MBA XT, rare, Link
Date 23/12/2022, Make Asus TUF XTX, LtMatt, Link
Date 21/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, blackarrow, Link
Date 21/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, delta0, Link
Date 20/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Mr Evil, Link
Date 19/12/2022, Make XFX Merc 310 XTX, w00dy85, Link
Date 17/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, NathG79, Link
Date 17/12/2022, Make MBA XT, maltrabob, Link
Date 16/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, bokluchara, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, wookiee87, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make Sapphire Vapor X XTX, muziqaz, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Dwilliam, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, fendR, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, bimbleuk, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Kangaxx, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, gupsterg, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Noluck, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, JDHansen, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XT, Chewie, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Haz123, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, ElderKarr, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, jinxpad, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, LtMatt, Link

To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 7900 XT(X).

Last edited:
@LtMatt Are you trying to collect the whole 7900xtx range? :cry:
Don't you already have the MBA 7900xtx as well as a Nitro+ on pre-order?
I've only had two, so far. ;)

MBA and the TUF. I have a pre-order in with OcuK for the Nitro too. Not sure what I am going to do about that one yet, but for now it stays.

The TUF is excellent, everything about it is perfect apart from one thing... the power limit only goes up to 431W, which is still not enough to unleash the full potential of the GPU.

I guess this is why the Nitro is the current best, because it has the highest power limit. I think Gibbo said it was somewhere around 483W or thereabouts. So it's 50W or so higher than the TUF.

If you see the review of AIB cards Computerbase tested, they pretty much confirm this as the Nitro is the fastest overall. Not by a lot, but due to those extra 50W or so allowed, it can boost the core clocks higher than the other cards.

It's a shame, because the TUF cooler I suspect is the best overall due to its size. However the TUF is so good in all other departments, I may just have to keep it. The cooler is so quiet, the delta between edge and hotspot is about 15c, its quite impressive. If I do keep it, I may not even repaste it with liquid metal so props to Asus.

Last edited:
It's arrived, and it's massive. I've never had such a large graphics card and it makes my 4090 took tiny. This is no exaggeration, see for yourself. :eek:

rJ1tFpx.jpg
NTv9Aca.jpg
3Yo0PC9.jpg
KwhhXxd.jpg

LegitimateLankyDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif

It's not often you see an AMD owners thread (7900) with more actual owners than the equivalent Nvidia owners thread (4080) on these forums. :eek:

Part of this is to do with Nv greed and pricing and also this is the first mainstream chiplet gpu so people are excited to explore all the many and varied bugs :mad:

I have installed my xtx now so will play some doom to check it works ok then run time spy. Currently in a 5900x B550 32 gb CL18 system while I wait for waterblock.

I see that Kali has a fancy box and not basic cardboard like the first shipment was.

Part of this is to do with Nv greed and pricing and also this is the first mainstream chiplet gpu so people are excited to explore all the many and varied bugs :mad:

I have installed my xtx now so will play some doom to check it works ok then run time spy. Currently in a 5900x B550 32 gb CL18 system while I wait for waterblock.

I see that Kali has a fancy box and not basic cardboard like the first shipment was.
I believe those fancy box ones are direct from AMD online store not partner.

It's arrived, and it's massive. I've never had such a large graphics card and it makes my 4090 took tiny. This is no exaggeration, see for yourself. :eek:

I thought 1 of AMD's main selling points was "Our cards are smaller" :D

Looks like Asus reused the general 4090 TUF assembly for the 7900XTX, Likely a cost cutting decision so they don't have to re-design a new shroud/fin stack too much.

Back
Top Bottom