• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

7900 XT and XTX owners, what is your Asic rating? You can find this information via HWINFO64 and the main window > video adapter option.

I forgot to check my MBA card, but my TUF OC is 45.2%.
IQozVu1.png

Last edited:
Hey folks.. So what with the good news this morning with regards to the 7900XTX arriving in the UK soon, I wanted to know if anyone could help with some cable questions that I have? I set up a post in the power supply forum but not got a reply yet.

• PCIe 3 x 8pin Cable mod compatible with Corsair HX1000i. Would like to tidy the build up a bit.

Does anyone know which cable I can use to connect from the RGB GPU to the Corsair commander core XT?​
  • You can also set up one PWM case fan on the GPU. Currently I've got it connected to the motherboard. What would you guys recommend?
Thanks in advance.

Hey folks.. So what with the good news this morning with regards to the 7900XTX arriving in the UK soon, I wanted to know if anyone could help with some cable questions that I have? I set up a post in the power supply forum but not got a reply yet.

• PCIe 3 x 8pin Cable mod compatible with Corsair HX1000i. Would like to tidy the build up a bit.

Does anyone know which cable I can use to connect from the RGB GPU to the Corsair commander core XT?​
  • You can also set up one PWM case fan on the GPU. Currently I've got it connected to the motherboard. What would you guys recommend?
Thanks in advance.

the cable extensions above are universal and will work with all psu's on the market, so they would be a fine addition to tidy up your cables, with regard to the rgb cable the gpu should have one bundled with the card, then you can use a adaptor to change it from the normal rgb headder to work with the corsair core XT, search on a well known aucton site and you should find such a cable :)

the cable extensions above are universal and will work with all psu's on the market, so they would be a fine addition to tidy up your cables, with regard to the rgb cable the gpu should have one bundled with the card, then you can use a adaptor to change it from the normal rgb headder to work with the corsair core XT, search on a well known aucton site and you should find such a cable :)
Awesome! Thanks for the reply.

Finally put my 7900 XT into my PC. Had a shock at first as instant black screen when starting 3D load. Fortunately, after reinstalling the driver everything seems to work fine. It was my fault as I didn't uninstall the previous driver first. I will be testing the card on stock settings with undervolt in Adrenalin driver (1075mV). Passed stress test in 3DMark - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/85961878. GPU temp was 64°C, GPU junction was 76°C. GPU board power around 311W mark. I will start testing today hopefully.

Well.. there's movement. :D Maybe they were just testing to see if we are paying attention.

Gibbo has posted updates in the 7900 stock thread, all back orders are being fulfilled and will be stock left over in most cases. You will be getting yours soon so no need to stress for much longer.

Unless there is something seriously wrong with the Nitro when I get it, it's the one I want. Simply for the higher power limit.

I need as much power as I can get to compete with my 4090 GameRock at 660W. ;)
I just sent back my xfx card. For some reason, I cannot adjust any settings like clock speed and voltage. Only managed to change the fan but min speed was fixed to 23% once applied. Had enough and sent it back.

Ordered Nitro+ and just ordered Aorus Elite for way less than Nitro, haven't seen any Aorus Elite review so not sure which one should I keep now.

Last edited:
I just sent back my xfx card. For some reason, I cannot adjust any settings like clock speed and voltage. Only managed to change the fan but min speed was fixed to 23% once applied. Had enough and sent it back.

Ordered Nitro+ and just ordered Aorus Elite for way less than Nitro, haven't seen any Aorus Elite review so not sure which one should I keep now.
I saw them listed, nice price. Tried getting one myself too but was too late. Curious to know how you find the Aorus and what the max power limit is in W with +15% set in AMD Software.

Mine says shipped too, but I didn't get a shipping notification (email) so maybe just a glitch in the matrix. Not sure.
When mine said shipped I got a notification later from dpd to say they are expecting to receive a parcel then an update to say it was received in the evening. The next day it arrived.

Last edited:
I saw them listed, nice price. Tried getting one myself too but was too late. Curious to know how you find the Aorus and what the max power limit is in W with +15% set in AMD Software.
I had it in basket for over 15 mins while looking for the card details and review but went for it at the end because of the price.

Only know Gigabyte for their MB not sure if their Aorus line is good or not.

Back
Top Bottom