• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Hey all looking for some advice here.

I have the (Sapphire Nitro) 7900 XT on pre order and am debating if I should upgrade to the XTX version and whether its even going to be worthwhile for my setup when paired with a 5600X. My primary use case will be gaming at 4k/60 where possible. Below is the setup and hardware I currently have. Does it make sense from a power/thermals point of view to upgrade at all? Because its a SFF case, I want it to be relatively quiet at load.

Ryzen 5600X
32 GB DDR4 RAM
1 TB SN850 SSD WD
NR200P Max (so comes with 850W PSU). Will be repacing the AIO fans with Noctuas for better acoutics and thermals.
The Nitro is relatively quiet and good at dispersion, even on the XTX. I wouldn't worry about it in an SFF from a heat perspective.

That 5600x won't slow you down at 4k.

It would be a noticeable step up from the XT. The only concern I would have is a) the extra ~£200 and b) the extra wait time (you'll be in a long line for the NItro XTX)

Hey all looking for some advice here.

I have the (Sapphire Nitro) 7900 XT on pre order and am debating if I should upgrade to the XTX version and whether its even going to be worthwhile for my setup when paired with a 5600X. My primary use case will be gaming at 4k/60 where possible. Below is the setup and hardware I currently have. Does it make sense from a power/thermals point of view to upgrade at all? Because its a SFF case, I want it to be relatively quiet at load.

Ryzen 5600X
32 GB DDR4 RAM
1 TB SN850 SSD WD
NR200P Max (so comes with 850W PSU). Will be repacing the AIO fans with Noctuas for better acoutics and thermals.

Will a Saphire Nitro fit in that case ? If so I am mighty impressed.

The upgrade for 4k is worth it and the 5600x will not hold you back that much. 4k is still massively gpu bound on most modern titles.

Will a Saphire Nitro fit in that case ? If so I am mighty impressed.

The upgrade for 4k is worth it and the 5600x will not hold you back that much. 4k is still massively gpu bound on most modern titles.

nr200p max gpu compatibility (max gpu size) L: 330mm (incl. power connector), H: 156mm (incl. power connector), W: 60mm (triple slot)
nitro card dimentions 3.5 slot, ATX, Dimension: 320(L) X 135.75(H) X 71.6 (W)mm

by the looks of it length and height are good, but width i'm not sure, it could if you dont use any fans in the base, but without having that case on hand, i'd air on the side of caution and say no, unfortunatly

Last edited:
Try +15% power limit, auto fan speed, and 1100mv.
No luck unfortunately, this crashes after about 2 minutes into a game. I think I just got unlucky with the silicon lottery.

It runs perfectly fine at default though and I don’t seem to have any of the thermal issues that some people are getting, my GPU temp sits at around 60 and hotspot around 82.

No luck unfortunately, this crashes after about 2 minutes into a game. I think I just got unlucky with the silicon lottery.

It runs perfectly fine at default though and I don’t seem to have any of the thermal issues that some people are getting, my GPU temp sits at around 60 and hotspot around 82.
Yep, keep bumping up in 0.010mv increments until you find stability.

if i play with anything in the radeon software, my card behavour goes nuts, core clocks ramp up and then fan speed goes nuts, my junction temp sits in the 95-102c region, if i try -10% or +15% power limit or even try undervolting the card to 1125mv, if i try to limit the core speed the card ignores it and still ramps up, when i set back to default everything returns to normal, cool and quiet.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just installed my 7900 XTX MBA :

First boot : Max auto OC : 3095
Second boot : Max auto OC : 3136Mhz
Auto undervolting : 1125mV

Just tried Horrizon for now.
I tried stock settings and stock settings with just 1075mV (1050mV is crashing) but score didn't change that much (107 vs 108 average FPS at 4K HDR, ultimate settings).
i havn't tried yet to increase PL since i don't want to for h24 settings.

9700K stock settings.

maybe i'm CPU limited ? really strange that stock voltage vs 1075mv didn't increase performances that much in Horrizon.
Fans are really loud but hotspot temperature is good (76° C max) while GPU was only 54°. I think the default fan curve is too agresive.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just installed my 7900 XTX MBA :

First boot : Max auto OC : 3095
Second boot : Max auto OC : 3136Mhz
Auto undervolting : 1125mV

Just tried Horrizon for now.
I tried stock settings and stock settings with just 1075mV (1050mV is crashing) but score didn't change that much (107 vs 108 average FPS at 4K HDR, ultimate settings).
i havn't tried yet to increase PL since i don't want to for h24 settings.

9700K stock settings.

maybe i'm CPU limited ? really strange that stock voltage vs 1075mv didn't increase performances that much in Horrizon.
Fans are really loud but hotspot temperature is good (76° C max) while GPU was only 54°. I think the default fan curve is too agresive.
I got a little more when I tested on my 4k TV -

xUTymvQ.jpg
aKmChea.png

nr200p max gpu compatibility (max gpu size) L: 330mm (incl. power connector), H: 156mm (incl. power connector), W: 60mm (triple slot)
nitro card dimentions 3.5 slot, ATX, Dimension: 320(L) X 135.75(H) X 71.6 (W)mm

by the looks of it length and height are good, but width i'm not sure, it could if you dont use any fans in the base, but without having that case on hand, i'd air on the side of caution and say no, unfortunatly

Thats odd on the official website it states the clearance is 75mm; L: 336mm (incl. power connector), H: 160mm (incl. power connector), W: 75mm (triple slot), but thats with this link >> https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/max/mini-itx/nr200p-max/#specifications. Have seen people get huge cards in there.

However under the NR200P it shows as 60mm >>L: 330mm (incl. power connector), H: 156mm (incl. power connector), W: 60mm (triple slot)

I think the first link is for the Max version, the second is the NR200P standard (doesn't support vertical moutning). I could be wrong.. I better read the documention in the case.

I take it your selling your Asus then? I've been thinking of ordering Asus or sapphire myself
Sending it back, but if you want it happy to pass it along at cost + postage. Send me a pm if interested and we can take it to the MM, otherwise it'll go back to place of purchase. Just waiting for the Nitro to ship first. :D

Last edited:
Sending it back, but if you want it happy to pass it along at cost + postage. Send me a pm if interested and we can take it to the MM, otherwise it'll go back to place of purchase. Just waiting for the Nitro to ship first. :D
Already decided to send it back? I thought you wanted to compare them first.

Today is the last day of Xmas public holidays in HK, Sapphire should be able to give an update on shipping.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom