• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Everybody is probably going to scream at me for willingly not goinfg for an XTX but I have received and successfully installed my Sapphire 7900 XT (reference design) today.

I was really worried about the noise and potential coil whine but so far nothing bad to report :)

I'm not planning to go for any crazy overlocking or anything, just going to try a gentle undervolt and see where it takes me.
Not at all dude. I mainly just play at 1080p and occasionally 1440p these days due to poor eye sight so gonna get an aib xt and as it will be under water gonna roast it's chestnuts and see what it really can do:)

Caporegime
Associate
Got mine around 1pm today, just been playing with it mainly, checking temps, making sure it's all working, moving my old GPU into my dads PC and then his GPU into my brothers PC

I hope the picture is good enough haha. couldn't be bothered to turn my case around, sorry, you can just see its front

happy to see in Forza Horizon 5 it hits around 2.7Ghz no sweat. so many bugs with this card and it's behaviour. One of the tools i use for 3D crashes almost immediately when trying to do heavy RT, and the idle consumption is in the 114-125W range. I have no doubt that this will be fixed in a driver update, when the update will be tho, idk?

NRLuV7G.png

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Got mine around 1pm today, just been playing with it mainly, checking temps, making sure it's all working, moving my old GPU into my dads PC and then his GPU into my brothers PC

I hope the picture is good enough haha.

happy to see in Forza Horizon 5 it hits around 2.7Ghz no sweat. so many bugs with this card and it's behaviour. One of the tools i use for 3D crashes almost immediately when trying to do heavy RT, and the idle consumption is in the 114-125W range. I have no doubt that this will be fixed in a driver update, when the update will be tho, idk?

NRLuV7G.png

Are you using the driver released last night, supposedly fixes idle issues.

Associate
Are you using the driver released last night, supposedly fixes idle issues.
yeah i updated to the latest drivers today, as far as i know, they only report knowing the issue, not fixing it. says resolution for 22.12.2 and the current driver on their download page is 22.12.1 only.
Edit// Actually doesn't have resolution estimate mentioned.

L1w7y4c.png

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
yeah i updated to the latest drivers today, as far as i know, they only report knowing the issue, not fixing it. says resolution for 22.12.2 and the current driver on their download page is 22.12.1 only.

L1w7y4c.png

Ah OK, that is good as it means they acknowledge it so it will no doubt be fixed in next release.

Associate
Hmm, maybe GPU is bad then if VGA led is stuck on and no display?

Try a different display connection, eg HDMI/DP.
Weirdly, I let it power cycle 3 times all with vga light on the motherboard. Now it's on and in windows.

Restarted a few times and goes into the desktop everytime. Tried a few games but performance is about the same as my old 1080 ti :cry:. I got a feeling the PSU is struggling. Maybe due to the age of the PSU?

Caporegime
Weirdly, I let it power cycle 3 times all with vga light on the motherboard. Now it's on and in windows.

Restarted a few times and goes into the desktop everytime. Tried a few games but performance is about the same as my old 1080 ti :cry:. I got a feeling the PSU is struggling. Maybe due to the age of the PSU?
That's good!

Is it paired with a 3900x? If so you may well be CPU limited particularly below 4K max settings.

Last edited:
Associate
Received mine, Sapphire MBA, at ~1545 and got it installed. Downloaded the latest Adrenaline software and gone for an auto undervolt for now. Does anyone know of any new tweaking values? Last values I came across was UV - 125mV, +100MHz memclk and +15% powerlimit.

Not stress tested or run any benchmarks yet.

7900xtx-oc.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Received mine, Sapphire MBA, at ~1545 and got it installed. Downloaded the latest Adrenaline software and gone for an auto undervolt for now. Does anyone know of any new tweaking values? Last values I came across was UV - 125mV, +100MHz memclk and +15% powerlimit.

Not stress tested or run any benchmarks yet.

7900xtx-oc.jpg
That’s a decent starting point. Can always try +15hz memory and -150mv undervolt

What is the default max frequency as shown in the tuning menu? Mine appears to fluctuate upon system restarts between 3085-3105Mhz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom