• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Received the card, it's a asus, but it's MBA so it's the reference model. 110C when running fire strike extreme stress test. Only work around for me is setting PL to -10%.
After ffe stress test the numbers are:
Gpu temp: 71C
Hotspot: 85C
Vram: 96C

Not sure about sending it back yet. Maybe I'm waiting for a water block then rma when amd sorts this out.

Received the card, it's a asus, but it's MBA so it's the reference model. 110C when running fire strike extreme stress test. Only work around for me is setting PL to -10%.

Not sure about sending it back yet. Maybe I'm waiting for a water block then rma when amd sorts this out.
If on stock you have 110°, yes: you should send it back.

Similar behavior to my returned card after only a few minutes of stressing. How long are you running the stress test for? I ask as 3DMark stress test in particular really pushes the card (hence the name), and it may hit 110c if it's been running for a good while e.g. 25 minutes, with the card otherwise fine.

If it it's 110c (sufficed you have good ventilation) after a few minutes, I'd return it.

Hello, lurker but first time poster here as looking for info about 7900 xt. Most of the info, reviews and videos are about 7900xtx so looking a bit of help.

Looking to go over for AMD from nvidia and have eye on XFX Speedster MERC310 AMD Radeon™ RX 7900XT. Any owners or can someone give bit of info about it? Is it good move rather than reference? I have read the guru3 review and there the difference seemed to be minimal. I understand the main best thing is cooling. I know that ref 7900xt does not have hotspot issues.
Would there be hope to see growing difference between reference and MERC change while drivers get better. Also would MERC overclocking be more beneficial?

As I am shopping in EU The difference is in 34 Euros. Uhh there is only 2 left in stock in ********** so might need to pull trigger soon.

Thanks for good read and hope soon to become team red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing posts like this really worries me.
I am not able to get to my PC until next week to fully test. The 30day refund window runs out on the 13th Jan and after that I would expect it to be a direct replacement, which, tbh the whole vapor chamber debacle has me spooked.
Send it back for a refund and get the sapphire pulse version it’s only a little bit more.

Update on my coil whine situation.

It's a LOT better after some extensive usage and its now barely audible at low rpm. Performance wise I'm super happy with, its very very good coming from a laptop 3060.

I do still need to amend some things like the fan curve and undervolting if anyone already has a profile working? I reduced the maximum clock down to 2600 so lowering fan is also wise? The temps are fantastic barely ever gets higher then 58-61 but the fans go to upto 3000 rpm on some games it's weird.

AMD Smart Access Memory - ON vs OFF | RX 7900 XTX Benchmarks​

Not every game benefits but most do. FPS gains fall off the higher res you seem to go but still decent gains at 1440p. Looks to me like the same kind of increase in FPS by overclocking a bit which is awesome. Glad I went with AM5 on my new build now.

Hello, lurker but first time poster here as looking for info about 7900 xt. Most of the info, reviews and videos are about 7900xtx so looking a bit of help.

Looking to go over for AMD from nvidia and have eye on XFX Speedster MERC310 AMD Radeon™ RX 7900XT. Any owners or can someone give bit of info about it? Is it good move rather than reference? I have read the guru3 review and there the difference seemed to be minimal. I understand the main best thing is cooling. I know that ref 7900xt does not have hotspot issues.
Would there be hope to see growing difference between reference and MERC change while drivers get better. Also would MERC overclocking be more beneficial?

As I am shopping in EU The difference is in 34 Euros. Uhh there is only 2 left in stock in ********** so might need to pull trigger soon.

Thanks for good read and hope soon to become team red.
Had the Merc 310 XTX for a day, card is fine in games but the fan noise is a bit loud. I believe XT version use the same cooler which maybe better as XT uses less power so its easier to cool.

Back
Top Bottom