• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Here is a 7900 XT Merc running Spiderman. I just did a quick search on YouTube since I couldn't find any actual reviews of the card, however having used the XTX version briefly I know the cooler will handle the XT power draw easily.

Last edited:
My RMA replacement nitro turned up to day and its all working, coil wine is less then the previous one so that's a nice plus. Not had a chance to play round with it much yet. GOW 2 requires my attention at the moment.

Here is a 7900 XT Merc running Spiderman. I just did a quick search on YouTube since I couldn't find any actual reviews of the card, however having used the XTX version briefly I know the cooler will handle the XT power draw easily.
Thanks. I think 30 euros more to have AIB card is not that bad. I prefer the design of the reference, but it is closed case and the big Merc will fit in nicely. With better cooling maybe more headroom for OC also.

Hopefully joining team red in end of the week ;)

Anyone experiencing 110c on the junction temp running at stock settings can return their card. The card is faulty and no amount of future driver updates are going to help. AMD have instructed customer service reps to assist in the return/replacement of these faulty cards. It's pretty clear now after they made an official statement regarding the issue. Check out YouTube on the usual channels to see confirmation of AMD statement

"We are working to determine the root cause of the unexpected throttling experienced by some while using the AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics cards made by AMD. Based on our observations to-date, we believe the issue relates to the thermal solution used in the AMD reference design and appears to be present in a limited number of the cards sold."
"We are committed to solving this issue for impacted cards. Customers experiencing this unexpected throttling should contact AMD Support (https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-call)."

Welcome all and on TOL.:)

The Owners List.

ApdsOSW.jpg

Date 07/01/2023, Make PowerColor Red Devil XTX, wookiee87, Link
Date 06/01/2023, Make PowerColor Red Devil LE XTX, [Robster], Link
Date 04/01/2023, Make XFX Merc 310 XTX, PeterNem, Link
Date 04/01/2023, Make XFX Merc 310 XTX, LtMatt, Link
Date 04/01/2023, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, Satchfanuk, Link
Date 01/01/2023, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, LtMatt, Link
Date 31/12/2022, Make Gigabyte Aorus Elite XTX, koeiwong, Link
Date 31/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, crazyswede, Link
Date 31/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, eeii, Link
Date 30/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, Charlie_, Link
Date 29/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, malachi, Link
Date 29/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, Trypta, Link
Date 29/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, 01001101, Link
Date 29/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, badgeruk, Link
Date 26/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, thefogo, Link
Date 23/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Kali81, Link
Date 23/12/2022, Make MBA XT, rare, Link
Date 23/12/2022, Make Asus TUF XTX, LtMatt, Link
Date 21/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, blackarrow, Link
Date 21/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, delta0, Link
Date 20/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Mr Evil, Link
Date 19/12/2022, Make XFX Merc 310 XTX, w00dy85, Link
Date 17/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, NathG79, Link
Date 17/12/2022, Make MBA XT, maltrabob, Link
Date 16/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, bokluchara, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, wookiee87, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make Sapphire Vapor X XTX, muziqaz, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Dwilliam, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, fendR, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, bimbleuk, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Kangaxx, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, gupsterg, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Noluck, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, JDHansen, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XT, Chewie, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Haz123, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, ElderKarr, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, jinxpad, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, LtMatt, Link

To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 7900 XT(X).

I'm one of the affected people with the 110 Junction temps - My delta is anywhere from 50, to minimum 40 - Replacement card is sadly due Mid February by the looks of it (I bought on launch day and reported the problem the same day! - Not from OC, I got from a SI so not OC fault let me stress that) - Its not too bad as I can, temporarily, Enable Vsync and drop the power of the card down to make it playable.

Was tempted to just buy a Waterblock for it and integrate it into my loop but will make sure ive got one without the hot spot issue first as whipping that cooler off will obviously invalidate my warranty (originally enquired with XFX if i could, they said I could if it wasnt an MBA card, but hands were tied by AMD on the reference cooler repaste / removal)

@Gibbo Any word on when The Asrock Phantom or Hellhound XTX models are due in stock and have they already sold out? After being burnt by the MBA tjunction issue (and dealing another defective 4080), I'm looking for a decent XTX AIB (with marginally better cooling) that does not break the bank i.e. <£1200.

@Gibbo Any word on when The Asrock Phantom or Hellhound XTX models are due in stock and have they already sold out? After being burnt by the MBA tjunction issue (and dealing another defective 4080), I'm looking for a decent XTX AIB (with marginally better cooling) that does not break the bank i.e. <£1200.

Phantom no ETA.
HellHound XTX has been delayed due to Covid issues in China, they are hopeful to get several hundred shipped to us late next week which will cover all back orders.

Sapphire XTX Nitro more are due with us this week but as sales are crazy on this SKU when they arrive we don't expect stock to last long.

I've got the xtx, just ran the mw2 benchmark, 1440p everything at max, the end result was around 140fps, seems rather low. Junction temp hits around 86, pwr is around 380w. Tried a fresh driver install but didn't help.

Last edited:
Thats some bad luck you've had with cards, hopefully you have had your share of bad ones and the next one will be fab.
Saw this one on the website.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-3a5-sp.html

Last edited:
I've got the xtx, just ran the mw2 benchmark, 1440p everything at max, the end result was around 140fps, seems rather low. Junction temp hits around 86, pwr is around 380w. Tried a fresh driver install but didn't help.

Cannot see the link, but could be v-sync or Radion Chill. Does MSI afterburner give you any idea of GPU util.

What cpu do you have? Did you upgrade from the 6700k ? Because if not then I suspect it's going to bottleneck a lot.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've got the 13700kf, 32gb ddr5 and the 7900xtx. I have the overlay on, 100% gpu utilisation. What image upload site works here?

Thats some bad luck you've had with cards, hopefully you have had your share of bad ones and the next one will be fab.
Saw this one on the website.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-3a5-sp.html
I've been buying and trading enthusiasts cards since, well.. they existed. In 25 years prior, and likely 100+ cards, I've probably received 2-3 defective cards (Powercolor 5800 LCS that had bad memory, and a 7900 GTO that had a bad heatpipe, another refurb 1080 ti that kept crashing at default speeds). I've bought two cards this gen, and two cards had to be returned. Go figya.

Saw that Pulse model, but 1) not sure if the cooling is decent, 2) it's preorder.

Did you have vsync on? Did you have the FPS in game uncapped?
Vsync is off and the fps is uncapped. When running the benchmark, it says my cou utilisation is 3% while my gpu is 100%. Does anyone know any free benchmarks I can use to compare other 7900xtx's incase it's a bug with mw2?

Does anyone know if the Sapphire 7900 XT Pulse stops the fans at low temperatures?
What's the best way to set a fan curve with a 7900 card? Can you do it via the drivers or do you still need Afterburner or something similar?

Does anyone know if the Sapphire 7900 XT Pulse stops the fans at low temperatures?
What's the best way to set a fan curve with a 7900 card? Can you do it via the drivers or do you still need Afterburner or something similar?
The Adrenaline software is pretty good to set the fan curve, it's very easy to do. Idle mode (no fan) can also be turned off if you like. Took me a while but it works great.

Amd adrenaline should have fan control or afterburner. My 6900xt had fans at 30% min the whole time as default. Could only turn them off/lower with option in afterburner to ignore stock something or other in the fan tab, adrenaline wouldn't allow going below it's min value

Back
Top Bottom