• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

I've got the xtx, just ran the mw2 benchmark, 1440p everything at max, the end result was around 140fps, seems rather low. Junction temp hits around 86, pwr is around 380w. Tried a fresh driver install but didn't help.

When you say everything at max do you mean you physically went through every image quality option and maxed them out? Or do you mean you choose the extreme quality preset. I ask as the latter is not truly maximum settings.

Are you using the MBA card? If so, try the following:
  1. Set power limit to +15%.
  2. Set fan speed to 100% and disable zero RPM (for the purposes of this test).
  3. Set memory frequency to 2750Mhz with fast timings enabled.
  4. Set core clock to 3000Mhz, leave min frequency at 500Mhz.
  5. Adjust core voltage to 1100mv.
  6. Click Apply.
  7. Navigate to the My Documents > Call of Duty > Players > options.3.cod22 file and open with Notepad. Scroll to the bottom and change RendererWorkerCount:0.0 = "7".
  8. Save and launch the game.
  9. Go through each menu image quality option and max it out. Also enable Fidelity FX Cas too and set that to 100%.
  10. Keep the Radeon Ingame Overlay off for now, it costs a couple of FPS to have it running
  11. Relaunch the game and run the benchmark.
  12. If it crashes put GPU back to stock settings, but max out the power limit, fan speed and rerun the bench and share your results.
I am using a Sapphire Nitro, so my results will always be better than yours as my card has a higher power limit. However, even with my card stock I am getting 45% better performance than you which is a higher difference than I would expect. This climbs to 59% if I overclock my graphics card.

Sapphire Nitro XTX Stock
iJTmdxO.png

Sapphire Nitro XTX Overclocked
ZF0IqmD.png

Last edited:
i've run the same benchmark and with same cpu and a red devil i'm seeing around 143fps at 1440p and 121fps at 4k in mw2, btw @LtMatt, where did you get driver 23.1.1 from?, checked online and cant see it anywhere, i'm still on 22.12.2

i've run the same benchmark and with same cpu and a red devil i'm seeing around 143fps at 1440p and 121fps at 4k in mw2, btw @LtMatt, where did you get driver 23.1.1 from?, checked online and cant see it anywhere, i'm still on 22.12.2
Can you put up a video showing the settings you are using and then run the benchmark sequence to YouTube? It seems like the settings might not be consistent between runs.

bOA0JuZ.png

heres my run for some reason vsnc option was greyed out but relaunched the game and i could turn it off, card set to 3000mhz core, ram set to 2750mhz default ram timming, power limit +15% amd cpu clocked all core 5.4ghz, driver 22.12.2

Last edited:
When you say everything at max do you mean you physically went through every image quality option and maxed them out? Or do you mean you choose the extreme quality preset. I ask as the latter is not truly maximum settings.

Are you using the MBA card? If so, try the following:
  1. Set power limit to +15%.
  2. Set fan speed to 100% and disable zero RPM (for the purposes of this test).
  3. Set memory frequency to 2750Mhz with fast timings enabled.
  4. Set core clock to 3000Mhz, leave min frequency at 500Mhz.
  5. Adjust core voltage to 1100mv.
  6. Click Apply.
  7. Navigate to the My Documents > Call of Duty > Players > options.3.cod22 file and open with Notepad. Scroll to the bottom and change RendererWorkerCount:0.0 = "7".
  8. Save and launch the game.
  9. Go through each menu image quality option and max it out. Also enable Fidelity FX Cas too and set that to 100%.
  10. Keep the Radeon Ingame Overlay off for now, it costs a couple of FPS to have it running
  11. Relaunch the game and run the benchmark.
  12. If it crashes put GPU back to stock settings, but max out the power limit, fan speed and rerun the bench and share your results.
I am using a Sapphire Nitro, so my results will always be better than yours as my card has a higher power limit. However, even with my card stock I am getting 45% better performance than you which is a higher difference than I would expect. This climbs to 59% if I overclock my graphics card.

Sapphire Nitro XTX Stock
iJTmdxO.png

Sapphire Nitro XTX Overclocked
ZF0IqmD.png
Sounds like a plan, shall try when I get home. Yeah I selected the preset ultra settings at 1440p, cas on. I tried a fresh install of Windows 11 to no avail. I tried the same ultra preset with 1080p and its 180fps! In game fps hovers around 180fps, I see on YouTube some people's 7900xt runs better. Is there a possibility of a faulty xtx, going to flash my mobo aswell.

bOA0JuZ.png

heres my run for some reason vsnc option was greyed out but relaunched the game and i could turn it off, card set to 3000mhz core, ram set to 2750mhz default ram timming, power limit +15% amd cpu clocked all core 5.4ghz, driver 22.12.2
Now that is almost identical to my stock Nitro score and more like it for an AIB 7900 XTX. ;)

Last edited:
My coil whine has gone down a lot now, but I want to try and eliminate it completely (for £1000+ card I'm certainly going to try!).

Currently I have 2 rails plugged into my Sapphire 7900 XTX. I want to change to 3 dedicated cables (no daisy chaining), have seen this resolve the issue for many people.

Anyone know where I can get a good quality PCIE cable, will need to be male to male as its a compact modular PSU (850W).

I don't know if it as been said but this is very very important to LOWER max frequency of your card for stability.
I have MBA 7900 XTX and i found out that my real max stable frequency is around 2850Mhz while AMD driver is displaying 3090 to 3130.
I need to do more testing but it seems that i wasn't able to get stable frequency even at 1090mV when i set max frequency to 3000 while now i am stable at 1060mV when i set max frequency to 2850.
It seems to me that most crashes are due to the card trying to hit a very high frequency during a very short period of time but i may me wrong.
My max VRAM frequency seems to be around 2630 but i need more testing.

Moreover it seems like Warzone is really good for testing OC stability compared to other games and benchmarks.

Last edited:
Card was collected by DPD today. Hopefully don't have to wait too long for a replacement (or refund). I was very happy with the card, but not willing to keep it due to it hitting 110 degrees almost immediately in games like Darktide. Hopefully any replacement will have the issue resolved.

Not to jinx it, but I've got a 7900xtx Red Devil L.E. being delivered tomorrow. Feeling lucky I was able to scope one out, persistence pays.

Anyone know the difference between the regular Red Devil and L.E.? Or is it just that the L.E. comes in a fancy box with the changeable backplate?

Not to jinx it, but I've got a 7900xtx Red Devil L.E. being delivered tomorrow. Feeling lucky I was able to scope one out, persistence pays.

Anyone know the difference between the regular Red Devil and L.E.? Or is it just that the L.E. comes in a fancy box with the changeable backplate?
I think it's the latter. :)

i have the normal red devil and besides the extra backplate and a engraved number on the LE card they are basically the same, my devil is way better than my poor mba, still no word from ocuk as to my rma request, have contacted sapphire and amd directly try and figure something else.

i have the normal red devil and besides the extra backplate and a engraved number on the LE card they are basically the same, my devil is way better than my poor mba, still no word from ocuk as to my rma request, have contacted sapphire and amd directly try and figure something else.
Contact Retailer you bought it from, AMD can only help with MBAs bought directly from the AMD shop.

My returned MBA was shipped and processed by ocuk all in about three days -- hopefully you'll hear back soon.

I'm disappointed to have paid £150 more for an AIB as the MBA seemed otherwise solid (apart for the vapor chamber/temp issue). Hopefully the Red Devil with prove its worth.

The Adrenaline software is pretty good to set the fan curve, it's very easy to do. Idle mode (no fan) can also be turned off if you like. Took me a while but it works great.

Amd adrenaline should have fan control or afterburner. My 6900xt had fans at 30% min the whole time as default. Could only turn them off/lower with option in afterburner to ignore stock something or other in the fan tab, adrenaline wouldn't allow going below it's min value
Thanks guys, used Adrenaline and discovered that the Pulse does use fan stop tech (up to like 60ºC I think). Was also able to confirm that the fan do indeed work!

I would not recommend trying to install a Sapphire 7900 XT Pulse or similar card into the Corsair 900D case because whoever designed that case needs a good slap! (If you know, you know!)

Does anyone know how to identify the right cable for my PSU, its the one that comes with NR200P Max, I need to source a PCIE 8 (6+2) cable, see if it eliminates the coil whine my card has.

Back
Top Bottom