• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Well well well, the cows have come home to roost. There's an old saying, never count a god tier GameRock out.

Although the 4090 is 20 whole FPS behind at 4K competitive settings in Modern Warfare/Warzone 2, that changes when using the Extreme Preset after yesterdays update. The 7900 XTX and the 4090 with a 660W BIOS clocked to the gills are now a TIE at 151 FPS each. Unbelievable @jaffveyda!!

7900 XTX Extreme Settings

4090 GameRock Extreme Settings

7900 XTX Competitive Settings

4090 GameRock Extreme Settings

@Jay-G25 @vapor matt

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the update.
how much performance can the card gain on other benchmarks than MW2 and FC6 ?
Does OC scale as good on Nvidia optimization oriented games ? i would love to see CP2077 or TW3 RT update. Mine is on the way, i can't wait.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks for the update.
how much performance can the card gain on other benchmarks than MW2 and FC6 ?
Does OC scale as good on Nvidia optimization oriented games ? i would love to see CP2077 or TW3 RT update. Mine is on the way, i can't wait.
Sorry I don't play those games so can't comment on performance. I will probably test Callisto Protocol next as I'm currently on my playthrough and the game runs well on both cards.

Associate
OK thank you.
Last question :D : Do you have your stock settings scores for FS, FS Extreme, Time Spy, Port Royale ? since you have a 7950X (likely OC'ed) that's difficult to compare to others available benchmarks online.

Last edited:
Associate
Where are you reading the power wattage from? The amd metrics?
Mine hits 398watts... Saw it spike to 415watts in timespy and the pc turned off, hard black screen, psu is 1200watt corsair HX.
Its Possibly trying to pull too much power.

I've undervolted to 1080mv now. Still hits near 400watts and runs hot at 110 hotspot, this GPU is doing my head in.

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine installed and running earlier today. Fantastic card. Tried Horizon ZD and FC6 (finally finished it) and getting some superb performance.

Timespy scores right around what they should be at 29k+.

Anyone having issues running Witcher 3 Next Gen with RT on? Every time I switch on the RT settings, it crashes within a few seconds of play?

Caporegime
Got mine installed and running earlier today. Fantastic card. Tried Horizon ZD and FC6 (finally finished it) and getting some superb performance.

Anyone having issues running Witcher 3 Next Gen with RT on? Every time I switch on the RT settings, it crashes within a few seconds of play?
I think it’s a game issue that game is a buggy pos.

Associate
52566175348_4e7f86e98e_n.jpg

Sapphire 7900xtx Vapor X vs Sapphire 6900xt MBA

Soldato

Witcher 3 is incredibly buggy. It crashes on my 3080FE when trying to turn on RT while in game. Set it to RT in the start menu before going in game.

Associate
I think it’s a game issue that game is a buggy pos.
Yeah, figured there would be issues in W3 next gen considering the report. Good to hear it's not just the 7900xtx having issues with RT.

Temps are very good at 70c load and ~45c idle. Clocks are rock solid around 2500mhz, but I can hit 2930 stable overclocked -- this is on the reference model with temps surprisingly only going up to 75c load (98c hotspot).

It's a great card. Not sure still if it's worth £1000, but solid. Feels somehow like a Radeon VII if performance was on point and clocks were extremely conservative (I should try undervolting). Similarly, it's one of the best looking cards I've owned.

Soldato
Any performance variance in MW2 for you guys?

Nadalina from techtesters says her 7900xtx is having very weird behaviour, where she does 1 test run and the card runs at 2300mhz and loses to the 4090, then she restarts the game and does test run 2 and it runs at 2900mhz and beats the 4090. And then she was playing the game for a while on a run where the game started at 2900mhz and after 30 minutes of gaming, the game lost 50fps and the card had dropped down to 2300mhz again. Throughout all of this the card kept pulling its max power draw

Could be a memory leak? But im
Thinking it's more likely just an issue with the 7900xtx and it's voltage/clock curve doing funny things like the voltage changing over time and upping amps and that cm keeps wattage the same but due to volts dropping, clocks drop with it.

Maybe driver issue or heat? The heat is interesting because in the TPu review they specifically mention that performance of their 7900xtx would fall by 10% after playing a game for a while. But Nada's card is an Asus TUF OC which she says sits at 50c, unless it's a hotspot issue where the card drops volts because one of the hot spot sensors has a high reading

Last edited:
Associate
Oh, regarding Sapphire Nitro + clocks:
2.9ghz while folding (not average, but solid)
400W while folding :D
Folding performance 20% increase compared to 6900xt because folding is using warp32, tile32 arrangement, which I believe makes use of wave32, which is kinda broken.
55C GPU temps
77C junction temps
Fans are very quiet
card is mahoosive. had to rotate it at an angle to even get it inside of my phanteks case.
3 slot bracket kinda prevents any back end sagging, even though card came with anti-sag bracket
farcry5 is a stutter fest even though FPS is solid 200-240 at 1440p. Will try to reinstall the game, who knows maybe devs done some shader precompilations or some crap, which now does not like new card

Last edited:
Associate
I think I have a dud, 7900XTX Reference (Sapphire), hotspot hits 110 in most games after 5-6 minutes, fants hit 2800 RPM, GPU temp is fine (63c) but my PC sounds like its gonna take off.
I DDU'd the driver and re-installed clean, no change. For £1050 I expected better.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any performance variance in MW2 for you guys?

Nadalina from techtesters says her 7900xtx is having very weird behaviour, where she does 1 test run and the card runs at 2300mhz and loses to the 4090, then she restarts the game and does test run 2 and it runs at 2900mhz and beats the 4090. And then she was playing the game for a while on a run where the game started at 2900mhz and after 30 minutes of gaming, the game lost 50fps and the card had dropped down to 2300mhz again. Throughout all of this the card kept pulling its max power draw

Could be a memory leak? But im
Thinking it's more likely just an issue with the 7900xtx and it's voltage/clock curve doing funny things like the voltage changing over time and upping amps and that cm keeps wattage the same but due to volts dropping, clocks drop with it.

Maybe driver issue or heat? The heat is interesting because in the TPu review they specifically mention that performance of their 7900xtx would fall by 10% after playing a game for a while. But Nada's card is an Asus TUF OC which she says sits at 50c, unless it's a hotspot issue where the card drops volts because one of the hot spot sensors has a high reading
No issue for me in my testing in MW2 and I’ve been doing repeated runs at various resolutions and settings on the 7900 XTX and the 4090.

Back
Top Bottom