• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Tasty PC on YouTube has done an excellent guide to overclocking her 7900xtx.
The Tier 2 5% increase-over-reference marker has been hit by both the XTX TUF and the Nitro+, the Tier 1 cards are gonna have to be monsters to hit 10-12% over-reference.

Last edited:
Associate
This is probably a dumb question, but as I'm going from 6900xt to the 7900XTX, is there a preferred method for uninstalling the current GPU and doing a clean install for the 7900XTX?

Associate
Sadly its not my usual DPD driver as I'm always one of his first stops. Instead I get Jonathan, Jonathan always delivers lunch time/afternoon. 12:41-13:42.
Just checked on dpd app, map shows the driver is only 10 mins drive away from my home. ;)...... But he stills got 110 stops before coming to my place.

Associate
Sadly its not my usual DPD driver as I'm always one of his first stops. Instead I get Jonathan, Jonathan always delivers lunch time/afternoon. 12:41-13:42.
I have a "Jonathan" DPD driver as well. I often see him at the end of my road savoring his Greggs, enjoying every last second of his extended lunch break. He then speeds his van at 40mph in a 20 to make up the time.

As for my 7900xtx MBA, the awful coil whine is still present but seems to be dying down a bit (or I'm becoming accoustomed to the noise).

I have, however, have a bigger issue(s)... I've now had some time to do quality testing and monitoring or clocks (in Timespy, Heaven and RDR2). Core speeds never reaches 2500mhz boost, it hovers between 2430-2480mhz at stock. As such, my FPS/scores are slightly lower than most other scores I've seen e.g. 12200 graphics in Timespy Extreme. When I adjust settings (undervolt to 1080mv, max frequency at 3100, P. Limit +15%), clocks reach just over 2500-2510 periodically, but then go back down to 2450s. The coorelating problem for all of this? The hotspot rockets to 110c shortly after load starts, and speed throttles back (at stock or otherwise). This is aggrevated by extremely sporadic performance at times: I'd say 1/5 3DMark runs will only see clocks at 2200-2300 core.

I should have been taking notes early on, but I thought I'd seen far better clocks and temps after first installing this card a few weeks back (but quite possible I was misunderstanding Wattman).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom