• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Well it's here.
0jJKzK9.jpeg

Is it only 4mm longer then the red devil vega 64 card? No it is not. My reservoir is currently being held in place with a cable tie as it won't now fit on the bracket due to the size of the card.

Edit: Its finally in, will 3d print a new bracket once i go back to work next week to hold the reservoir in place, and need to adjust the water cooling next time I drain it now.

Wnkx6Mt.jpeg

Last edited:
Well it's here.
0jJKzK9.jpeg

Is it only 4mm longer then the red devil vega 64 card? No it is not. My reservoir is currently being held in place with a cable tie as it won't now fit on the bracket due to the size of the card.

Edit: Its finally in, will 3d print a new bracket once i go back to work next week to hold the reservoir in place, and need to adjust the water cooling next time I drain it now.

Wnkx6Mt.jpeg
Tight, bit of a tweak to do on the loop then! Some extension bars and 90 degree fittings will help to get the tubing much shorter.

Last edited:
Mine is here too, won't have too much time to play around with it though today.

However, I have of course made time to install it. It is quite a bit smaller than the TUF OC, but the TUF OC is daft large.

Cooling performance is slightly worse than the TUF, not surprising given the size of the TUF heatsink.

RGB bar looks fantastic, TUF RGB was crap. Less coil whine than the TUF, but still some.

Memory overclocks better than the TUF, core is similar. Need to test the limits of the card as the higher power limit means you need more voltage as the card is boosting higher. Asic 44%, TUF 45.2%.

I think it's a keeper. I am going to need to repaste it with liquid metal, as the hotspot reaches the 80c range with 100% fan speed with the card drawing 461-464W. Not sure on the exact power limit yet, but its within this range. About 30-35W higher than TUF.

EDIT Couple of pictures

M95WrBh.jpg
QXRXKAK.jpg

Last edited:
Tight, bit of a tweak to do on the loop then! Some extension bars and 90 degree fittings will help to get the tubing much shorter.

Yep needs redoing now but thats a job for another month. Just need to make sure nothings started to leak or about to fall off.

Not sure what the light bar is ment to do, the Trix software does not seem to change anything and i just have some very faint red lights in about a 3rd of it. Not sure if i need to plug the LED cable in or not for it to work ?

Just quickly tried cyberpunk, loaded up a random save and looked around abit, 80 fps on ultra, or 45 fps with the first 3 raytracing options enabled sure beats sub 20 on low and medium settings I finished playing it at after the 1.6 patch killed the performance.

Quick pic of what my card was doing at the time.

sXUXMeG.png

Last edited:
Long shot, but anyone got the Aorus Elite 7900XTX and know how to change the awful RGB effects they've got going on it. None of the Gigabyte RGB software detects the card.

Yep needs redoing now but thats a job for another month. Just need to make sure nothings started to leak or about to fall off.

Not sure what the light bar is ment to do, the Trix software does not seem to change anything and i just have some very faint red lights in about a 3rd of it. Not sure if i need to plug the LED cable in or not for it to work ?

Just quickly tried cyberpunk, loaded up a random save and looked around abit, 80 fps on ultra, or 45 fps with the first 3 raytracing options enabled sure beats sub 20 on low and medium settings I finished playing it at after the 1.6 patch killed the performance.

Quick pic of what my card was doing at the time.

sXUXMeG.png
The RGB bar should work fine without any need to load Trixxx. It should default to rainbow RGB colour. Check all PSU connections are connected.

I downloaded Trixxx and confirm the RGB bar can be changed too.
Long shot, but anyone got the Aorus Elite 7900XTX and know how to change the awful RGB effects they've got going on it. None of the Gigabyte RGB software detects the card.
No, but I heard that was an issue with the Aorus cards for Nvidia too with the 4080/4090. I would contact Gigabyte directly regarding that.

Last edited:
GIGABYTE Control Center
(Note) 1. Update GVloader.DLL to support New AMD graphics cards. 2. Update power event to fix RGB Fusion issue

Last edited:
HUv3rs.jpg

Banana for scale. :cry:

narbnd.jpg

Just ran a quick benchmark in RDR2.. more to come later but gotta shoot off for a bit! :D

Everything maxed. 3440x1440 @ 175Hz.
Min 93fps
146fps AVG
208 Max FPS. :eek:

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to OCUK and forum members for making my 7900 dream build come true! :D

Find it funny that the 4080s are terrible value and brick like yet buying 7900xtx's that are more brick like for £1300 is OK. The Nitro's do look nice apart from the rgb bar but one of the few advantages the 7900 cards had were the smaller size and these are now starting to get hefty!

Last edited:

Just installed the card and will try that later. 7900 cards not yet on GCC support list. :o:rolleyes:

Nice one gigabyte.......

Last edited:
Find it funny that the 4080s are terrible value and brick like yet buying 7900xtx's that are more brick like for £1300 is OK. The Nitro's do look nice apart from the rgb bar but one of the few advantages the 7900 cards had were the smaller size and these are now starting to get hefty!

It is borderline outrageous that you expect peoples buying choices to make sense :cry:

Neither the 4080 or 7900xtx are sensible choices if you consider the price but what is the sensible choice? I should have just kept using my 6800 but that will be going into my sons PC so I needed a new gpu and had to make a choice. My logic for getting a 7900xtx MBA is , it was cheaper than 4080 and has standard 8 pin power connectors. It is the size pcb that I want and I am going to put waterblock on it so no need to get a far more expensive AIB model. Other people have different priorities.

HUv3rs.jpg

Banana for scale. :cry:

narbnd.jpg

Just ran a quick benchmark in RDR2.. more to come later but gotta shoot off for a bit! :D

Everything maxed. 3440x1440 @ 175Hz.
Min 93fps
146fps AVG
208 Max FPS. :eek:

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to OCUK and forum members for making my 7900 dream build come true! :D
Lovely card, kinda wish I got it over the Aorus now.

Sort your ram out aswell, it's not in the optimal slots.

Lovely card, kinda wish I got it over the Aorus now.

Sort your ram out aswell, it's not in the optimal slots.

I got both cards in hand, need to decide which one to keep.

I don't care about RGB as the case is on my left side which I cannot see. Price and noise are more important to me.

Back
Top Bottom