• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
I find it hard to believe that any currently available card will be better than the Nitro tbh. For maximum performance its the one to choose.
True, the Nitro is also better looking card too. However, my pocket will hurt less if I keep the Aorus. :cry::cry::cry:

By default the Aorus is on OC bios. Tested with Valley and played FC6 for while. Max 64c, hotspot 86c memory 88c. Fan is running at 47% around 1850 rpm. It is bit loud but the sound is much less annoying than xfx custom card.

Took the side window off temp drop by 6c.

Caporegime
True, the Nitro is also better looking card too. However, my pocket will hurt less if I keep the Aorus. :cry::cry::cry:

By default the Aorus is on OC bios. Tested with Valley and played FC6 for while. Max 64c, hotspot 86c memory 88c. Fan is running at 47% around 1850 rpm. It is bit loud but the sound is much less annoying than xfx custom card.

Took the side window off temp drop by 6c.
Be interesting to see how the Nitro compares in the same conditions, let us know.

Associate
Have my nitro installed in the North case. Fits fine with room, haven't had a chance to have a play with it yet other than a quick timespy run and loading of WoW to check FPS/temps

Tiny bit of coil whine but nothing like my previous nitro 6800xt

Max delta of around 17C (63C 80C hotspot) in timespy

So far so good

Thanks so much to the guys at OCUk, didn't expect to have this until the New Year

Associate
Be interesting to see how the Nitro compares in the same conditions, let us know.

Not sure if I will open the Nitro or not. The price difference between the two aren't small.

Tried the quiet bios, temp remain similar but fan speed down by 300 rpm and clock speed drop slightly. Power draw max 403w for both bios.

I am not good at oc, but I did try to set power limit on amd software to +15, and gpu board power did reach 460w.

Caporegime
Can't comment on unannounced products ;)
Gxo9nrE.mp4
1cCMTdm.gif
:p
Not sure if I will open the Nitro or not. The price difference between the two aren't small.

Tried the quiet bios, temp remain similar but fan speed down by 300 rpm and clock speed drop slightly. Power draw max 403w for both bios.

I am not good at oc, but I did try to set power limit on amd software to +15, and gpu board power did reach 460w.
Sounds like board power is very similar if not identical to the Nitro then. I saw 464W with the Nitro. I was hoping it was closer to the 483W figure that was discussed earlier.

Last edited:
Caporegime
PXL-20221229-084035953-2.jpg

image.png

Quite the looker but a bit of a tight fit. I'm going to have to change out my fans for some slimmer ones and sort out the rgb headers, its looking kind of chaotic in there at the moment.
That middle picture is ace, and the RGB bar is a nice addition i really like it. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I just sent back my xfx card. For some reason, I cannot adjust any settings like clock speed and voltage. Only managed to change the fan but min speed was fixed to 23% once applied. Had enough and sent it back.

Ordered Nitro+ and just ordered Aorus Elite for way less than Nitro, haven't seen any Aorus Elite review so not sure which one should I keep now.

Out of curiosity what XFX card did you get? I'm looking at the XFX 7900XT Merc 310 Black but if it has issues will get the Nitro+ once in-stock.

Associate
Out of curiosity what XFX card did you get? I'm looking at the XFX 7900XT Merc 310 Black but if it has issues will get the Nitro+ once in-stock.
I had the Merc 310, the card is the lightest one compare to Aorus and Nitro.

First issue is the fan noise, even the Aorus fan is loud (OC bios) with higher rpm but the xfx fan noise is somehow more noticeable. Idle fan stop only work sometimes or run at 15% when idle.

But the biggest issue is that I cannot adjust any settings with amd software or msi afterburn. Click apply but all settings just back default. Only fan cruve can be adjusted, however the fan will run at 23% when idle with manual fan curve. And to bring back the default fan curve I need to load saved profile or reinstall amd driver.

Back
Top Bottom