• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Caporegime
But you ordered that one for a family member lol so should be sealed into there hands, I can see this one in your machine and your one going back in box for family member lol so they will get a pre cooked 7900xtx lol
Definitely, but the pleasure of having me build and tune his PC has to cost something And I won’t charge him any money. Currently he’s getting the No1 Nitro across all the 3DMark benches worldwide, so I’m sure he’ll be okay. ;) :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Definitely, but the pleasure of having me build and tune his PC has to cost something And I won’t charge him any money. Currently he’s getting the No1 Nitro across all the 3DMark benches worldwide, so I’m sure he’ll be okay. ;) :cry:
One careful owner :D.

Soldato
my red devils in too and temps under loads are way better, core temps are a bit higher around 65-67 but junction temps are mad low at 78-82 max, have some coil whine from the new card compared to the MBA, but i'd take that and have excellent temps not to mention more OC headroom than the MBA. its a THICK boy too!!!! :)

Caporegime
my red devils in too and temps under loads are way better, core temps are a bit higher around 65-67 but junction temps are mad low at 78-82 max, have some coil whine from the new card compared to the MBA, but i'd take that and have excellent temps not to mention more OC headroom than the MBA. its a THICK boy too!!!! :)
Obligatory rig picture please.

Associate
Question - I have the XTX Nitro+ coming today, I took a look at my case the NR200P Max and the PSU included is a 850W compact. The PSU itself has only has 2 free cables, each cable is daisy-chained into 2 connectors, is this going to be enough to supply the GPU as technically there are 4 free PCIE (6+2) connections? Or will I have to get another cable?

If I need another, will need some guidance on which I should order?
Please post a pic and tell me what clearance you have......if any.
I have that case, I got another cable but would be happy putting 2 in with 1 daisy chained to save space.

Soldato
What are your vram temps guys, in either gaming and just idling/browsing?

XFX Merc 7900XTX Temperatures...

5 minutes of Furmark gets to 65 degrees GPU, 79 degree hotspot.

Memory junction a bit higher - as you'd expect - at 86 degrees.

That's all worse case. Gaming is a few degrees less. Idle/browsing GPU is at 40 and hotspot at 45.

RnjrF1g.jpg

Caporegime
XFX Merc 7900XTX Temperatures...

5 minutes of Furmark gets to 65 degrees GPU, 79 degree hotspot.

Memory junction a bit higher - as you'd expect - at 86 degrees.

That's all worse case. Gaming is a few degrees less. Idle/browsing GPU is at 40 and hotspot at 45.

RnjrF1g.jpg
Looks good to me, my temps were a little worse with the Merc I tested but were within that range although there was a larger gap between edge and hotspot temperatures on my Merc.

Obligatory rig pictures is required though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom