• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Nitro XTX (A.Q 54.0%) vs Merc XTX (A.Q 42.3%) in 3DM FS & TS, profiles shown about similar stability tested.

Wall meter power plug read max 619W Nitro, 612W Merc, idle ~103W total rig, inc 30W screen.

yIHPyNt.jpg

Wall meter power plug read max 644W Nitro, 637W Merc, idle ~103W total rig, inc 30W screen.

t1l3DeS.jpg

Yeah got some bench runs higher on both cards, but not gonna pass much else then the bench run.

Last edited:

Well, finally had time to play properly with the new Pulse card - Needless to say im happy with that one for a "low end card" on air, number 4 on the leaderboard for my spec :) :

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/35408589

XY4Cx0E.jpg
You are number one in my eyes Ph123uk, as want kind of overclocker uses Chapstick.

Last edited:
"

Liquid Devil has been unleashed"​

Quick question chaps and chappetes - My XTX Sapphire Pulse seems to be capping out at around 410/415w - that's with the 3 x 8 Pin PCIe and +15 on the power slider - Is this limited in the BIOS? Given I should be able to pull more with the added PCIe power along with the 3 x 8 pin? - I've just read that the Hellhound can pull that sort of power in benchmarks and that only has 2 x 8pin PCie connectors....

I suppose my question is, what's the point of 3 x 8 Pin if they aren't letting me use it :D

Quick question chaps and chappetes - My XTX Sapphire Pulse seems to be capping out at around 410/415w - that's with the 3 x 8 Pin PCIe and +15 on the power slider - Is this limited in the BIOS? Given I should be able to pull more with the added PCIe power along with the 3 x 8 pin? - I've just read that the Hellhound can pull that sort of power in benchmarks and that only has 2 x 8pin PCie connectors....

I suppose my question is, what's the point of 3 x 8 Pin if they aren't letting me use it :D
Yes that's the max power limit for that particular model. If you want a higher power limit you'll need the Nitro, Merc, Aorus, or Taichi OC cards. I believe the TUF OC and Red Devil have power limits in-between these cards.

Yes that's the max power limit for that particular model. If you want a higher power limit you'll need the Nitro, Merc, Aorus, or Taichi OC cards. I believe the TUF OC and Red Devil have power limits in-between these cards.
Bah, I mean, I like the performance, just super miserable no more BIOS tweaking from MPT to get the most out of it (for those 5 benchmarks I may run a few times haha) - And given im only hitting 78deg hotspot on my runs, it has so much more to give!

Yeah the 3x8pin are useless on Pulse, as VBIOS has lower PL.

Please share HWINFO values for:-

GPU PPT Limit (Sustained)
GPU PPT Limit (Short)
GPU Core TDC Limit

We have confirmation of someone flashing a Red Devil XTX with Nitro+ XTX VBIOS and gaining higher PL, link.

Also added a section in OP of this thread, on RDNA3 SOC Voltage and Clocks.

GPU PPT Limit (Short)
GPU Core TDC Limit

We have confirmation of someone flashing a Red Devil XTX with Nitro+ XTX VBIOS and gaining higher PL, link.

Have a good chance in the future of flashing a new BIOS then :D - Happy days!

Will add the HWinfo values when i get home :D - Cheers Gupsterg

GPU PPT Limit (Short)
GPU Core TDC Limit

@gupsterg - as requested

GPU PPT Limit (Sustained): 348.45
GPU PPT Limit (Short): 418.14
GPU Core TDC Limit: 290A

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom