• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

These settings are what I use with Cyber-Punk with ray tracing enabled, and I have gone for stability more than anything else. I normally tune per game.
Max frequency 3000 / Min 500
VRAM 2700
Power tuning 15% (Max)
Voltage 1150
SAM enabled.

These settings are what I use with Cyber-Punk with ray tracing enabled, and I have gone for stability more than anything else. I normally tune per game.
VRAM 2700
Power tuning 15% (Max)
Voltage 1150
SAM enabled.
Turned off the RT, prefer a faster framerate to the extra eye candy.

I have been playing with AV1 encoding today, and TBH I am actually quite-impressed. 7900 captures may not quite be able to match NVENC at same bitrates, however just set the bitrate to max (100 Mbit/s) and quality is pretty-much flawless. The AMD HW encoders also seem to have lower in-game overheads than NVidia. I typically drop ~5% FPS when using NVENC, versus an almost unoticeable drop with AMD. I still think NVENC has an edge for low-bitrate streaming, however AMD now offers a realistic alternative. The AMD interface is also better integrated and more flexible.

Last edited:
I have been playing with AV1 encoding today, and TBH I am actually quite-impressed. 7900 captures may not quite be able to match NVENC at same bitrates, however just set the bitrate to max (100 Mbit/s) and quality is pretty-much flawless. The AMD HW encoders also seem to have lower in-game overheads than NVidia. I typically drop ~5% FPS when using NVENC, versus an almost unoticeable drop with AMD. I still think NVENC has an edge for low-bitrate streaming, however AMD now offers a realistic alternative. The AMD interface is also better integrated and more flexible.
Thanks for your objective views, am sure it will help some on here who stream etc :)

VRAM 2700
Power tuning 15% (Max)
Voltage 1150
SAM enabled.
what clock speeds and temps does that give you? also do you have it set at 3000 for 24/7

Been watching this guy for a little while, he's getting better (still under 1K subs) but his benchmarking on a variety of UW resolutions is really helpful and well presented.
Thanks that's useful, I sometimes game in 3840x1600/138Hz UW (custom res on my 48in Asus, gives me roughly a 40in UW screen).

Last edited:

Been watching this guy for a little while, he's getting better (still under 1K subs) but his benchmarking on a variety of UW resolutions is really helpful and well presented.

But But But he did not use DLSS 3 where you can get eleventy seven times better performance.

If AMD had released the 7900xt at the £750 it is now available for they would have gotten so much good press for the card instead of almost universal derision for its poor value compared to the xtx.

what clock speeds and temps does that give you? also do you have it set at 3000 for 24/7
In cyber punk it bounces around 2850 with temps of 60c. I have a very well ventilated case. For older games I have an under clock profile. I also frame cap as my monitor is 144hz. I don’t see any problems with running at 3000. But it does depend on the game.

But But But he did not use DLSS 3 where you can get eleventy seven times better performance.

If AMD had released the 7900xt at the £750 it is now available for they would have gotten so much good press for the card instead of almost universal derision for its poor value compared to the xtx.
I dont' disagree but this guy is just starting out and tbh his vids are still useful.

I dont' disagree but this guy is just starting out and tbh his vids are still useful.

Oh I totally agree , I liked his vid and was nicely laid out so the info was easy to see and digest. I do not care about upscaling like dlss or fsr and I appreciated the unaldulterated raw performance highlighted without any software shenanigans obscuring the hardwares raw performance.

My post was just sarcasm. Nv only ever show a slide where DLSS 3 is showcasing their newest cards in unrealistic situations where older cards are at their very weakest. The biggest problem we now have with PC gaming is not over priced hardware but how new releases are so buggy and unoptimised you need 5x the power of a PS5 just to get comparable performance. Luckily the games I play like WH3 and Steallaris are primarily PC games and not awful ports where the devs could not care about the PC version ...or go out of their way to ensure it is bad so that Nv/AMD can use it for marketing purposes.

Just picked up a Nitro+ 7900XTX

HS2a6Ab.jpg

Best 3dmark bench run i've managed so far: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/38119636

Last edited:
That's a shame. From what I've read it depends on the monitor and refresh rate that's plugged into it, is that correct? Also do 6000 series cards have same problem ?
I can't speak for 6000 series, but I've got 2 x 4k 144Hz monitors plugged into mine and the memory never clocks down. If I drop the fresh rate on both monitors to 60Hz then it drops down as expected.

I can't speak for 6000 series, but I've got 2 x 4k 144Hz monitors plugged into mine and the memory never clocks down. If I drop the fresh rate on both monitors to 60Hz then it drops down as expected.
Planing to buy either 1440p 240hz or uw1440p 144hz so will just be running one monitor. I guess running it at lower hz when not playing is not such a big problem.

Back
Top Bottom