• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
initial results from people elsewhere seem to be around 2200~mhz on the core under water which is very nice. Hope it can be pushed further with proper blocks when they are out but that sounds decent!

Associate
initial results from people elsewhere seem to be around 2200~mhz on the core under water which is very nice. Hope it can be pushed further with proper blocks when they are out but that sounds decent!

with a full cover water block I would be very happy with a 400mhz overclock to 2200mhz, maybe a bit more with a chiller. looking forward to seeing who will come out with the first dedicated block for VII

Soldato
with a full cover water block I would be very happy with a 400mhz overclock to 2200mhz, maybe a bit more with a chiller. looking forward to seeing who will come out with the first dedicated block for VII
Guy on Reddit just chucked a blyski intel cpu cooler on and he got 2200~ so I imagine a proper block should bring pretty decent results. looking forward to the follow up video from GN but they claimed the VRM's are top notch and don't need active cooling from the block.

Permabanned

That's a best case scenario though, The majority of us should count ourselves lucky if we can get in the high 1900's, that's more realistic.
If they're like the 14nm Vega's the real world 24/7 overclocks for gaming etc will be nowhere near as high as you can get away with in 3DMark.

Associate
Just to give an idea on what Vega 64 can do with an ek block. I run 1677mhz @ 1120mv +50% power, 1100mhz hbm for 24/7. Its a good compromise on clocks for power use. A water block will allow for slight reductions in voltage needed. I'll be happy if I can get to 2000mhz ish on stock voltage on the vii. Time will tell, 1800mhz was stable at 973mv, but I ran put of time for more testing last week.

Soldato
That's a best case scenario though, The majority of us should count ourselves lucky if we can get in the high 1900's, that's more realistic.
From what I've seen around 1900~ is a good clocker on air, not water. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Iim9e_ejX3nkgxLIZ3vLu1seQ1m0lDTKUhClJpAO-Gk/edit#gid=0

unfortunately it doesnt record whether they have updated their vbios which would effect results but you'd assume so given they are reasonably up to date/technical people.

I'd expect water to push past 2000 on most set up's from that. Even Vega 64 gains 150mhz or so under water and it seems the clocking on VII is better despite being a more immature process, like @Chud_Jenny I sit at 1700/1100 with a proper block on a vega 64 on an unremarkable clocker.

Associate
From what I've seen around 1900~ is a good clocker on air, not water. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Iim9e_ejX3nkgxLIZ3vLu1seQ1m0lDTKUhClJpAO-Gk/edit#gid=0

unfortunately it doesnt record whether they have updated their vbios which would effect results but you'd assume so given they are reasonably up to date/technical people.

I'd expect water to push past 2000 on most set up's from that. Even Vega 64 gains 150mhz or so under water and it seems the clocking on VII is better despite being a more immature process, like @Chud_Jenny I sit at 1700/1100 with a proper block on a vega 64 on an unremarkable clocker.

Cheers for linking that table its the type of stats i was looking for. It might well save me a few hours in tweaking a few profiles.

Soldato
Just to give an idea on what Vega 64 can do with an ek block. I run 1677mhz @ 1120mv +50% power, 1100mhz hbm for 24/7. Its a good compromise on clocks for power use. A water block will allow for slight reductions in voltage needed. I'll be happy if I can get to 2000mhz ish on stock voltage on the vii. Time will tell, 1800mhz was stable at 973mv, but I ran put of time for more testing last week.
My vega 64 with an ek block is the highest scoring vega 64 on firestrike ultra :)

Caporegime
Tried higher Matt? Or you prefer the slightly lower temps of undervolt?

This Vega56 I have atm is an excellent little card, it's really nice to play around with it :cool:
It will go higher as even with clocks of 1950/1200Mhz, stock voltage on my sample is 1.094v, but you need to have the fan up quite high once you go over 1.1v.

Caporegime
I've decided to start using both my Vega 64 Liquid and my Radeon VII as i have two displays.

I have the 64 connected to my 3440x UW and my Radeon VII connected to my 4K60HZ.

This way i can switch GPUs depending on the game/display i am using. :cool:

knd7Kvk.jpg

Permabanned

The links a good example as it shows us that less than 12% of the 61 tested managed 2000mhz or higher, Putting it under water will help some of the others reach up to 2000mhz or so but there's a lot of other factors linked to how the card will do, We'll just have to wait & see how many water cooling actually helps push past the 2000 barrier.

Permabanned
I've decided to start using both my Vega 64 Liquid and my Radeon VII as i have two displays.

I have the 64 connected to my 3440x UW and my Radeon VII connected to my 4K60HZ.

This way i can switch GPUs depending on the game/display i am using. :cool:

I've never used a second display but I've still got my old 60hz 1080p monitor knocking around & when I get my VII back I might do the same as I have my RX480 back-up card going to waste & I can see a few things I do that would benefit from me connecting a second monitor up, The only question is will my 860 watt psu be enough?

Caporegime
I've never used a second display but I've still got my old 60hz 1080p monitor knocking around & when I get my VII back I might do the same as I have my RX480 back-up card going to waste & I can see a few things I do that would benefit from me connecting a second monitor up, The only question is will my 860 watt psu be enough?
Should be as you will not be using them under 3D load at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom