The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Whats this about ibrox being renamed - surely the fans wont let Charles Green get away with that - talk about selling your soul ?

Why would he need to do that if the club is now on such a sound financial footing?

Selling stadium naming rights has been in the game a while now though, I don't think its that *bad*.

Saying that, if/when we get a new stadium and it's called Pepsi New Anfield, I'll be protesting :p

Associate
It's the future and easy money. Fans will still refer to it as Ibrox and Ibrox will still be in the name. You can never have to much money. Heard Meccano want to sponsor parkhead. :)

How much money was earmarked from the £21m shares issue for repairs to the Shoebox? ;)

Soldato
It's the future and easy money. Fans will still refer to it as Ibrox and Ibrox will still be in the name. You can never have to much money. Heard Meccano want to sponsor parkhead. :)

Its strange how every reply from you, to a sensible question, takes a pop at Celtic? I didn't mention Celtic at all in the question - why involve them?

The rangers forums were furious at the idea of renaming ibrox - I am surprised to hear you take it on the chin so nonchalantly.

Soldato
Its strange how every reply from you, to a sensible question, takes a pop at Celtic? I didn't mention Celtic at all in the question - why involve them?

The rangers forums were furious at the idea of renaming ibrox - I am surprised to hear you take it on the chin so nonchalantly.

Actually most forums are pretty split. I'm surprised you spend so much time on Rangers forums.

Soldato
How much money was earmarked from the £21m shares issue for repairs to the Shoebox? ;)

A few million. Lets face it under Murray it had been neglected. Under Whyte well he just stole money subjecting the club to an alledged fraud which will most likely be proved once the police complete their investigation into his takeover. Still its a 5 star stadium. One of only 2 in Scotland :)

Associate
A few million. Lets face it under Murray it had been neglected. Under Whyte well he just stole money subjecting the club to an alledged fraud which will most likely be proved once the police complete their investigation into his takeover. Still its a 5 star stadium. One of only 2 in Scotland :)

Mr Green was quoted as saying £9m was being used to revamp the stadium (and judging from recent pictures and the fact a toilet roof collapsed during a game this season, they better get a man on it pronto :p)

Despite the obsession with "5 Stars", there is no such criteria anymore, UEFA abandoned this in 2006 for a new criteria, UEFA Elite :)

IfYouKnowYourHistory

V F

V F

Soldato
LoL at the first comment.

no please , we dont want Scottish Football in the Premier league, the standard is poor the Jocks dont like the English so why should we have to suffer inferior football!!
Jocks want independence so do we sod off and stay in the highlands you only want to come to England when it suits you bagpipe blowers

Then this...

I've read some rubish on the WWW in my time but some of the ish on here leaves me speachless. Some people talk about the Premier League not needing Old Firm bigotry yet they don't seem to mind the racism that surrounds a lot of premier League clubs. Most Celtic fans have no interest in bigotry or racism. Most just hate Sevco, the team formely known as Rangers.
With the Premier League getting so boring with the same old faces winning it every year I think Celtic and the team formely known as.....would certainly shake things up in England.
Anyone who says they don't want Celtic or the Govan muppets nplaying in the PL would be the first in line to buy tickets when their team is playing them.
It will either happern or it won't. Both clubs will continue either way. I think it would be a step in a positive direction for all concerned.

Paul McEvoy

Last edited:
Associate
"This matter has been dragged out long enough and we had thought Lord Nimmo Smith's verdict would have been an end to it. Attempting to stretch it out even further does nothing to help the image of a game torn by dissension and engulfed in turmoil.

'It is important to remember that Lord Nimmo Smith apportioned no blame against Rangers FC and thus no sanctions were imposed on this Club

It is inconceivable, therefore, as well as ridiculous that the SPL should even think about pursuing this Club for costs against what was widely regarded as an ill-conceived and unwise course of action by them in the first place."
:confused:

Soldato
That's right sanctions were placed on the Old Company not the club.

Dora from finding nemo had a song about you.

Just keep trolling trolling trolling ;)

BTW what do you make of your teams manager's outburst from the touchline to the St Mirren player. Real classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom